PDA

View Full Version : Hamster holiday home needed - help finding one

wowzer22
07-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Hi all

Im looking for somewhere to board my hamster for 8 days in August - have been looking for a while now and everywhere seems to be fully booked up or doesn't accept hamsters? (even though they say small animal boarding)

Anyone got any suggestions or recommendations?

Im in the Orpington in Kent area

Karen

HorseyMandz
07-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Ask friends who have small animals? A friend of mine has gerbils + an elderly guinea pig and used to have a hamster so Min's probably going to her.

kyrilliondaemon
07-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Theres a thread here somewhere where loads of us have offered our services for petsitting if forum members need it :)

purple_x
07-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm in south Cambs (about an hour from Kent) if you get stuck.
Have plenty of space for a holiday hammy.

Lougarry
07-11-2012, 12:03 PM
When in August? I'm away myself at the beginning but could have a house guest later on if it helps? I'm in Essex but could meet halfway - at Dartford, say.

Gamina
07-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Have a look on the board in the holiday homes section is what I suggest. I have looked after several hamsters from another board and two from this board. We looked after a lovely ladies hamsters for about 4 months when her and her partner went to NZ, she had to take a taxi to get to us but it worked out cheaper than boarding her with a place they were looking at.

Its also good to know your hamster is with someone who knows hamsters and tho talk through any bad things that could happen. One of her hamsters passed on when she was with us from old age (she was nearly 3) and it was horrible but we had planned for such an ultimate disaster with a vet fund in place and had even spoken about what the owner wanted to happen. Sounds very morbid and expecting the worst but trust me it can save a lot of heart ache if those type of things are set before hand.

wowzer22
08-01-2012, 02:16 PM
problem solved - FINALLY found a local hamster owner who also looks after other small pets!

Could someone point me in the right direction of the holiday home thread that a couple of people mentioned as I might need it in the future?

Oooh and thank you all for your suggestions

Karen

HorseyMandz
08-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Here you are, it's a sticky in Hamster Chat- http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/hamster-chat/2426-holiday-hamster-sitters-list.html