05-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Mandy passed away at 3.25pm.

Silver xxx

Willow's mummy!
05-28-2012, 08:32 AM
(((Silver)))

fluffymunchkins
05-28-2012, 08:36 AM
I'm so sorry to hear shes gone silver. She was such a loveable nutter and joy to hear about her journey with you.
She lived a very spoilt life full of love and I'm sure shes up there having a ball xx

Mona's Humans
05-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Sorry to hear this silver x

StarlightSerenity
05-28-2012, 09:08 AM
So sorry Silver *massive hugs*

Rest in peace little one x

Charley101
05-28-2012, 09:13 AM
R.I.P Mandy xxx

Womblehands
05-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Rest well Mandy xxx

CoolcatNatNat44
05-28-2012, 10:00 AM
R.I.P Mandyxx

obscura
05-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Aww I'm so sorry :( Rest in peace sweet hammy. <3

PinkPrincess
05-28-2012, 10:16 AM
So sorry for your loss, play well at the bridge Mandy xx

gutterglitterxx
05-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Sleep tight, Mandy. xx

Gizmodo ^_^
05-28-2012, 12:12 PM
I am so sorry to hear this Silver :((
you gave her such a fantastic life, full of love
She was such a little character and i will miss hearing about her <3

Sleep Well Mandy <3

souffle
05-28-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm so very sorry Silver.
She was a friend, a legend, a character and a hamster who touched many hearts. A true heart hamster.
Play well at the bridge Mandy x

Silver
05-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Thank You everyone,

I am in absolute bits. My heart truly broke when I watched her take her last breaths. I have two pure WW's Joe & Jan & after these two I can not have any more. I can't do it.

Silver xxx

souffle
05-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Oh you can Silver because each one makes you heart grow a little bigger so you can hold it there with you when they pass. Your heart never stops having enough space. Part of the price we pay for this love shared is the pain of parting but it is worth it is it not? Mandy will make your heart bigger and there will then be a little space left for a little someone to fill it some day when the time is right. Some little one will need you.
XX

Silver
05-28-2012, 12:35 PM
It was such a hard passing Souffle,

She was not in pain but she couldn't walk, kept rolling over, & those huge spasums as they pass it's just so hard I can't do that again

Silver xxx

Hammielover
05-28-2012, 12:38 PM
I am so sorry for your loss , play well at the bridge Mandy xxxx

souffle
05-28-2012, 02:07 PM
But she didn't feel anything Silver. She was deeply unconcious and the spasms would be because there was lack of oxygen and her systems closing down and letting her spirit go. Sometimes it struggles hard to leave the body sometimes it slips out without much fuss.
It is always your choice but once you have shared a life with an animal it becomes part of your being.
Give it time and see how things go. For now be kind to yourself and let yourself grieve for your loss x *hugs*

Shell
05-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Silver, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sending a huge hug your way

Sleep well dear Mandy x x

Jodzie04
05-28-2012, 02:51 PM
I am so sorry =(
It is so hard to watch them take their last breaths but your hamsters are some of the luckiest alive and Mandy was a very lucky hamster to have you there until the end x

vanilla-yazoo
05-28-2012, 03:00 PM
oh hun, I am really sorry, she has had a lovely life with you, be happy and proud of all your moments and achievements, she was a lovely lady, she is sharing a mealworm with my mishka now over the other side.
I know its really hard now hun, but dont feel down, she wont want you to cry, she would want you to smile x
thinking of you

I know how hard it is silver, I have had two special ones pass in my hands, taking their last breaths with me fighting to save them, and when I saw my litte babys that had left for the next life, I had to have a long think of my breeding, could I continue, could I see that happen again. I know it hurts so much, my dear mishka, when she passed, I couldnt look at a dwarf for a long time, even now, one with red eyes is to much, I was going to home a lovely dove mottled rc, but when it was in front of me, I just couldnt cope.
I now will probably keep a ww here with me, as they have jolly little ways and cuddly for dwarfs, but still nothing to my little angel.
I think, when the time is right, a little one will call to you, and your heart will answer the call, it wont be now, it wont be tomorrow, but one day, a little one will be there for you x

Hammymad
05-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Play well at the bridge little Mandy xxxx

Hugs to you Silver xx

Silver
05-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Thank You Everyone,

Souffle I didn't know she was uncontiouse then. I am greatful she was.

I hope the pain will stop. Mandy was my world

Silver xxx

fluffymunchkins
05-29-2012, 02:17 AM
What your feeling is perfectly understandable silver, we all have that one hamster or even several that mean everything to us. After I lost Porridge I just didn't know how I was going to cope, I couldn't bare the thought of another loss.
But you have to remember that all those happy memories make all the pain worthwhile. Jan and Joe will help you realise just why you started having hamsters in the first place.

