PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the Arrival of The Martesers (have seen them!)

Holly
04-05-2008, 02:22 AM
Molly (Malteser) and Mars are proud to announce the arrival of their new babies, born 4th April 2008 :)

I still haven't seen them but sitting here this morning the quiet but definite sound of tiny baby hammies (birds!) is plain to hear :)

I've no idea how many there are but they are in there!!!!

Hur-flamin-rah - after Smartie's phantom pregnancy last time I was wondering if we'd ever hear the patter of tiny feet.

Caramel, get knitting - you are a granny again :x

Tammy22
04-05-2008, 03:00 AM
Great news Julie!!!

=D>

Tammy x

cloptonite
04-05-2008, 03:11 AM
Yay, well done to miss Molly!!

Hope all goes well. Can't wait to see some little mini Mollies soon :D

Holly
04-05-2008, 03:14 AM
Thanks you two :)

They are incredibly vocal already, though it's a tiny sound. I don't remember hearing Caramel's litter at this early stage but I think it's a sound once heard, never forgotten!

Good on ya Molly (and not forgetting Mars's contribution :wink: ).

Spuds Mum
04-05-2008, 04:15 AM
Sincere congratulations Molly, Mars, Will and Julie! :D
Grandma Princess is currently grumbling about being too young to be a grandma and though I keep telling her that she has always had silver-grey fur, she's thinking of dyeing it, whilst Grandpa Dubaku is talking about getting an allotment and growing his own carrots! :wink:

I'm so excited that the beautiful litter that I had (only seems 5 minutes ago) is now producing the next generation! :x :x :x

Leon
04-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Congratulations! I have been reading your other post with interest - it looks like your brood has really kept you on your toes. Anyway I hope everything continues to go well and I know we are all looking forward to seeing piccies :D

Bunsey
04-05-2008, 07:54 AM
yey! :D congratulations!

Mollz
04-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Congratulations to all concerned! You must be very happy to finally hear the little squeaks and know that you deffinitely have babies :D

Basia
04-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Aw well done Molly and congratulations Julie & Will :D That's great news.
Have had computer problems all day, this is the first chance I have had to come and check.
Any news on Smartie?

I_am_plankton
04-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Fantastic news :d I look forward to hearing about them as they grow!

agatecrystal
04-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Congratulations on the 2nd litter within a 24 hour period. Call that lucky lol. Im jealous :D

souffle
04-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Oh my I am getting tired out by all my grandchildren now. Ah my son Mars you are a dad now so sit back and rexax. Theres nothing more for you to do lad! Napoleon is complaining about his lack of wife but well he'll just have to wait!
Congatulations Molly and Mars
Grandad Paws and Uncle Napoleon.
XXX

Holly
04-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks guys, everything's calm so I think they are all ok.

Napoleon - your turn will come and I'm sure she'll be a beauty!

Holly
04-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Nothing much to report with The Martesers - in fact, compared to the Smarterones, there's NOTHING to report!

They are still very vocal so I know they are in there but Molly has them completely covered and, at 2 days old, I haven't seen a peep of them (in some ways better than seeing them I think).

Will keep you posted!

jayne
04-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Congratulations to you all!
please keep us all updated, i know you will anyway but we are all patiently waiting for the long awaited photos

Holly
04-07-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm now worrying about Molly's babies :?

She's the total opposite to Smartie, she's had them buried under a pile of bedding since they were born and, tonight, she's basically taken ALL the bedding in the cage and added it to the mountain:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/Holly_Day/IMG_0438.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/Holly_Day/IMG_0439.jpg

Surely they can't breathe in there? :shock:

I can hear them squeaking right now so I know they are alive - but how? There's nothing I can do is there? :?

Someone help me quick, she's shovelling more on there :?

