PDA

View Full Version : Can't Edit My Posts???

obscura
05-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Why can't I edit some of my posts? I made a thread for pictures of my hamsters, but I decided on a different name for my newest addition and I can't modify the thread to add the new name.

kyrilliondaemon
05-24-2012, 02:56 PM
Theres a time limit. Chances are you waited too long before trying to edit it

obscura
05-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Well that's kinda silly... Is there any way I can delete it then? The title has a completely different name... Lol I don't want the thread if the name isn't what I finally stuck with. I just got the hamster yesterday and went through a whole list of names before I finally decided this morning. :(

kyrilliondaemon
05-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Nope, its permanent. You can ask a mod but the best thing to do is just avoid making permanent threads until you're sure on things.

obscura
05-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Well I would have, had I know i wouldn't be allowed to modify it later. I'm on a lot of forums and all but this one allows post modification :P Who can I ask to change it? I was going to update it regularly with new information. If I can just get someone to remove the text, change the title, and just keep the pictures.

souffle
05-29-2012, 02:20 AM
There is a time limit because in the past we have had people remove comments or posts they have made that break the rules before they can be moderated therefore removing the evidence.
This is common to a lot of forums.