PDA

View Full Version : I got her and her name is...

browner93
03-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Hey i got her and her name is...

Ebony:D I hope you all like her!

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/browner1993/DSC00177.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/browner1993/DSC00176-1.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/browner1993/DSC00173-2.jpg

Josh:D

Bunsey
03-29-2008, 09:13 AM
she's beautiful. i was going to call a hamser ebony recently :)

browner93
03-29-2008, 09:15 AM
shes only called Ebony becuase i was listening so some rubbish catching song when i put he rin her cage and it keped sayin ebony so i called her it lol

Matty Day
03-29-2008, 09:17 AM
just out of intrest did she come from cadbury garden centre :?:

as the duna fun is sold there :x

nice ham thougth :wink:

browner93
03-29-2008, 09:30 AM
no she cam from the worlds worst shop! P@H lol
i got my mice form there and now they died i thout i would add it to her cage :D

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/browner1993/DSC00170.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/browner1993/DSC00171.jpg

Spuds Mum
03-29-2008, 09:31 AM
oh Ebony is very beautiful. I love grey hamsters and have one of my own, Grey-ham Norton. I'm not sure which grey Ebony is though browner, she could be either dark, light or silver grey. I think it might be light grey, but maybe someone with more experience will be able to confirm that. I'm sure she will be a wonderful pet for you.

I see she is in the tanl with a Duna shelf - clever! :D

Matty Day
03-29-2008, 09:33 AM
i think i know the one is is the one on the bath road. last time i was in there four people were complaining that they had bought pregnant hamsters :?

sammys/mum
03-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Oh she's gorgous! Do you know what colouring she has? It looks really unusual!

browner93
03-29-2008, 09:47 AM
thats why i got her cose she looks unusel i do mind if she is prenant lol i do no think she is and if she was i would complain just for the fun of it lol can any one give a ruf idear how old she is? she was in with a nuver female hammy i looked at them both lol
beacuse she is so nice i would love to breed her but shes a P@H hamster so it might be a bad idear!

no it is not it is the one in filton!
Bristol Filton
Unit 2
Abbey Wood Retail Park
Station Road
Filton
Bristol
Avon
BS12 7JW

Tel: 01179 799071
Fax: 0870 336 0781

Matty Day
03-29-2008, 09:50 AM
you could breed her but i would try and get a male of a breeder just because you'll know the gentics of your boys and could avoid anything which could cause a defect :wink:

as a few other breeders on this forum have breed p@h hams :x

browner93
03-29-2008, 09:54 AM
yes i a gree how old do you all think she is?
is there any sryian breeders neer me?

Matty Day
03-29-2008, 10:01 AM
only me im afraid and im not having a litter to december im afraid to late for he and mine will be all creams anyway looking at my show standards book she could be light grey, beige or blondy she is an agouti thougth or she could be non standard we need someone with moreexpereince than myself.. however if you go to the north somerset show there are some breeders on here who go to shows and if you make arangements now or soon you could pick your boy up at a show :x

suga
03-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Josh she is lovely - I like what you did by the way with her house :-)

PinkEmily
03-29-2008, 10:05 AM
haha my new family member was called Ebony, she now has no name (for the moment)

Shes a cutie!!

browner93
03-29-2008, 10:07 AM
thanks

so were an when is th show and how much do they normaly chrge for a hammy?

I_am_plankton
03-29-2008, 10:37 AM
only me im afraid and im not having a litter to december im afraid to late for he and mine will be all creams anyway looking at my show standards book she could be light grey, beige or blondy she is an agouti thougth or she could be non standard we need someone with moreexpereince than myself.. however if you go to the north somerset show there are some breeders on here who go to shows and if you make arangements now or soon you could pick your boy up at a show :x

Matty I don't think it is a good idea to encourage someone who has never bred before to breed a petshop hamster!! Sorry that is quite a serious mistake in my book.

Josh she is lovely, but please don't think about breeding her, she is lovely like my Rue who is a grey mix who is also a cream carrier because of her colours, but I would never have bred her because she is such a mix.

Matty Day
03-29-2008, 10:42 AM
well i knew that josh was thinking of breeding anway sorry i shoyld have put in if you know all the risks etc josh if you do want to start breeding read theese first :x

http://www.hamstercentral.com/info.php?category=5

Gust0o
03-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Exactly - thankfully we have a fantastic section on breeding, because there's a lot to consider.

Obviously, you're free to make up your own minds, but I'm inclined to agree with Plankton - the pedigree of shop-bought hamsters is such a mixed bag, with many of the risks of inbreeding, that you can often end-up compounding latent problems despite the best of intentions.

Josh, I would have a look through that link :)

browner93
03-29-2008, 10:59 AM
i will not breed her i will wait untill i i am olde and bye a pure sliver greys!