Matty Day
04-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Athena was the same and hers were fine she may move nests later on though as Athena has downsized since then :x

I_am_plankton
04-07-2008, 10:46 AM
oh my god you really aren't having a good time Julie :(

What the heck has she done?! Maybe it is a security thing? I have no idea re breathing I'm afraid, although I would imagine they would be ok since she has to get in and surely wouldn't risk suffocating herself :S

Matty Day
04-07-2008, 10:47 AM
and she might have stores and a tunnel network to :x

Spuds Mum
04-07-2008, 10:50 AM
If you are concerned Julie (and that is one huge nest), just take a spoon and gently remove some of the bedding from the sides. Chances are though that she will just pile it up again.

Im sure that she and the pups will be fine, but that does appear to be Princess obsessive behaviour! :roll:

Hope they are all okay.

Holly
04-07-2008, 10:53 AM
They've been silent for the past 10 minutes and she's not going back to them :(

I've fed her a few minutes ago and removed some of the top bedding with a spoon while she was distracted - she's now piling it up again but not going back to check them.

I've got a really bad feeling about this. I can't hear a thing.

Bourne Valley Hams
04-07-2008, 10:56 AM
I am sure they are fine Julie. Some mums do this and I have never yet had a litter suffer as a consequence.

Spuds Mum
04-07-2008, 10:57 AM
They may just be asleep Julie, but if you are very concerned, put her out for a five minute run in her ball, and use the spoons to scopp back a little of the nest to look.

When putting her back I would give some tasty food to distract her.

Hope everything is okay, I am sure it is, and didnt mean to be flippant above, hope I havent offended if you are really really worried. sorry x

Holly
04-07-2008, 11:12 AM
She still hasn't gone back to them andit's been silent for 25 minutes now, I'm sure they'd be calling her by now. I've tried leaving her alone, it's not worked so far - she seems to be a in a frenzy running all over the cage and digging in the bedding madly. I'm leaving her alone in case they are still alright but I don't feel very hopeful. :(

souffle
04-07-2008, 11:18 AM
OMG its a mountain. I think they will be OK but I think she may have 'lost' touch with them. Any chance of putting the shelf back in? Ours pack the bedding tight over it but they can only go so far with it. Don't panic she will get back to them I'm sure. You likely can't hear them as they are muffled in by the bedding.

Spuds Mum
04-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Have you heard anything yet? Has Molly returned?
Now you have me worrying too. Be good Molly, and put your human Mum and ex-Mum out of their misery :(

Holly
04-07-2008, 11:52 AM
I've just heard them, I think!

I've been round my mum's just to get away and to give her total peace and I've just got back, she's back in the nest, which is now slightly less high and more spread out than it was.

I think she might have "lost" them for a few minutes and that's why she was going nuts chucking bedding round.

Thanks for the support, this is a seriously stressful business. I'm at work tomorrow, I'll probably worry all day but at least I won't be wtching what's going all all day. I think I need to get out :oops:

Spuds Mum
04-07-2008, 11:59 AM
well Im glad you went round to your Mums, because I rang you and then panicked when I got no reply :oops: see- I can tell you not to worry but I am just as bad really! :roll:

I was just ringing because I was worried that you were alone and worried and going frantic!

Im sure Molly will be okay, and raise some beautiful and wonderful pups. Every wish is winging your way for that! :D

Holly
04-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Aww bless you Teresa :oops:

I'm going to make a huge effort to calm down now - I only panic because I want these little ones sooooo much and I can't bear to think of them suffocating/freezing etc etc :oops:

Will and I have now definitely heard them squeaking - thank God for that!

Spuds Mum
04-07-2008, 12:18 PM
awww fantastic - and all I can say is that Molly definitely has her Mum's personality rather than her Dad's laid back one (well up to this week anyway).

I just got Arti to take individual photos of my litter so should be posting them tonight! :D

Yaffle
04-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Glad everything has calmed down now!

I'm sure mum knows what she's doing, it's just hard to trust them sometimes! I wish we knew what they were thinking, it'd save us a lot of stress. I think I got my first grey hair when Yeti had her litter :roll:

Spuds Mum
04-07-2008, 12:41 PM
I think I got my first grey hair when Yeti had her litter :roll:

Nice & Easy 106?? ROFL - I think you have a few years to go yet Claire :D

Holly
04-07-2008, 11:50 PM
All appears to be well this morning - babies squawking as usual and nest big but not like Mt Vesuvius! I'm calm now and actually looking forward to work :P

Glad everything has calmed down now!