Give yourself time, sending a big hug x

HammyWammys
05-29-2012, 02:41 AM
R.I.P mandy, sorry for your loss Hun, xx

Lynternette
05-29-2012, 03:47 AM
I am so, so sorry Silver. It plainly obvious that noone can ever replace her. You need time to grieve and come to terms with her loss. One day I'm sure you will fall in love again and have another little life to care for.

It took two years for me when my cat passed but now I have my Yorkie and my babies. I still can't have a cat though, the memory's still so raw.

Sleep tight Mandy. Play well at the bridge. xxx

Arraminta
05-29-2012, 04:18 AM
(((Silver))) so sorry to hear about Mandy, it is heartbreaking to lose such a special girl. At least her last moments were with you xx play well at the bridge little one x

I know it's heartbreaking and many people dismiss it because it was a hamster.. They don't see how they have their own little personalities and how funny they are. We as good hamster owners rank them as our babies and we love them as much as we would any baby.
As Souffle says, time to grieve and I'm sure there will be some room in your heart for a new one..

Again big hugs
Minty

RachK
05-29-2012, 10:45 AM
It will take time Silver. I still can't look at pictures of Huxley without welling up, but I'm sure it won't be long before that ends. I miss him terribly. Mandy was a special little girl & meant the world to you, it's only natural to feel so sad. Huge hugs xxxx

Pompompoms
05-30-2012, 03:37 PM
So sorry Silver, it really will ease as time passes, and you eventually will be able to accept Mandy's loss. Of course you'll miss her forever, but you will be able to bear it it time. She was a very special girl, four little paw prints are embedded in your heart forever. Play well at the bridge little lady xx

Silver
05-31-2012, 06:22 AM
Thank You All So Very Much.

The loss of her is so incredibly painful. She was my little soul mate

Silver xxx

Hammymad
05-31-2012, 06:44 AM
Thank You All So Very Much.

The loss of her is so incredibly painful. She was my little soul mate

Silver xxx

Awww (((Hugs))) I know what you mean about being your soul mate,it's amazing how deep the bond is between us and them. I know it's cliche but time can be a great healer,and when the pain isn't so raw,you can look back at all the fun times you and Mandy shared.

Take care xxx

Hope
06-01-2012, 04:59 AM
Silver I am so sorry :( It is hard when we have to let them go, its the price we pay for all the happiness they give us in their short lives.

I know its so cliched but time really is a great healer, and one day, when the pain has subsided you will be able to look back and think about her and smile.

Sleep Well little mandy, look after your mummy from up there xxxxx

Silver
06-05-2012, 03:20 AM
I just want to thank every one again.

Thank You for your kind words, understanding & support. I have kept myself busy & uploaded all of her pics & vids 65 pics & 64 vids. All very treasured memorys & a lot more locked in my heart that were not captured.

I had to make a desicion do I carry on with the mix's or do I stop now. I thought long & hard what Mandy would want me to do. The answer is I am carrying on to give all hammy's the chance to try the mix's especially the Hybrid Dwarfs like my beautiful Mandy

Silver xxx

Arraminta
06-05-2012, 03:30 AM
Hi Silver, you will never forget Mandy and she will always be part of your heart.. As time goes by you will find yourself smiling more at the things she did. You will always miss her but I'm sure she would have wanted you to find hammy love again.. It will never be the same but we never love the same people/babies in the same colour! some colours are brighter then others.
She had a fabulous life with you and it's a shame more people don't understand how these tiny little guys can grab a hold of your heart big time.. They all have their own individual personalities. Us hammy lovers know how you feel (well not exactly but you know what I mean).
When I lost Tillifer I was undecided if I was going to get a new girlie and despite her formidable behaviour I am glad that cinnamon is part of my life.
Perhaps your heart just needs some time to mend!
Big hammy hugs
Arraminta x

Perhaps you just need some time to heal!!

essentiallysue
06-05-2012, 05:26 AM
Silver, I am clear over here in America and this thread has caused me to cry. We can all identify with your loss of Mandy. I have often said I can't do it again after going as far to the bridge as I could go with one of my precious little ones. And even now, my bf and family think I should stop having them when these two go. After Halle, I said nothing and didn't go back to the pet store. Maybe a week had gone by and I still said nothing. We were coming home one day after a long ride to the doctor and after we passed the pet shop, he asked me to make a U-turn. I said what for? He said Just do it, so I did. And he took me into the pet shop. There is where I felt Clara Jane calling me and she ran to me.
I have this strange philosophy that their spirit inhabits another hammie and they come back to us. And that may be why some have some of the same traits.
If this is true, Mandy will come back to you in spirit in another little one. You will know when.
In the meantime, please know over and over how much you have helped other hammies by your research and creation of the mixes. I know of no one but you who has done that! Hammies all over the world are benefiting.