PDA

View Full Version : Office Box Pink Palace Play Pen

Rollin-Daisy
07-20-2012, 10:03 AM
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff489/pippam83/DSCF7568.jpg

I made it today I paid nothing for it! I had the box and I had the mesh.

I am hopping to go to the factory shop on Sunday and buy some deep box's and make myself a double level cage. I will have to drill some holes so I can tie in a free standing wheel and another one for the water bottle.

Planning to get some wooden ladders from zooplus.

My hamsters name is Daisy she is a syrian and I had her since March

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff489/pippam83/DSCF7569.jpg

Mikayla
07-20-2012, 10:12 PM
How big is it??? It looks kind of small to be a permanent cage, but I'm not the best eye as Percy's cage is giant :\

Whitehologram
07-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Knowing the size of the treat sticks....I doubt you'll get a wheel in there that is big enough for a Syrian hamster.

But possibly you meant for the deeper double bin cage.

As an extra play-spot it's cute. Daisy is lovely. I have a sspft spot for Hammy's called Daisy :)

Lougarry
07-21-2012, 12:07 AM
Very cute :) :)

As my friends and family will confirm (!) I love the Factory Shop but few of their storage boxes are big enough - and those that are are more expensive than the massive Asda one. Here is a post with links to some bin recommendations:
http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/housing/30985-help-bin-cage.html#post390589

HorseyMandz
07-21-2012, 12:35 AM
The title says 'Play Pen' so I don't think it's a permanent home :)

Rollin-Daisy
07-21-2012, 12:40 AM
Its only a play pen because her current cage is smaller but with more head room and tunnells to climb through.

I feel like such an idiot I never imagined that you could build a cage so easily from box's and wield mesh for half the price you would pay for a propper cage.

I believe her current cage fits her needs and she is a perfectly happy little hammy but now I have seen a few DIY cages I feel like having a go and seeing what how I can come up with my own customized cage.

I all ways thought the factory shop was quite cheap not sure if IKEA is any cheaper though asda is not far from were I live so I will pop down and have look see what they got.

My other option was maybe finding a small chest of draws 2nd/3rd hand taking the draws out and putting a door on as that would lend more room and for better customsation.

Whitehologram
07-21-2012, 12:49 AM
Its only a play pen because her current cage is smaller but with more head room and tunnells to climb through.

I feel like such an idiot I never imagined that you could build a cage so easily from box's and wield mesh for half the price you would pay for a propper cage.

I believe her current cage fits her needs and she is a perfectly happy little hammy but now I have seen a few DIY cages I feel like having a go and seeing what how I can come up with my own customized cage.

I all ways thought the factory shop was quite cheap not sure if IKEA is any cheaper though asda is not far from were I live so I will pop down and have look see what they got.

My other option was maybe finding a small chest of draws 2nd/3rd hand taking the draws out and putting a door on as that would lend more room and for better customsation.
I like the idea of a chest of drawers...that could look really good and give a nice deep digging pit too.

Lougarry
07-21-2012, 12:59 AM

Usually it is, which is why I love it so much. It's usually my first port of call (and I'll be there later today for a scrapbook :) ), but for some reason its bins aren't so great.

Not all Asdas have the big bin, so might be worth calling ahead. You can order on the website and have it delivered to your local store.

I love the idea of customised furniture. Saw this on eBay recently:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Rat-Cage-/261069349762?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item3cc8f22382
Can't wait to see what you come up with :D