PDA

View Full Version : Missing my little alfie

glasgowgirl
08-15-2012, 02:11 PM
My little boy had to be put to sleep 2 months ago, but reading all these stories has made me miss him even more, he was a good little boy, never tried to bite anyone, never tried to escape (he used to squeek at me if i accidently left his cage door open for me to close it)

Sadly he got very poorly and ended up with a big cut on his tummy, i took him to the vet straight away and they put him on anti biotics which worked for a while but it ended up getting worse and my little boy was crying in pain one night, so i decided that i had to let him go and had him put to sleep, he now has his own little grave in my back garden

I take comfort in knowing i did all i could before i finally decided to let him go,it was one of the hardest and most heart breaking days of my life, i sobbed from the minute the vet shouted his name till i got him home, i couldnt bear to bury him straight away so kept him for one more night in the little me to u box i bought for him and put him in his nice clean cage with a cover over it and i lit a candle for him

mangoandmimi
08-16-2012, 01:44 AM
Ohh no, it's always so hard when they pass. But he sounded like a lovely little guy and i'm sure you've got lots of wonderful memories of him. He'll also really appreciate you letting him go, it's not an easy decision but it was the best route for him. Sleep tight little man.. And i hope you feel better soon ..x

Lynternette
08-16-2012, 01:54 AM
Its something you try your best to come to terms with and there's a corner of your heart just reserved for furbabies. I still think of little Juno every day. Not with the same sadness but memories of how sweet and funny he was. We promise to love them and keep them safe which is just what you did. xxx

I hope you are loving your new life Alfie. Run free little one. xxx

Silver
08-16-2012, 02:05 AM
So sorry for your sad loss

Silver xxx

HammieandMerlin
08-16-2012, 06:21 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, it's incredible how hugely important they are for such little guys. I am the same way right now, I lost my Sheldon back in march and I still randomly start crying at certain little things. It'll improve for you eventually, the sadness will transform bit by bit into cherished thoughts x

MissGSFL
08-16-2012, 06:27 AM
I am sorry you lost little Alfie. I understand how painful it can be because hamsters carve out a little place in your heart. But you will slowly heal, the memories that now make you cry will one day make you smile. And maybe after a few more months, or even years, you will be able to make room in your heart for a new furry. Maybe not another ham, but an animal that will make you laugh and cringe and spend all your money on them. :) Just remember that Alfie knows his mummy loves him and he is happily playing at the bridge until you two are one-day reunited xxx

Arraminta
08-16-2012, 07:07 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Alfie! These little guys work their hammy voodoo and entwine our hearts.. So small yet so big in personality and love.
Love comes in many colours and I hope one day you can let another little guy into your heart..

Arraminta x

glasgowgirl
08-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Thank u everyone, i do have another little hammy, my baby girl cookie, got her a few weeks ago, she will never replace alfie but she will make a whole set of new memories, alfie will always have a place in my and alot of other peoples hearts, so many peopke were upset at his passing. But my little girl needs all my attention and love now which is exactly what i will give her

Pompompoms
08-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Alfie will love that another ham gets the love and attention you were able to give him. He will be safe at the bridge now till it's time for you to see him again xx