I'm sure mum knows what she's doing, it's just hard to trust them sometimes! I wish we knew what they were thinking, it'd save us a lot of stress. I think I got my first grey hair when Yeti had her litter :roll:

Sadly I already had plenty before these litters, now I look like ...erm.....a long, grey-haired woman (can't think of any of the top of my head!).

Holly
04-08-2008, 02:16 AM
Quick update before I disappear for work - I've seen them, I think there are 8, maybe 9, it's a much smaller huddle than Smartie's but they do look a lot bigger (they are 24 hours older and maybe growing faster as there are less to feed).

I can see 2 very dark ones (maybe Sable), one half light/half dark one (maybe sable roan) and the others just look pink (maybe Cream or Cream Roan). I think they all have black eyes but it's hard to see and I guess they could be anthing at this stage, it's difficult to see clearly.

I relieved they are ok, Molly doesn't seem inclined to pile the bedding on them anymore after "losing" them last night :wink:

souffle
04-08-2008, 02:23 AM
Thank you for making me smile Julie. Now I can smile as you have stopped panicking. You should write a book. 'Trials and tribulations of a worried hamster breeder' by a 'Long Grey haired Woman' (Julie does not have long grey hair by the way :lol: :lol: )

agatecrystal
04-08-2008, 04:02 AM
Glad everything has worked out ok for yo Julie. Thorny piled a mountain too yesterday and I got panicked and had to take some away.

Basia
04-08-2008, 05:54 AM
It went very cold last night so these mums might just have been taking good care of their babes.

agatecrystal
04-08-2008, 06:04 AM
Central heating was on lol.

Holly
04-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Thank you for making me smile Julie. Now I can smile as you have stopped panicking. You should write a book. 'Trials and tribulations of a worried hamster breeder' by a 'Long Grey haired Woman' (Julie does not have long grey hair by the way :lol: :lol: )

I might have to do that - but, touch wood, all is calm here tonight. I've had another quickie look in Molly's nest when she came out for dinner, I think there are eight and there are definitely light and dark ones in there! It's a normal sized nest tonight!

They are four days old tonight :) ..they are so beautiful and it's such an incredible sight, I feel very priviledged to be seeing them like this at this early stage.

Matty Day
04-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Quick update before I disappear for work - I've seen them, I think there are 8, maybe 9, it's a much smaller huddle than Smartie's but they do look a lot bigger (they are 24 hours older and maybe growing faster as there are less to feed).

I can see 2 very dark ones (maybe Sable), one half light/half dark one (maybe sable roan) and the others just look pink (maybe Cream or Cream Roan). I think they all have black eyes but it's hard to see and I guess they could be anthing at this stage, it's difficult to see clearly.

I relieved they are ok, Molly doesn't seem inclined to pile the bedding on them anymore after "losing" them last night :wink:

thats good news i hope every one who is having a baby out of this liiter. gets what they want out of this litter :x

molly soundas like she is doing a good job thougth :P

Holly
04-08-2008, 03:10 PM
thats good news i hope every one who is having a baby out of this liiter. gets what they want out of this litter :x

Me too - it does seem possible that I might have more than enough babies for everyone to choose what they want - with a few extras. I have 14 definite homes and another 3 possibles. It's early days yet though - can't count those chickens just yet :?

molly soundas like she is doing a good job thougth :P

She sure is - I'm so proud of them both, bless them.

Holly
04-09-2008, 02:37 AM
Quick update!

I've seen Molly's babies this morning and managed a quick photo while she was eating with her back turned. It's still too early to post it on my site - once they get to about 10 days and the girls are out for ball runs I'll start doing a daily photo diary - in the meantime I've sent it to all the prospective owners :wink:

I still think there 8 (perhaps nine) and they do look quite a bit bigger than Smartie's litter at this stage. Molly's eating well and she's being a very good mum, I think.

agatecrystal
04-09-2008, 03:08 AM
Glad everything is going well for your girls. Thanks for the pccies they are adorable :D

Spuds Mum
04-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Mummy Princess says a big well done to her beautiful daughter! And Daddy Dubs is suitably proud, too, and has told all the other hams he is a Grandpa!

