PDA

View Full Version : My new possible addition!

Swagdemort
06-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Look at this little guy, isn't he the cutest? :mad: He's a Netherland Dwarf. I'm probably getting him from this rabbit breeder just down the street from me. I say probably, because there's always that little chance that I wont. :rolleyes: Anyway, here's the only picture I have of him, I fell in love when I seen it!

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p597/Swagdemort/MYNEWBABYYYYOMG.jpg

If I do get him, what should his name be? I honestly have no idea, I'm not good with names, haha. :p

Charley101
06-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Oh my gosh! Look at that little fluffy head! My heart has just melted :)

Forgive me for asking but don't rabbits need to be kept in pairs? Or are they okay alone? And name wise, the only name I can think of is Henry as we used to have a rabbit called Henry but I don't know if it suits him :rolleyes:

vanilla-yazoo
06-25-2012, 06:42 PM
rabbits can be kept alone, as long as they have a lot of human interaction, but are better in pairs, it is common to get a male, give him the snip, and either rescue or bring in a female to introduce to the male to bond as a pair.

he is gorgeous!!! x

HadleyHam
06-25-2012, 06:42 PM
I had a Netherland Dwarf and her name was Tiger because she was thought to be a boy, but when I got her from the breeder I decided to make her full name be Tiger Lilly so she could keep Tiger as a nickname.

I think that little bunn looks like a Patches!

gutterglitterxx
06-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Cute overload!

Swagdemort
06-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Oh my gosh! Look at that little fluffy head! My heart has just melted :)

Forgive me for asking but don't rabbits need to be kept in pairs? Or are they okay alone? And name wise, the only name I can think of is Henry as we used to have a rabbit called Henry but I don't know if it suits him :rolleyes:

I'm going to give him the snip, then introduce a female. :mad:

quengpadz
06-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Handsome =)

Poptart
06-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Mr. Fluffy Pants

(What? It looks like he has pants! And he's fluffy! :3 )

bootsboy2
06-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Nugget, Poof, Wittle Ball o' Cute, Itty Bitty, Muffin, Cupcake, Hops, Zippy, Etc

lou1990lou
06-26-2012, 01:40 AM
AWWWW
pics like this make me want a wabbit! But i live in a flat with no outside space so can't :(

Sandti
06-26-2012, 04:12 AM
I fell in love too <3 So CUTE! AND FLUFFY!!

It's so fluffy I'm gonna diiiie!

Lil Miss
06-26-2012, 04:35 AM
hes beautiful, make sure you do your research on the breeder and make sure you know the genetic history behind him

nethies can be prone to dental issues because of their short small mouths, and his colour leads me to think he is from a pet only breeder (there are reasons behind this, he looks like a VM black (or he could be a very very badly marked broken, but the blaze leads me to think VM, but i cant see his other eye) bred to look like a dutch (often refered to as dutch splits by the pet trade) which are un showable and often bred only for their colour (the VM gene is very interesting to work with) but VM and BEW should only be part of a BEW breeding line as if the VM gene gets into your lines it can throw out random spots of white for many many many generations, which makes the animals unshowable, i could go on but will stop)
but make sure you do your research on the breeder :)

im sure he will love it when he gets a friend, is he going to be a house bunny or an outdoor bunny?

Swagdemort
06-26-2012, 05:08 AM
hes beautiful, make sure you do your research on the breeder and make sure you know the genetic history behind him

nethies can be prone to dental issues because of their short small mouths, and his colour leads me to think he is from a pet only breeder (there are reasons behind this, he looks like a VM black (or he could be a very very badly marked broken, but the blaze leads me to think VM, but i cant see his other eye) bred to look like a dutch (often refered to as dutch splits by the pet trade) which are un showable and often bred only for their colour (the VM gene is very interesting to work with) but VM and BEW should only be part of a BEW breeding line as if the VM gene gets into your lines it can throw out random spots of white for many many many generations, which makes the animals unshowable, i could go on but will stop)
but make sure you do your research on the breeder :)

im sure he will love it when he gets a friend, is he going to be a house bunny or an outdoor bunny?

Thank you for all that information! I'm not looking to show him, or breed, since I'm definitely for ready to start either, haha. The breeder was actually reccomened to me from a friend of my moms. I've talked to her and everything, and she seems very good. I've seen her other litters, his parents and grandparents, they're extremely adorable, and have very nice personalities. I've also seen very good reviews online, so that's also a plus. He's gonna be an indoor rabbit. :)

Bekki2308
06-26-2012, 05:16 AM
Good to hear you will be getting him a friend, rabbits should never live alone or with guinea pigs they need a rabbit friend or 2 :-)

C&C cages can make great bases for a house rabbit pair and can easily be made 6ft x2ft for little cost :-)

I <3 rabbits I have 2 females who live as a pair happily in a 5ft x 2ft double tier hutch as their base and a whole indoor room as their run, the only thing that stops me getting more is the injections every year for the two of them is already £108 + £240 for insurance between them per year.

Lil Miss
06-26-2012, 05:45 AM
a better base for an indoor house rabbit is a 48" dog crate, with the door left open, as rabbits are very easy to house train.

you can always add a large puppy pen to the front when you have to go out if you dont think you can trust him not to have a little nibble on things he shouldnt

Cupcake
06-26-2012, 07:18 AM
OMG!!!! That is absolutely the most adorable little critter I have ever seen <3 I am completely in love with him EEEEEKKKK :D

Queen Of The High Teas
06-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Aww hes's adorable! I love Netherlands Dwarfs, their wonderful little bunnies with great personalities!:p

Swagdemort
06-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Sadly, the lady had just emailed me, saying that she's giving him to someone else :(. I don't know where this came from, because we were just discussing him coming to me, but everything happens for reason, right? :-? But thank all of you for all of that information! I definitely want to get a rabbit in the future, and all of this was very useful! :mad:

Lil Miss
06-27-2012, 02:20 AM
awwww what a let down :(

maybe have a look see if you can find any rescues in your area to get your new buns :)

Sandti
06-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Awwww no! D: Why did she decide to do that?

Kissa
06-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Aww, that sucks! I was hoping to see more pics of the cute little guy.