PDA

View Full Version : Strange behaviour?

NaomiR
04-14-2008, 11:40 PM
The last few days Dot and Waddle have been acting really strange, but it could just be "normal" robo behaviour so I thought I would run it past you.

Firstly I hardly see them together. One sleeps under a bridge at one end of the tank and the other sleeps in the house at the other end - don't they like each other any more?

The other "odd" thing is that I don't see them very much, I waited up 'till 11pm last night and they still weren't up and about. I got them both up (they're really friendly once you've caught them) had little cuddles with them both them popped them back into their house, they both just went off to the sleeping bits and I didn't see them again :cry:

Do you think they're okay?

NaomiR
04-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Okay no one knows or no one wants to tell me?! lol

It's nearly 9pm and I'm going to wake the naughty girls up, this is totally wierd behaviour, could someone just let me know roughly how long robos wake for :?

arlev
04-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Okay no one knows or no one wants to tell me?! lol

There doesn't seem to be many on line tonight - I didn't respond as I thought someone else would be more qualified but, here goes...

...we kept Russians but the behaviour wasn't unusual when male/male (we only kept males). With arlev/hakeem, one would quite often go and make a nest somewhere for a night and then the other would go find him and bed down with him.

In fact, the bigger the compound, the more we found that Russians would re-site nests. It's as if there's an in-built protection mechanism that prevents predators from finding a well-established nest because they change so often.

Small floor areas may not encourage this behaviour - I don't know. I'm not experienced with Rob's but, if that happened to a pair of Russians, I wouldn't be worried.

But keep an eye on them - different hamsters are, er, different.

NaomiR
04-19-2008, 03:52 AM
well here's a funny thing; I've put them in a smaller tank and they are now inseperable, they've gone from rolling round trying to pull chunks of fur from each other to snuggling right up together sleeping (and playing) nose to nose :?

Anyway so all sorted 8)