PDA

View Full Version : seperatoin

Matty Day
04-15-2008, 03:05 PM
right im hoping to seperate on saturday but what are the signs that mum has had enougth of them?

sarahh
04-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi Matty just seen this thread. Mum might fight the babies or trample on them. Also she will have nothing to do with them. Ours are nearly 4 weeks and tommorow or friday we are taking them away from her.
Make sure they are weaned from mum which I know ours are.

I hope this helps

Sarah x

souffle
04-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Sometimes mums are very tolerant and patient. The main reason to separate then must be the age of the pups. After 4 weeks the boys will need to be taken out as they may try and mate with mum or sisters. Secondly mum will be tired out and her body will need rest and peace away from the demands of the pups to regain her strength. You could leave the girls with her but she may start to nip at them so I would take them out as long as there are two who you can run on together for a few weeks

Matty Day
04-16-2008, 10:43 PM
well i have just had to seperate them last night as mum started biting the pups when they went near last night i think they are weaned as they are eating me out of house and home :x

ive currently got all the pups in the tank still and mum in her cage im going to get them in same sex on saturday as planned :x

she done a realy good job with eight im going to put the money i get from the perfecto and the pups to get athena a new cage :x even thouth i hant made a profit :x