PDA

View Full Version : Missing my Topaz

jojow
08-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Topaz, aka Topey died last week. She was 18 months ish, suddenly developed a heart problem. She was totally healthy it was quite a shock to suddenly see her chest going like mad.
Topey's favourite things were weetabix, brocolli and dried mealworms. She also liked having a nap on her mummy in the evenings. She was very good at walking on her hind legs.
One thing that made the whole illness easier was the fantastic vet I saw. She really did seem to appreciate that she was a lovely placid hamster, and seemed to care a lot. She explained various options and I was happy that she was doing the best for Topey without causing any suffering. I have had vets before and felt that whilst professional, they were very much about efficiently getting the consultation done and didnt seem to care much. Kristen the vet was fantastic and I wish more vets were like her!

Silver
08-27-2012, 12:07 PM
So very sorry for your loss.

Topaz sounds like such a lovely character no wonder the vet appreciated her temperament.

Play well at the bridge Special Girl

Silver xxx

de4life
08-27-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss... my thoughts are with you.

Pompompoms
08-27-2012, 04:17 PM
What a lovely girl, I'm so sorry it was her time to pass on. It can make a huge difference to have a caring interested vet, and I'm glad you and Topaz did. Play well little lady xx

PezPus
08-27-2012, 06:23 PM
aww! Im so sorry for your loss, she was a true beauty <3

Lynternette
08-28-2012, 01:23 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. She certainly was a pretty little girl with a beautiful name. xxx

Night night Topaz. Play well at the bridge. xxx

Poptart
08-28-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm so sorry, she was a lovely girl. Sleep tight Topaz xx

souffle
09-06-2012, 03:56 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss
Play well Topaz :(