Matty Day
03-29-2008, 11:05 AM
i will not breed her i will wait untill i i am olde and bye a pure sliver greys!

that would be the best thing sorry josh i thought she was a biege or somthing my fault :roll:
amd if you ever do consider breeding learn the pairs to avoid risks etc !!!

i said that plankkton because i would give every ham i own 1 run in a show and if they were a good show ham and had good health and temprament etc. if i did get a winning pet shop i would breed him or her but only to a hamster who i knew his or hers gentic history :wink:and i wouldnt do this with campbell or ww

Spuds Mum
03-29-2008, 12:22 PM

Josh I think that is so sensible of you :D I would take my time to enjoy Ebony as the beautiful and unique girl that she is, and during that time think about where you want to go in the future as regards hamster keeping and breeding. Just talking on here and reading up will prepare you for lots of aspects of hamster keeping, and not only breeding, and will help you enjoy Ebony and hopefully keep her healthy and happy. :D

If when you are older, it seems the right thing to do and you have your families support then you could talk to a breeder about possibilities.

You should be proud of yourself Josh for making such a mature decision :D

souffle
03-29-2008, 02:42 PM
She is adorable Josh. I absolutly agree with spud's mum and admire you for making the decision to enjoy her for herself and wait for the right time to make the decision to breed if you so choose in the future. Sometimes it is hard to go on a forum like this and see everyone having babies and talking about litters but really most of us just have the very occasional litter if any, and enjoy our hammies as the wonderful pets they are. Remember Josh even if you do want to show, only one hammy can win best in show and if you only have one hammy you can still be that winner. Regardless of that you always own the best hammy anyway. Best in your eyes and first place in your heart :lol:

browner93
03-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks i been told a am muture for a 14yr old :D

agatecrystal
03-29-2008, 02:47 PM
shes really pretty. Im jealous now lol. Love the name ebony my sister used to have one called that.

browner93
03-29-2008, 02:53 PM
thanks she is the 1st hamster i havehad that looks unsual

browner93
03-29-2008, 02:54 PM
She is adorable Josh. I absolutly agree with spud's mum and admire you for making the decision to enjoy her for herself and wait for the right time to make the decision to breed if you so choose in the future. Sometimes it is hard to go on a forum like this and see everyone having babies and talking about litters but really most of us just have the very occasional litter if any, and enjoy our hammies as the wonderful pets they are. Remember Josh even if you do want to show, only one hammy can win best in show and if you only have one hammy you can still be that winner. Regardless of that you always own the best hammy anyway. Best in your eyes and first place in your heart :lol:

i now have two hamsters lol but bean is 2 in may!

Holly
03-29-2008, 03:20 PM
She is a stunner, I love greys of all hues (what am I talking about I love hamsters of all hues :oops: ). But she is gorgeous - hope she's as gentle and laid back as our Silver -Grey, Mocha. Lovely name too 8)

browner93
03-29-2008, 03:23 PM
umm she is very very active i have not tryed holding her yet lol
she has not food due to the people said to provent wet tail do not give her food for the 1st 24 hour is that right?

Mollz
03-29-2008, 03:25 PM
umm she is very very active i have not tryed holding her yet lol
she has not food due to the people said to provent wet tail do not give her food for the 1st 24 hour is that right?

She should be having dried hamster mix really as it is not right to deprive them of ood. However it is best to avoid fresh food (e.g. fruit and veg) for a while.

Spuds Mum
03-29-2008, 03:27 PM
did you buy some P@H food Josh? If so, then I imagine that is what she will have been fed on and you should be fine giving her some of the dry mix. I wouldn't give any fresh foods for the first week myself just to make sure she has settled in and doesn't have a dodgy tummy, and then just introduce tiny bits slowly. :D

souffle
03-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Yes you should feed her dried food mix. Small animals must eat very frequently to maintain their body temperature. Let her settle till tomorrow before trying to handle her though.

browner93
03-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Oh s**t i going to put soem in now yes i got some because of my other hamster:D

Matty Day
03-29-2008, 04:09 PM
josh i would take that newspaper out of the tank thats toxic to a ham you know :idea:

browner93
03-29-2008, 04:17 PM
shoot my self i did not no!

Matty Day
03-29-2008, 04:21 PM
dont worry we all make mistakes try giving her some toilet paper :wink:

browner93
03-29-2008, 04:23 PM
will do!
i have a quetion how do u tame a hamster that run fat and jumps?

sarahh
03-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi ya I am new here and wanted to help you out about taming your hamster. Some hamsters are on the go all the time and do not sit still for long we have one of these and we have to be as quick as he is. With regards to jumping I would sit on the floor with your hamster so that when he/she jumps they do not hurt themselves. It might be worth letting yor hamster have a roll about in his ball for a short period before you handle him/her and see if that helps.

Sarah x

souffle
03-29-2008, 05:18 PM
You just need to pretend she is a brand new baby hamster and be kind and patient, calm and persistant.
Have a look here
http://www.hamstercentral.com/user.php? ... ticle&a=44 (http://www.hamstercentral.com/user.php?action=viewArticle&a=44)
Newspaper can contain dyes whuch can be harmful and can stain your hammies lovely coat so some plain white loo roll ripped up, or kitchen roll is best.

browner93
03-29-2008, 05:51 PM
i have now got bog-roll and i held her and she jumped once and i caught her again but she was getin better lol
she will not sleep in her bed only her wheel duh!

browner93
03-30-2008, 12:25 PM
i was holding her today and she was fine but just befor i was going to put her back she bit me lol sod