PDA

View Full Version : waiting for my new boys to arrive...

vnewman236
04-01-2008, 03:38 PM
All going well I am adopting three Robo boys. Was shopping today for bits and pieces, but would appreciate any ideas for furnishings as i've never kept these guys before (only syrians). Got a coconut house and a grass house (will get a third house too) and some playstix, decided against a food bowl as I read this can cause fighting. Was going to get a hamster wooden playground thing but it came with glue to put it together which worried me so didn't. Planning to get a wheel and a flying saucer (but they were out of stock :roll: ) I'm not very creative so please help with ideas!!

Thanks x

PinkEmily
04-02-2008, 02:52 AM
The smaller silent spiners are the best, buy two though as they can only fit one robo in. Also flying saucers are fab, my girls love theirs, even when they try and stop and fly off it :x They like things that they can hide in and climb up too. Hope this helps

Yaffle
04-02-2008, 05:44 AM
I got a lovely pair of female robo's on Monday and they love their flying saucer so I'd definately recommend one of those :D

Holly
04-02-2008, 09:48 AM
My robo loves tubes buried under the Megazorb in one corner of his cage - like an underground tunnel. You'd need to keep an eye on that with 3 in there (in case they start fighting) but normal hamster tubes are big enough for robos to pass each other in so perhaps they'd be ok.

04-02-2008, 10:26 AM
My three young robo boys have a Chube and they really love it. They often use it to sleep in with all three of them lined up in a little row. I'd definitely get them a little Silent Spinner each as I found two wheels wasn't enough as squabbling starts when everyone wants to be on the wheel at the same time. Since you're getting boys, it might be worth thinking about getting the 6" Silent Spinner as I find my two adult boys prefer that size - it just gives them a little extra room. :wink:

vnewman236
04-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Okay have listened to everyones advice and have bought the following - 2 silient spinners (6"), playstix to make into tunnel/hill, a chube, and a little hollow log thing. Still trying to get a flying saucer (If I cant get one by the time they get here will get another silent spinner).

Also bought chinchilla sand as apparently they like this? Don't know what I'm gonna put it in though?

Along with the 2 little houses I think that should be enough to start?!

Sorry got carried away then....forgot to say a big THANK YOU for the ideas xx

souffle
04-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Sounds like you are all set now. How exciting! You can put the sand in a plastic tray like a flatish mushroom tub or we use a hamster potty for ours. A low pottery dish would be fine too.