PDA

View Full Version : Not really my pet but...

GhostsInSnow
08-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Got back from work yesterday and my and my mum found this little guy in the long grass by our back garden. He's been hanging around for days and doesn't belong to anyone by our house.
We've taken him to the vets but unfortunately, he isn't chipped and he has no collar.
W're advertising him as found and the vets and Cats Protection also have the details.
If no one claims him and we can't find the owner then we'll more than likely keep him and Cats Protection said if no one comes forward after two weeks, they'll give us a voucher to get him neutered.
He's such a sweetie though, so loving and playful. The vets think he's between 6 and 12 months old but we thing he might be younger.
Anyway, we've nicknamed him Socks for now so here he is, in my sisters arms :)

LokiWolf
08-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Aww, he's so cute! We have two foundlings; one was a feral kitten at 4-6 weeks old which we found in a horrid storm 4 years ago the other a dumped kitten at 5-8 weeks in a planter box outside a deli 2 years ago.

The feral kitten that we found 4 years ago is Zim, my cat. The other one is now my parents' cat, she likes the dogs more than the other cats. XP

delbert
08-22-2012, 01:36 PM
awwwwww such a cutie, bet hes loving the attention and love :) xxx

Call me Alison
08-22-2012, 01:39 PM
he's gorgeous, he looks like my cat bob!! xxx

GhostsInSnow
08-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks everyone.
My parents originally said no more cats. We had a family cat and my cat. Our family cat, Sabia was 15 and really poorly. She ran away just before Easter the night before her vets appointment. We think she either went off to die or a fox got her.
And then at the beginning of May, my cat Bex, went to the vets because of her kidneys as she always suffered with stones and had another flare up. She was 9 and whilst I thought there was something wrong with her breathing, the vet said she was fine. She took a turn for the worst during May Day weekend and was rushed back. They diagnosed fluid on the lungs and congestive heart failure. I had her home for a week but she wouldn't eat or drink and was no longer allowed outside because of her medication and she effectively gave up so I made the decision to have her PTS as she had no quality of life at all. It broke my heart and my parents, there and then, said no more cats unless one just decides to move in xD
And then we found this little guy yesterday.
I think everyone's become attached to him and he certainly puts our pups in their place.
Part of me hopes his owners come forward and claim him but I think a bigger part of me hopes he can stay

Flamestriker
08-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Awww a sweet cat. I like cats :)

Here's hoping you can give him a home :)

GhostsInSnow
08-23-2012, 06:09 AM
Thank you :D
If we do I shall post plenty more pictures of him.
It's been decided that if he's not been claimed after two weeks (which is what Cats protection told us to give him) then we'll keep him :)

Ramyun Noodles
08-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Gorgeous cat! I wish I could have one, but I'm severely allergic to them. So is my dog. ;-)

Member_12600
08-23-2012, 07:33 AM
You get vouchers to get cats neutered? That's awesome. Wish the animal shelters around here had funding to do that, I probably could have kept the cat I rescued earlier this year.

Knotty
08-23-2012, 08:22 AM
What a striking young kitty!!

danni02
08-24-2012, 07:07 AM
sounds like he was ment to come to you. hes a cutie pie!! and his face is still very much a kitten, i'd say closer to the 6 month age.

September
08-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Yeah, I'd say between 5-8 months.

It's truly wonderful that they give vouchers to get rescues spayed/neutered. Though it wouldn't help any of our rescues as they always get dumped for being prego. Oh well-Lot's of playtime with the kittens before we find them new homes :)

GhostsInSnow
08-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Haha I'd never want to give the kittens up xD
I absolutely love them.
I think they're giving us the voucher because we're keeping him
His teeth are needle sharp so he's definitely still got his kitten teeth, which suggests closer to 6 months than twelve months as I know they start to lose their kitten teeth around 7 or 8 months.
He's a little character. He just jumped in the bath (which was wet) and started rolling around in it xD He wasn't bothered at all

Mushiemallows
08-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Absolutely adorable <3

Sandti
08-26-2012, 01:43 AM
So So sweet!! Snuggles <3

September
08-26-2012, 01:56 AM
Haha I never wanna get rid of them either, but I know I have to, sadness.

