PDA

View Full Version : how do i find sensible breeders in my area ?

minkymagicmouse
07-13-2012, 12:44 AM
im wondering how to find some one who breads hamsters properly so i know that the hamster will be as best as it can be, i dont know what a pedigree is or any thing so wouldnt really need that sort just some one who breads them responsibly who knows ins out etc, so that when i want to choose another i can buy knowing its history knowing its not going to have any issues from ether the parents being over bread or put to gather wrong etc.

i havent a clue were or how to start looking , im in norfolk in the UK.

im considering at some point getting a second little one.

Silver
07-13-2012, 01:08 AM
Hello Minky,

The best health wise hamsters to own are the National Hamster Council Breeders hamsters. They are bred for health & temperment.

You would be looking in the Southern section of the hamster club which has a website

Southernhamsterclub.

Would it be a Syrian or a Dwarf hamster you are looking for?. The nearest would be Tufty fluff hamsters Home - Tuftyfluff Hamsters (http://tuftyfluffhamsters.webs.com/) The website is not up to date but there is a contact me page. Sue breeds Syrians/campbell's/Winter Whites.

Then there is Mel at Wellington hamsters she breeds Campbell's/Winter Whites & the odd litter of Chinese. Again the website is not up to date Our New Hamsters - Wellington Hamsters (http://www.freewebs.com/wellingtonhamsters/ournewhamsters.htm)

If they are not near enough you could pay for a pet courier to collect a hamster for you or there is the hamster show in Peterbourgh in October where there will be hamsters for sale

Silver xxx

minkymagicmouse
07-13-2012, 11:04 AM
oh thank you so so so so so so so much thats a massive help thank you :D i really appreciate that thank you.

oh brilliant i hope to take minky to the show too :D

from Minky xxx

Silver
07-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Your more than welcome

Silver xxx

purple_x
07-15-2012, 02:54 AM
I was in contact with Mel from Wellington hamsters, was going to get a pair of blacks but I emailed her last week and haven't heard anything since :(
I hope she's just busy and will get back to me soon.

Silver
07-15-2012, 04:06 AM
I would say she is busy Purple. If the hams are not yet ready for new homes she will probably wait until they are old enough. I know she had some black's in the nest & she told me most were only two weeks old 11 days ago.

Wait until they will be 5 weeks then if you have not heard anything from her email again. Just did some adding up & they will be around 5 weeks old on the 25th of July.

Silver xxx

purple_x
07-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Thanks Silver.
I didn't want to bombard Mel with emails and just hoped she would be busy with the new hams.....I'll email her again closer to the 25th :)

I just get a little kinda worried because I have been let down soooo many times by people saying they have dwarfies I can buy/adopt and everything always falls through :( I just want something to go right so I cant have some more hams.

Silver
07-15-2012, 06:13 AM
I hope it goes right for you this time too Purple.

Fingers crossed

Silver xxx

hbrh94
12-02-2013, 05:22 AM
I'm desperate for a long haired syrian hamster, I'm in great yarmouth, norfolk too, just not having any luck finding one around here! :(

Vectis Hamstery
12-02-2013, 12:35 PM
There are a couple of newer hamsteries around Cambridge - Norwood Ham-Stars and Grantabrugge Hamstery. They do syrians and may have longhaired :) They are probably your closest with the ones Silver mentioned the next nearest.

hbrh94
12-03-2013, 05:43 AM
I managed to find some less than 5 miles away! Go to see them thursday, can't wait! :D

empire11
12-24-2013, 07:09 AM
awwww cute!