We think there are 10 Martesers! we just had a guess! :x

Holly
04-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Thanks, Teresa!

We think there are 10 Martesers! we just had a guess! :x

My goodness - Will agrees with you :shock:

Well, with a bit of luck, we might all have lots of babies (and colours!) to choose from :P

Bailey-Benji
04-10-2008, 05:52 AM
Congrats on the litter- I'm glad they're okay!

Holly
04-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks Bailey - I got another look this morning and counted 7 (I think some were probably buried though). There are two definite sables and one that looks sable roan, the rest are still pink (creams or cream roans then). I can't believe I can see them and their colours so clearly at 6 days old!

Holly
04-11-2008, 07:06 AM
I've started Molly and the Martesers photo diary on my website if anyone is interested!

Mollz
04-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Just had a look Julie - they are SO cute :D

I'd say that there are between 10 and 13 in those photos!

Holly
04-11-2008, 07:13 AM
Just had a look Julie - they are SO cute :D

I'd say that there are between 10 and 13 in those photos!

Eek! I don't think though, I've blown the first one right up (andquite a few others I took) and I can only ever count eight or less :P

Mollz
04-11-2008, 07:15 AM
LOL - maybe I was counting heads and bums seperately? :P

Holly
04-11-2008, 07:45 AM
LOL - maybe I was counting heads and bums seperately? :P

I think you might be - have done that myself over and over again! :wink: ....I'll let you know if you are right though, I should know quite soon when they start wandering out!

Matty Day
04-11-2008, 07:51 AM
thanks for the pic i coundted 8 but its hard to do :x

i see what you mean you have defintly got two sables there. the others do defintly have a creamish glow thought it could be the light :x

just out of interest when do we all choose :x

Holly
04-11-2008, 07:56 AM
just out of interest when do we all choose :x

Well I think we'll have to wait a while for that Matty - for a start it's utterly impossible to tell hamsters of the same colour apart at this stage and for the next few weeks - and they change on a day to day basis anyway.

Will and I both want a baby from this litter but I wouldn't want to choose yet, I need to see how they develop. You get next pop at the Martesers as you were first to ask and you definitely want one from this litter.

I'll try to do individual piccies once they get a bit older :wink:

Holly
04-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Well Mollz, I have just eaten my hat - you are quite right - there are ten :shock:

Molly was begging to come out a few minutes ago so I let her - she went charging off in her ball, not a care in the world so I just lifted the roof for a few seconds and counted - am gobsmacked :shock:

I've taken another picture which is on my site but I must stress that it's taken with a zoom lens and without going near the babies.

Mollz
04-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Oooh, I'm not going mad then!

Great picture to really show what they are like at this age - and don't worry, we all know that you would never do anything that would put the babies at risk.

Spuds Mum
04-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Are you sure there are only 10?? I thought I counted at least 11, maybe 12!

They look a fine bunch Julie and Will, and i love the photo with Mum asleep - its a classic.

She's doing so so well, Im very proud that having had relative hamsters for so long, we now have a 'joined' hamster family.

I hope you love your Molly's babies as much as I love Bronte's. :D They are all lovely!

Bailey-Benji
04-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Aww they're so teeeeeeeeeeny!

I counted more than 10 too :lol: :lol:

Jane
04-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Just looked at the piccies and awwww! They're cute already :wink:

Holly
04-11-2008, 10:32 AM
I sort of saw them all up close and separated out if you know what I mean and there was only one "layer", I'm pretty sure it's 10 but I'll let you all know for sure when they start coming out :wink:

Edit! They've started coming out! Well two have anyway - and Molly is not impressed! She herded one back and grabbed the other by it's leg :shock:

I wasn't expecting them to come out for another couple of days at least - maybe that was a fluke.

ami_j
04-12-2008, 02:56 AM
lol i love it when they try to go walk about and mums desparatley trying to round them up. picks up one and the others all run out...was what happened in my last litter i feel so sorry for the mum :lol:

Yaffle
04-12-2008, 04:14 AM
awww they're beautiful, my guess is 11 x

Holly
04-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Quick update!