That's so cute about the bath! One of a kind cat there :)

GhostsInSnow
08-26-2012, 09:07 AM
He really is, me and my mum both got up for the loo the same time (about 5am) and he was asleep in the bathroom sink xD

GhostsInSnow
08-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Well it's now official, little Sox is here to stay.
Cats Protection phoned us today to say they'd send us the voucher and that we may as well keep him as it's been over a week and we've heard absolutely nothing from anyone, so expect lots more pictures of him soon xD

AJ Hamster
08-29-2012, 10:20 AM
He is a right cutie, we have a fair few strays around my area but i know the elderly in the area put food out for them, they're healthy so we tend to leave them be.
That's really good of CP to give you a voucher though.

PezPus
08-29-2012, 06:19 PM
awww! he is beautiful!! so glad hes yours now :D

Bright_moon
08-30-2012, 05:01 AM
Omigosh how amazing! It's like Sox was drawn to you! He's stunning and sounds so sweet and funny! That's really fantastic about the Cats Protection giving you that voucher. Oh I can't wait for more pics!!

My lovely Grandma once had a cat turn up in her garden. This cat was small and hungry and hung around for ages. Well of course my Grandma ended up taking her in and they had many happy years together, in fact she outlived my Grandma and my family took her in for her remaining few years.

That's so sad about Sabia and Bex. :( We had a cat called Sabre who developed kidney failure years ago. She was super-intelligent and so beautiful!

GhostsInSnow
08-31-2012, 01:48 PM
Thank you :) He's made himself at home now, in other words, trashing whatever he can get his paws on, jumping all over everything and terrorising the dogs :D
Awwwh that's lovely that your Grandma took the kitty in :) it's always nice when you can do that and spend years happy together, like it's meant to be :)
Awwh I'm sorry about your cat Sabre :( It's horrible isn't it when they have something wrong inside and (with me anyway) you don't know anything until it's too late.
Sox reminds me a bit of Bex. They look completely different (she was a semi-longhair tortie and he's a black and white shorthair) but he loves plastic bags and boxes and he meows a lot just like she did :)

souffle
08-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Aww he is really adorable :) Cats have a way of finding themselves the best owner. He was meant for you. Welcome Sox :)

BrittanyCaple
08-31-2012, 05:23 PM
I love cats!

GhostsInSnow
09-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Thank you :) I've been taking lots of pictures on my phone so I'll post them tomorrow :)

GhostsInSnow
09-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Here are some new pictures of Sox now he's settled in.

Having Birthday cuddles from Sox 'scuse my cow PJ's xD

Sleepy Sox in front of the radiator

Sleepy Sox on the sofa

In front of the rat cage looking out of the window

Looking beautiful for the camera

The rats, Ben and Jerry, love to tease him if he's sitting by the cage. They'll run up and down in front of him and then if he puts his paw on the cage Jerry dives at him

PezPus
09-02-2012, 11:09 PM
awww! he is a truly lovely kitty! :D
Love your PJ's ;) i got the same only in pink xD

Bright_moon
09-05-2012, 02:32 AM
awww what a cute, mischievous little monkey! It's nice that he has similarities in his personality to Bex, it's sort of like she had a hand in sending him your way. He looks totally bonded with you in the top picture. :)

GhostsInSnow
09-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Awwwh thanks everyone
I think we have bonded. I was really ill Tuesdsay night and couldn't sleep so I went downstairs and he came and curled up on me ^_^

Moodle
09-08-2012, 02:00 AM
He looks just like the cat that visits my aunts house every night at 9 o'clock sharp just to be petted lol. My aunt hates animals but my little cousins will go out there and give her pets