PDA

View Full Version : good bye mr. humphreys

vanilla-yazoo
07-20-2012, 03:05 AM
I have just returned from the vets, I had to have mr. humphreys pts.

He had a really bad viral infection that caused his lower jaw to swell and ulcer, it dragged on the floor as he walked.
His allergy problem also kept coming back, still not sure if its bedding, chemical, dust or something else, but he kept getting swellings under his arms.

Mr humphreys also had his mental issues over his bottom, and would attack you on the best of days if you tried to look at it, I could not scruff him without being savaged now, as it was so painful on his mouth, so batril would only cause more pain. The vet said that the viral was not very treatable, and she is the one I always try to see with the hamsters as she understands them more then the others (more of the 'its just a hamster' feeling) she says I know them far better then what they see in a few moments, i know what effects them, and how they react to it, she agreed with me its the kindest thing to do.

He came from our first show, my sister fell in love with winter whites a long time ago, but we could never get them, she bit off more then she could chew getting two hamsters, mr humph had mental issues from being bitten, and my sisters lack of confidence with hamsters turned him into a savage monster, she was going to rehome him so I said I would have him, 2 weeks later he was a different hamster, still mental, but became a lovely little chap, and changed name from 'the shard' to mr. johnathan montgomery humphreys the first.
He restored my love of dwarfs after loosing mishka, and opened me up to the world of winter whites.

Full of beans right till the end x
Run free Mr. Humphreys, for the good times and the bad, you will be remembered, missed, and forever loved x

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j333/vanilla-yazoo/IMG_4885.jpg

Mona's Humans
07-20-2012, 03:08 AM
Run free little one x

Arraminta
07-20-2012, 03:12 AM
So sorry for your loss..

Play well at the bridge little one x

Arraminta x

fluffymunchkins
07-20-2012, 05:22 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about humphrey :( Such a handsome lad and hes at peace now.
Sleep tight xx

TraceyH
07-20-2012, 06:20 AM
Aw, he was so cute looking.

flakeyflake
07-20-2012, 06:33 AM
run free little man x

Sparkle
07-20-2012, 06:36 AM
Sorry for your loss.

Silver
07-20-2012, 06:54 AM
So sorry Vanilla,

Play well at the bridge Mr humphreys

Silver xxx

Hammymad
07-20-2012, 08:32 AM
very sorry for your loss, sweet dreams Mr.Humphreys xxx

RachK
07-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Yaz I'm so so sorry you have lost Mr Humphreys. RIP little fella xxx

Poptart
07-20-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm so sorry :(

Sleep tight Mr. Humphreys xxx

Lynternette
07-21-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm so sorry to hear your news. xxx

Run free little Mr. Humphries. Play well. xxx

Humphrey Furball
07-21-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm so sorry; run free at the bridge Mr H x

Pompompoms
07-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Oh no hon I'm so sorry, I didn't realise he was struggling :(:(. You gave him the kindest gift when he needed your help. Play well lovely Mr. Humphries, you have many many new friends to make at the bridge xx

Hamtastic
07-23-2012, 11:51 AM
I am very sorry to hear this :( Humph has always been a delight. May he be comfortable and find joy and lots of treats at the Bridge <3

souffle
07-24-2012, 01:14 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. You tried your best for him and I'm sure he felt your love as he walked over the bridge
Play well at the bridge Mr Humphreys x

vanilla-yazoo
07-25-2012, 03:28 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind words of support, I know not all of you knew mr.humphreys that well, but those who knew him from the start knows what I went through with him.
I miss him terribly, but I know I done the right thing, its not fair to keep them going, even when he was so full of life at the vets.

run free my lil dumpling x mummy misses you x

Biscuit
07-25-2012, 03:59 AM
I'm so sorry. He was a gorgeous liitle fella. :(
R.I.P little one. You will be missed. xxx