Litter doing well (new pic on my site) and the difference between the Sables and Sable Roans is now obvious. I think the difference between satin and non satin is also becoming apparent!

They are really trying to get out of the nest now - I'm finding it very difficult to actually do anything other than sit here and watch them all day :shock:

Mollz Mum
04-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Oh they are really lovely Julie. I am loving watching all these babies grow and develop. My problem is that I want them all - I could get Molly to share with me and we could convert her room (I really shouldn't give her ideas!!.. :lol: )

Louby
04-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Oh Julie, they all look so beautiful. You really can see the colours coming through, its amazing!

Roll on the next photo update, this is like waiting for Christmas! :D

04-12-2008, 10:38 AM
They're so gorgeous!! I totally understand what you mean about watching them - I've just been lying on the bedroom floor watching Bruce's babies (they've starting opening their eyes today and Bruce seems happy to let them wander out for a while)...I shuffle between the bedroom floor watching my babies and my laptop looking at your babies! :D

Spuds Mum
04-12-2008, 11:25 AM
what a beautiful litter Julie - I feel all overcome to see such wonderful babies.

Roll on the next photo - such little sweethearts (just like their Mum is and was :x )

Basia
04-12-2008, 03:59 PM
I can see a sable roan - you lucky thing you!
The one at the bottom left looks like a satin cream-roan to me.
Lovely, lovely photos.

Holly
04-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks guys - it is getting exciting now as the odd one or two keep escaping - I think they'll all be out soon and I'll be able to count them and their colours - watch this space!

04-13-2008, 02:04 AM
Its so exciting Julie. I really hope the shop near you can get some Gabbers in as its a great excuse for me to come up and see the babies!! In fact, let's just pretend they have Gabbers anyway....I can't wait to see them!

Holly
04-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks Justine - another piccie added to my site tonight, been at work all day and I swear they've grown loads while I've been away! (Will let you know about the Gabbers tomorrow - you are welcome to vist whenever you like once we start handling - next weekend :wink: ).

Tammy22
04-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Julie, just had a quick a look at your website, they are beautiful!

I love the pics. It is so exciting to see the colours develop isnt it - such a surprise too, lol.

Tammy x

Holly
04-14-2008, 04:16 AM
More piccies are now online - the clearest ones yet!

I now know that we have 11 babies in Molly's nest - 2 sables (one a satin), 2 Sable Roans (both normal I think) and 7 Creams/Cream Roans (one is the runt, bless him :( ). It's still hard to tell Creams and Roans apart but I think there are at least 3 that look whiter than the others - the Creams/Cream Roans are a mix of satin and non-satin I think :)

Spuds Mum
04-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Oh they are beautiful - such stunning babies, and they look so healthy. Hope the little one gets his share of food, wont be long now and you will be able to handle him and give him a little extra whilst doing so.. :D

agatecrystal
04-14-2008, 10:56 AM
They are gorgoeus.You're doing really well with babies at the moment aren't you? :D

Mollz Mum
04-14-2008, 03:01 PM
They really are lovely Julie.
I'm not sure how you cope with all the stress though!!
I hope that the little one picks up soon.

Holly
04-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks everyone - the Martesers still seem to be doing very well, there are lots of fat round babies in there now (including a Sable Roan I've fallen in love with!). Best of all Runty is still hanging in there and I saw him feeding this evening!

I've loaded a few piccies just now if anyone is interested.

Spuds Mum
04-15-2008, 01:15 PM
You have a nice round chunky sable roan in there - not surprised you've fallen in love - I can quite understand that :x
They are all delightful, I can see a couple of very white bottoms, to suggest cream roans too - gorgeous :x

Holly
04-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks Teresa :)

The Sable Roan I like is the one just sticking his head up in the last picture! I've seen the Cream Roans as well, I love 'em (well I love 'em all!).

