PDA

View Full Version : Syrian hamster rescue

Arraminta
07-06-2012, 09:47 AM
I would like to become a rescue person for hamsters in my area and was wondering if anyone could let me know the epway I would go about starting this.

I have 4 spare cages waiting

Thanks for any help/advice

Arraminta x

minkymagicmouse
07-06-2012, 09:49 AM
id like to help look after unwanted hamsters too, but also have no idea how

sully
07-06-2012, 10:59 AM
I know 3 rescue ladies whom ive had some from and also scan the free ads for unwanted hams in my area. I have had 9 since last October i could have easily got more but i think this is my limit atm...
...........unless of course i get asked about a specifically urgent case?

mangoandmimi
07-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Maybe a gumtree ad? That's how i kind of got myself known around here at first, but mind, when people start getting to know you as 'the hamster rescue girl' you start having to turn some hams away :(
I also know 2 other people who take on hamsters, one of which is helping with our latest one.

Sandti
07-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Check the websites like Preloved, gumtree, freeads, pets4homes etc :)

0w0

sully
07-06-2012, 01:49 PM
There were 5 free hamsters in Chelmsford the other day, is that too far!

Arraminta
07-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Oo no sully I will look at that

0w0 santi x

And geat idea mangoandmimi

:0)

Arraminta x

Lougarry
07-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Arraminta, are you still thinking of doing this? There's a 4 month old on the well known site G-----e in Enfield. They are looking for £20 with (unsuitable) cage so possibly negotiable if you don't want it...

Also one in Chingford, who bites.

Yet another one in East London.

I'd PM you the links, but you don't seem to accept PMs...

Arraminta
07-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Oo lg I should accept private messages.. Something may have gone a bit weird..

I will def try to look them up.. Absolutley I have 4 reasonable cages in my loft (good cages just not zoozone2 penthouses) lol... I'll try and pm yu and then see if you can reply as the links would be useful...

Hope all is good with you :0)

Minty x

Plus.. A hamster that bites isnt a problem!! The formidable cinnamon is a 300g attitude problem!! Im Curing her cage rage whichnis nearly sorted and haven't suffered from her signature move which is a flying ninja bite attack for a while so she could be mellowing

Lougarry
07-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks for that, Minty - have now replied with links :)

RockinHammies
07-27-2012, 02:18 PM
very interesting thread - would love to think about doing a hamster rescue myself. how would you go about getting on petfinder or something to adopt the hamsters back out again? Does anyone actually do this now? How much do you charge as an adoption fee and do you adopt out with the cage etc as well? This is so interesting. I've fostered dogs before, but hamsters may be a bit easier for us :)

Younr017
07-27-2012, 03:42 PM
I to think this is a very intresting field that I'd be interested in looking into at some point