PDA

View Full Version : chinese help please!

browner93
03-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Hey
my cusen got a male chinese hamster and he had to seperate them due to fighting and they have been apart for a while now and one with one its fur looks ruffled and he is screaming in the middle of the night.
if you could reply ASAP

Thanks
Josh:D

Matty Day
03-28-2008, 09:27 AM
one very simple answer to this questoin. get the screaming one down the vet asap :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

he could have sustained a very nasty injury :(

souffle
03-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Arw they separate mow? If not they should be and as Matty says the screaming animal should be seen by a vet. If they are together he may be screaming from fear of the other or being attacked or fighting so they need individual cages for keeps now. Check both for wounds and have any injuries seen by a vet if they look swollen, pus filled or red as they are likely infected.

browner93
03-28-2008, 12:26 PM
they have been seperated due to fighting!
he cheked then and they both look fine!
so confusing i do not no weather it is like a proper hamster scream or like a loudish squeek i am not sure!

Josh:D

Matty Day
03-28-2008, 12:30 PM
my louis my male chinese call to aprodite one of my females but this sounds strange just keep an eye on them check there eating etc. :x

chase
04-12-2008, 08:55 AM
My 1st 2 chinese were girls and 1 attacked the other very badly on it's tummy. They were seperated immediately but injured girl seemed to squeak loudly when she was on own.I am no expert at all but are their houses near each other?
When this happened with mine I 1st thought it was pain but when i placed the injured girl in different room it stopped calling/sqeaking as much.Also the injured girl made a full recovery.
Not sure about ur Chinese but they sometimes make a funny sqeaky nose when handling them if you listen really carefully.