Matty Day
04-15-2008, 02:59 PM
any idea on the number or normal creams in there

Basia
04-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Ah, they are looking lovely. Will soon be out running about by the look of them. Gorgeous babies. :D

Bunsey
04-15-2008, 05:20 PM
oh they're just gorgeous! i love the one where the sable is trying to eat and everyone else is walking around on top of him! he's like *sigh* :lol:

Holly
04-16-2008, 03:52 AM
They are out and about today! As I'm typing two babies (a Sable and a Cream) are out exploring and Molly is asleep so she hasn't noticed! I fed them baby porridge on a pringles lid this morning and they all seemed keen. Runty is still small but he seems to be growing and I watched him eat this morning so I feel more positive for him now.

any idea on the number or normal creams in there

I don't know Matty - I think there are just one or two normal Creams BUT I remember thinking most of the Carapaws were satin at this stage and, in the end, only 3 of them were - so don't panic yet!

Louby
04-16-2008, 04:23 AM
Sorry Matty...i'm keeping my fingers crossed for Satins :wink: :D

Matty Day
04-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Sorry Matty...i'm keeping my fingers crossed for Satins :wink: :D

don’t worry a normal bec boy is my preferred choice just as I am totally new to lh hams but saying that I am totally adaptable and will still take a bec boy satin or not:x

agatecrystal
04-16-2008, 11:48 AM
They are precious Julie! so gorgeous glad everything is going well. fingers crossed for the runt :D

Holly
04-16-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm just going to put some more piccies on my site - Molly's litter continue to do well. Though I've only seen 10 tonight (I don't know if there were eleven yesterday) the runt is still there and seems to be going from strength to strength, tonight he battled his way to the Pringles lid.

I think we have:

2 Sables (1 satin)
2 Sable Roans (both normal)
2 Cream Roans (both Satin, I think)
4 Black Eyed Creams (I think 3 are satin and one is normal).

All are coming out now, Molly won't stand for it when she's awake but when she falls into an exhausted sleep they all take advantage. This litter seems to be doing so much better than Smartie's :(

Spuds Mum
04-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Good to hear they seem to be doing well Julie, those sable roans seem to be very nicely marked dont they?

Hope everything continues to go well for Molly's litter - still sending big hugs to you for Smartie though x

Basia
04-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Oh Julie what lovely babies and such a good mix of colours. Love the little sable face pointing out of the scrum in one of the photos.

Leon
04-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Gorgeous pics :D I'm glad this litter is doing well.

Holly
04-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Molly's 10 babies continue to do well, some of them were out raiding her food store when we got home this evening - I'm just loading some new piccies. They are 2 weeks old tomorrow.

Spuds Mum
04-17-2008, 02:45 PM
congratulations Julie, it must be so hard to have this simultaneous roller coaster of emotions going on.

Glad to hear these pups are doing well though - am going to look at the site now x

Mollz
04-17-2008, 02:45 PM
It's nice to hear that these all seem to be doing well, and that you have something good to focus on.

Can't wait to take a peek at the new pictures!

Holly
04-18-2008, 02:13 AM
Well I got a good look at them all just now at brekfast time (new piccies to follow on my site). There are definitely 2 Cream Roans (both satin, I think) and 3 Black-eyed Creams ( 2 look Satin and 1 looks normal) as well as the 2 Sables and 2 Sable Roans we already knew about.

Despite the fact that we only have 15 babies from the two litters now, depending on sexes and if things stay the same, we do have enough to give everyone who wants one from HC the colours they want, it just depends what sex they all are. I did have 17 homes but I've had to tell the last 2 people who asked me (work colleagues) that we probably don't have enough for them to have one.

Bunsey
04-18-2008, 05:34 AM
this sounds like a fantastic litter. lovely mix of colours. i really like roans :D

Matty Day
04-18-2008, 06:41 AM
when shall we know all the sexes ?

glad tohere ther going strong

Mollz Mum
04-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Just had a look Julie, they are really lovely and doing so well.

