PDA

View Full Version : When can they have some "ME TIME"?

Holly
04-11-2008, 03:12 AM
Last night when I got in for work Molly seemed desperate to come out for a run for the first time since her babies were born - they are 7 days today. I'm trying to think back to when I first let Caramel out for a ball run and I think it was 7 days as well.

If she seems to want out tonight do you think it would be ok to let her out for a few minutes?

BTW - I'm starting the Marteser photo diary today or tomorrow so keep an eye on my website :wink:

Yaffle
04-11-2008, 05:36 AM
I think everyone has different opinions on this. I first let Yeti out very briefly at 10 days and although she seemed fine, it was around this time that she started eating her pups, this could've been entirely coincidental but I think I'd give it longer next time just in case :D

Spuds Mum
04-11-2008, 05:41 AM
Ive taken some Mums out for a very quick cuddle a lot earlier than this Julie, but if you are planning a good run around in her ball, then I would think its okay by now too. If yuo haven't taken her out at all, she could maybe have just a quick cuddle tonight then a longer one tomorrow?

Give her a kiss on the butt from me if yuo do take her out! :D

Basia
04-11-2008, 05:56 AM
Truffle and Berry both started coming out for ball runs around 7 days. In fact Berry came out for cuddles at about 4 days because she asked so nicely I couldn't resist.
I just gave Truffle 5 minutes and a couple of minutes playtime with me so she wasn't away long.

sarahh
04-11-2008, 06:05 AM
Hi ya I think Christie wanted to come out for a few minutes a couple of days or so after the babies were born. If they want to come out for a few minutes then I don't see why they can't.

I hope this helps

Sarah x

Mollz
04-11-2008, 06:24 AM
If she wants to come out, then I think you should get her out. However, I don't think I'd leave her out of the cage and away from the babies for more than 10 minutes or so to begin with - and then maybe work up to a bit longer if all is ok.

Looking forward to the photo diary!

Holly
04-11-2008, 08:01 AM
I think the girls will get some me time tonight then - I'll try to do a baby head count as well while they are out (without going anywhere near them of course).

agatecrystal
04-11-2008, 10:42 AM
I think the girls will get some me time tonight then - I'll try to do a baby head count as well while they are out (without going anywhere near them of course).

Let us know :D