PDA

View Full Version : Screaming Robo's?!

Yaffle
04-02-2008, 05:53 AM
Hi all,

Finally caved in and got a pair of female robo's on Monday :D

They're called Itsy and Bitsy and they're both Husky faced, gorgeous little things. Itsy is a little smaller so it's pretty easy to tell them apart.

The only thing is, every time I handle them they scream!

Is this noise just a stress thing like in Syrians? Will it calm down the more they get used to me, or have I just got a pair of very vocal ladies?! :lol:

Hoping to post pics soon btw :D

nooboo
04-02-2008, 06:22 AM
is it manic sqweeking like a dog with a tiny sqweeky ball.....

then its just fear...they are nervous and so vocal...just like a young kid screaming and shouting you need to just try and ignor it and handle them, soon they will learn there is nothing wrong with it

must say its unusual for a robo to be like that, i only had one screamer..who we named shrike, no others have been vocal, still she was female maybe they are more vocal :P

Tammy22
04-02-2008, 06:22 AM
Hiya,

some Roborovskis do tend to be quite timid and part of this is them screaming or squeeking - it's quite normal for Robo's.

Most of mine have got used to being picked up and they no longet protest, but i have had some that just refuse to enjoy being handled - they much preferred being left to do their own thing and sprinting up and down the tank!

I wouldnt worry about it, they are still pretty new too, so they are probably still getting used to their new home and probably still getting used to you too!

Good Luck with them :)

Kind Regards,

Tammy x