Matty Day
04-18-2008, 01:36 PM
sorry i only just had a look at your site just now.so discount my questoin

i found the captoin amusing :wink:

just an idea if people are realy disapointed could you not add then to the list for the next litter/litters?

Spuds Mum
04-18-2008, 01:41 PM
oh my life - what lovely photos - its a stunning litter Julie. I think they are all stunning, and whoever the lucky people are (including Matty of course lol) who get any of them, I am sure they will be absolutely thrilled and delighted. :x

agatecrystal
04-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Looking ab. gorgeous glad this litter is doing so well for you and hope they continue to go on strong.

Holly
04-19-2008, 02:51 PM
One of the Sable Roans has his eyes open!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fifteen days old today, we'll be starting handling tomorrow, I can't wait to finally get an up close look and see if we can sex them :wink:

Spuds Mum
04-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Yay - happy hamster holding! :P

Basia
04-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Aw how exciting. We can have some pictures on the forum very soon then! :P

Holly
04-20-2008, 05:55 AM
Well we have just met Justine (East London Chick) which was lovely and we have just got the Martesers out for the first time!!!!!! I was so excited it felt like Christmas :wink:

We had a preliminary go at sexing them and this is what we *think* we've got:

Sable 1 - Boy
Sable 2 - ? (think he's a boy but not sure)

Sable Roan 1 - Girl
Sable Roan 2 - Girl

Cream - Boy (Hurrah, Matty!)

Cream Satin 1 - Girl
Cream Satin 2 - Boy
Cream Satin 3 - Boy (runty)

Cream Roan Satin - ?
Cream Roan Satin - ? (I think they are both girls but I'm not sure yet)

I've cleaned the cage except for the nest area and given them loo rolls to play in and on - just adding new piccies to my site (they don't all have eyes open yet so I'm not posting them here just yet).

Matty Day
04-20-2008, 06:14 AM
yesssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

thanks just what i need im feeling awful today ive got a realy bad head ache :x

Holly
04-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Yes it is good news, Matty - it also seems I have a much needed Sable male and Cream Satin female as well for two other forum members.

Will and I look to be able to have the Sable Roan girl and Cream Roan girl we want from this litter too.

Now I need Smartie's BEC to be a girl and one of her Sables to be a girl too for everyone to get the baby they want. I'd also like the REC to be a girl but will keep it either way - I'm not asking much am I? :P

Matty Day
04-20-2008, 07:20 AM
well if if it is alright with you holly. i think ill put my bec boy in the imac when it gets to seperatoin. just as i might put my two new chinese boys in my new rex. or we might move aprodite not sure yet :x

Yaffle
04-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Awww they look great Holly, I'm glad everyone is going to get what they want :D

04-20-2008, 08:39 AM
I've just got back from Holly's - I spent the entire journey down the M1 dreaming about Molly and Smartie's babies. They are absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm truly honoured to have held them. :D Now I want them all!!!! And I'd quite like to steal Button as well - he's a lovely little teddy bear. :wink:

Holly, Will, Josh - it was so lovely to meet you all!! I'm now at home stroking my new Gabbers (thank you!) and getting excited about Blenheim. :x

Holly
04-20-2008, 08:42 AM
It was a pleasure to meet you also, East London chick - and to chat with you constantly ( something about these hamster people, the ones I meet and I can never stop talking :wink: ).

Glad you are home safely - I posted The Picture:
http://www.hamstercentral.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3693 (http://www.hamstercentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3693)

Holly
04-21-2008, 01:51 AM
I put some individual piccies of the Martesers on my site late last night - especially for those of you who are waiting for one :wink:

I now think both Satin Creams and Runty are female :shock: ...I'm going to check them all again later!

Spuds Mum
04-21-2008, 02:10 AM
Why especially for people wanting them :cry: what about proud grandmas? :wink:

They look beautiful - you must be so proud :D

04-21-2008, 02:41 AM
Fabulous photos! They're all such adorable little poppets. I spent last night lying awake thinking of a name for my sable baby....I actually got up at 3am so I could start making a list of ideas!! :roll:

Holly
04-21-2008, 02:49 AM
Sorry - the piccies are for proud grannies as well :wink:

I'm looking at Molly's babies just now after handling Smartie's just now - and they have grown HUGELY even just overnight, I'm shocked :shock:

They felt the same size as Smartie's yesterday, now they feel humungous :shock: (am hoping the sexing will be really obvious today then)!

