PDA

View Full Version : Eva's gone to the bridge :(

littlepeanut
08-17-2012, 05:51 PM
As some of you know, I had 2 sisters - Biba and Eva, formally known as Bert and Ernie. Well unfortunately Eva passed away Friday night, very suddenly and in her sleep.

They had been away on holiday, and I had only collected them Friday afternoon after not seeing them for 2 weeks. Sad times. Biba appears to be ok, happily spinning out of sync on her wheel still, and as Eva was still warm when I noticed, I'm hoping Biba is none the wiser.

Thanks to Pom for looking after all the hams so well when I was away, and for the traumatic weepy midnight call to her! Thanks for the support you gave me, Pom. We are guessing it was either a stroke or something neuro related. Either way, it was peaceful. She was only about 5 months old, but had a wonderful time whilst she was here.

Play well at the bridge, little flump, thanks for the fun times. Your face made me chuckle, you were a character and then some. Give Peanut and Snoopy a nuzzle from me. Biba says bye bye, sis xxx

Stockannette
08-17-2012, 06:45 PM
So sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, little Eva.

Arraminta
08-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Sorry for your loss..

Play well at the bridge little one

Arraminta x

fluffymunchkins
08-18-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm so sorry she was lost so soon :( I'm sure she was very grateful for the time she had.
Sleep tight Eva x

Lougarry
08-18-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Play well at the bridge, Eva. ((((Little Peanut)))) x

BrittanyCaple
08-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Sorry to hear this :( Play well at the bridge Eva :)

Pompompoms
08-18-2012, 11:24 AM
I've been thinking since last night what I'm going to write here, I was so shocked and upset when you called, as you know I was completely smitten with Eva, and wasn't sure if I could bear to give her back at all!

So I decided to write about how I saw Eva in the two weeks she stayed with us, to hopefully convey how utterly lovely she was.

A little white ball of Dynamite with the softest fluffiest fur, she like was a fluffy marshmallow, a cloud, candyfloss. Always so busy, she made me laugh so much. She was always up and about, always up to something, I'd walk into the room and she'd be there looning about, then stop listening, looking for me to see if it was playtime. I'd say 'hi Eeeeeeva' like in WALL-E , she learned to come and sit on my hand to come out, and loved a bit of a cuddle too which is nice when her fur was so so soft. She was gorgeously squishy, and seemed to get bigger every day she was here. Other than looning, eating seemed to be her favorite pastime :D:D.
She seemed to love the playpen with all the toys, and would race around non stop while Biba looked on slightly bemused by her hyperactive sister.

Her sleepy little face peeping out from the flower pot made me smile every day, and her super fluffy bum sticking out from the shavings while she was digging was so so cute.

I don't know exactly why she passed, I really so much wish I did. I'm so so sorry littlepeanut, she was such a beautiful ham inside and out.

I hope you enjoyed your holiday Eva, we will miss you xxx

Silver
08-18-2012, 11:45 AM
So very sorry for both your loss of this special little one

Thinking of you both

Silver xxx

PandaBaby
08-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Awww so sorry for your loss =(

gellerbing
08-18-2012, 02:04 PM
so sorry for your loss, play well little one x

littlepeanut
08-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks for all your kind words.

Pom, that was especially lovely. A very good description of her, she really was a fluffy ball of lovelyness.

She really was a funny thing, her face alone made me laugh! Biba still appears to be fine. She's busy at night time and flaking in the heat during the day. And I can't thank you enough for looking after them all, Pom. (Hope you enjoyed the wine :-) )

Hope
08-19-2012, 04:20 PM
am sorry sorry that Eva was taken so soon and so quickly. :(

Sleep well little girl xxx

Lynternette
08-20-2012, 01:04 AM
I'm so sorry Eva has had to leave you. She was certainly a very beautiful girl. With your photos and Pom's memorial I can almost feel her in my hands. xxx

Sleep tight Eva. Run free little one. xxx

Sandti
08-20-2012, 01:47 AM
Sorry for your loss :(

Play well at the bridge Eva xx