PDA

View Full Version : Stupid hamster toy!

Emma
06-14-2005, 09:47 AM
I was feeling all silly about Alfie today so I decided to spend money on him and buy him a new toy for his cage, so I picked up a Hagen Woodworks Playground Slide. I've had wooden toys from this same company in the past and they've been fine.....but this is cr*p!!! The little pegs to attach the ramp/slide to the main bit are stuck in at angles so they don't slide together easily, and one broke off when I was trying to fit it together!! One ramp had dried glue all over the pegs so there's no way they'd fit into the holes.

Bah, I knew I was right not buying toys!!! Alfie's just as happy with his boxes, loo rolls and jars and things, they were free and they work!!!

I'm taking this thing back to the shop tomorrow.

pophammy
06-15-2005, 08:40 AM
We've had one of those too. We did manage to stick it together eventually but had to whittle bits off it to get it to fit. Mind you the hams do like it so it was worth it!

babyboos
06-15-2005, 04:53 PM
One of my Roborovski Dwarf colonies has this slide and it is great - they adore it - in and out, up and down all day long, especially when I put millet in it :?

I must have been lucky as mine went together fine. but I only have the one as they are getting quite expensive and only now available in Pets at Home :twisted:

Emma
06-16-2005, 02:27 AM
I've got an older version of this that I've had for years which is only one cube not the double cube, and that's been fine and served several hamsters well (being washed in between of course!)

My boyfriends going to have another go at putting it together - gives him a chance to use his tools, bless.