Spuds Mum
04-21-2008, 02:51 AM
Im sure it will, wish I could be there to have a cuddle! Give each and every one an extra squish from me! :D

OOO just thought - will they still be with you at Burghley? Maybe I can get to see them in the flesh after all - oo excited :x

souffle
04-21-2008, 04:16 AM
The grannies say they are lookin' grand as does their real grandad Pawsy :lol:

Yaffle
04-21-2008, 05:39 AM
They really are looking fab!

Hope to see them for cuddles at Burghley :D

Bunsey
04-21-2008, 07:23 AM
awww, so lovely and teeny tiny :D

i love the satin cream roans and the sable boys :D

Holly
04-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks guys, I've just had them all out again and it really is difficult to be sure of the sexes of some of them - some are obvious, some aren't. I'm going to stop trying to look for a couple of days and hopefully it will get easier.

The obvious ones are one of the Sable Roans (girl and definitely staying with me), Matty's Cream boy, one of the Satin Creams (definitely a girl), one of the Sables (boy) and Runty (definitely a girl).

The ones I'm not sure about are both Cream Roans, one Sable, one Sable Roan and one Cream Satin. I felt sure yesterday but today it's harder :?

I'm slightly concerned about Runty - she seems lively enough and is definitely eating, she's often first to the food tray - but she's very small and looks a bit of a funny colour :(

Louby
04-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Just had a look at the new pics on your site....awwwwwww!!!!!

I really can't wait till Blenheim! :D

Any close ups of my beautiful little girlie will be gratefully recieved! :wink:

Holly
04-21-2008, 01:18 PM
I'll do my best, Louby - she's in quite a few but most close ups are from above as none of them will sit still on our hands yet!

Basia
04-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Brilliant photos of both litters. Aren't they coming along well now. I can see a gorgeous cream roan in there. :D

Spuds Mum
04-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Fantastic pics Holly - lovely litter :x

Louby
04-21-2008, 01:33 PM
I'll do my best, Louby - she's in quite a few but most close ups are from above as none of them will sit still on our hands yet!

Thankyou...no pressure, honestly, but if you do get the chance, it would be lovely to see her. :D

I have been cuddling Cupcake and Alvin tonight, and Cupcake is sooo placid...just sits in your hand and looks at you. Alvin is tame as anything, but he is not one for sitting still....he is constantly wanting to go and explore! Hand to hand??? Its more of a workout for me!

I wonder how our little newbie will be?

Holly
04-25-2008, 04:32 AM
Welll.....quick update!

I'm now 99.9% sure of the sexes of these babies - we have only four females in the litter (both Sable Roans (staying here), one Satin BEC (going to Louby) and Runty, also a Satin BEC, or supposed to be and staying with us.

The Smarterones are all boys as well :shock: .

Unfortunately that does mean that a couple of people wanting girls (a normal BEC and a Sable) from these litters have been disappointed which is a real shame (I'm sad 'cos I know they are both brilliant homes). I'm hoping to rectify that with a little Minnie litter ASAP. Will is also keeping a Cream Roan Satin - he wanted a female but he's ok with a male, they are both very cute and we love 'em anyway - just need to change our plans slightly! One of the Sables is ELC's and Matty gets the BEC normal boy.

Otherwise they seem to be doing really well, growing like mad and getting quite tame - I think beiong handled by quite a few people helps with that, they are quite well "socialised" already :wink:

I'll post more piccies tonight, I'm brain dead from a 2 am work finish just now :?

Matty Day
04-25-2008, 07:02 AM
glad to hear there coming on well shame about the fact that a few people had to be dispointed

in some ways a boy can work out better than a girl thougth as you can breed him any time during his life without restrictoin :x

i cant wait to pick up my boy i just hope all of my current litter have homes before then thougth :x