PDA

View Full Version : cream to cream roan

Matty Day
03-27-2008, 06:43 AM
just tthought id ask what woul i get with this pairing might be somthing to consider :x

Holly
03-27-2008, 06:45 AM
If neither of them carry any other compatible recessive genes you should just get Creams and Creams Roans - I think!

Mollz
03-27-2008, 08:04 AM
If neither of them carry any other compatible recessive genes you should just get Creams and Creams Roans - I think!

Yep, just creams and cream roans (unless they both carry the same recessives and then anything can pop up :D ).

Spuds Mum
03-27-2008, 09:16 AM
I guess this is some more forward planning from you Matty! :D

If Molly's little girl is the cream roan there is a possibility that she would be carrying cinnamon - I dont know whether I did mention this to Julie, but Princes definitely carries cinnamon, as she had a mink in her previous litter.

So I guess one thing you could say is that you could possibly also get Red Eyed cream/cream roan too, if the male carried cinnamon.

MMM thinking about it I must have mentioned it to Julie as we were talking about possibly getting minks if she mated to Toby.., - I hope I did anyway :?

Matty Day
03-27-2008, 09:28 AM
im gettting a bec cream boy from mollys litter hopefully. im just looking at the possble colours i could mate to with still getting creams :x

i dont idealy want everyone in the same class at shows :x

Bourne Valley Hams
03-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Well if you want a real mixed litter then go with sable.
Sable to cream roan will give you a mix of sables, sable roans, creams and cream roan - and with cinnamon in the mix as well you could also get mink and mink roan.
No guarantee you will get all those colours in one litter though!

Holly
03-27-2008, 10:03 AM
i dont idealy want everyone in the same class at shows :x

Well - you could get a mix of LH and SH Creams and a mix of Satin and normal coats - then they'd all be in a different class.

In the Carapaws litter I had LH normals, LH Satins, SH normals and a SH Satin - all BEC and all different classes! If you wanted something like that you need a SH carrying LH baby from Mollz as Molly's baby from us will definitely be LH.

Matty Day
03-27-2008, 10:10 AM
i think ill look out for that that may be a good idea ill defintly get a lh carreir from who ever i get the girl from

Bunsey
03-27-2008, 01:00 PM
that's what i'm doing - sable carrying cinnie to cream roan.

Matty Day
03-27-2008, 01:02 PM
i am probly going to do cream to cream but i might be tempted to do cream to cream roan next time :x