PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know where i can buy suitable mesh?

Call me Alison
06-24-2012, 12:32 PM
hello everyone!!

i was wondering if anybody knows where i can buy a small amount of mesh to make a new lid for my rotastakhamster carrier?

also what size mesh as i have not got a clue!

thank you xxxx

Lougarry
06-24-2012, 12:43 PM
1cm mesh is fine, but I used 6mm to be extra cautious. Any DIY store will stock it. I got a panel from Wickes (garden section), but you can get it from Homebase, Wilkinsons etc. Erin dismantled a bird feeder and used the mesh from that.

Call me Alison
06-24-2012, 12:50 PM
1cm mesh is fine, but I used 6mm to be extra cautious. Any DIY store will stock it. I got a panel from Wickes (garden section), but you can get it from Homebase, Wilkinsons etc. Erin dismantled a bird feeder and used the mesh from that.

thank you!

I'll have a look in my local wilkinsons, i think I'll get 6mm as well. x

RockinHammies
07-16-2012, 07:39 AM
We got the 1/4 inch mesh and we hard a hard time finding it as well. Until we called it hardware cloth, then every store knew what we were talking about. HOpe you found some :)

Charley101
07-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Wickes is the cheapest place I have found :)

6mm Galvanised Mesh Panel 0.6x0.9m - Gates & Metal Railings -Gardens - Wickes (http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/187720)

HorseyMandz
07-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Wickes is best, I got it there and it's cheap and a sensible size :)

Call me Alison
07-16-2012, 08:29 AM
thanks everyone, i still haven't got around to getting the mesh, the wilkos by me is rubbish!! so will try wickes xxx

Mona's Humans
07-16-2012, 08:31 AM
is it just for the top of a rotastack carrier, i.e about an envelope sized piece you need?

I ask because i may have an off cut in the shed (can't promise) but if it is just a small bit you need i'll happily have a look to see if i can find it for you?

Call me Alison
07-16-2012, 10:10 AM
is it just for the top of a rotastack carrier, i.e about an envelope sized piece you need?

I ask because i may have an off cut in the shed (can't promise) but if it is just a small bit you need i'll happily have a look to see if i can find it for you?

it is the envelope bit!!

thank you so much if you can find it!!

I'll gladly pay you the p+p xxx