PDA

View Full Version : Ta da :) the new bin cages

bizziedogs
06-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi, so as most of you know i was undertaking making bin cages so here they are :

so before i put substrate etc in

poppets cage

poppet

bizziedogs
06-26-2012, 01:58 PM
the red cage on top of the bin cage is what poppet was in when i rescued her, u can see how small it is, my plan is to attach it with tubes to the bin cage to add an extra level will hopefully do this tommoz,

swedes cage......

my plan is to make some shelfs on legs which can be moved around so that i can change the layout, im also going to be buying a large silent spinner for swede but she is only 7 weeks old so not needing one yet

if anyone has any ideas for the layout of for new toys etc let me no as its always welcome xx:mad:

Sandti
06-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Oh my gosh the old one was so tiny!! How could they think it's okay to keep a hamster in something so tiny!!

Kissa
06-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Looking awesome :D

CottonIsACutie
06-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Those look lovely! You must have some pretty happy pets!

Cotton was given to me as a gift in a cage similar to the small red cage.
I made him his bin cage last week and I can literally his happiness in the form of making tunnels :P

Poetgonemad
06-28-2012, 01:20 AM
How did you cut the plastic bin container. I tried everything i could find and nothing would work. I ended up just going out and buying three 20 gallon tanks for my three teddy bears. Buti am really curious about your amazing bin cages

bizziedogs
06-28-2012, 06:26 AM
hey thankyou everyone :) they are really happy :) except poppet the rescue doesnt really want to come out anymore :( working on that thought.

poet... my bf did it he used a drill and made holes in the corners then used a jigsaw to cut it out, to prevent it from splitting u have to go slowly and not apply to much pressure......he tested out different drill bits on the plastic in the middle bit that we were gtting rid of fist to see what was best as he was worried that it would split :) it was good fun and when u get the hang of it it makes so much more sense for cages :) x