PDA

View Full Version : Banana bread?

Vicki S
05-16-2012, 04:27 AM
I love banana bread and I was wondering if anyone had some good recipes for it and also if I made it can the hammies have some too?

Vicki

StarlightSerenity
05-16-2012, 04:28 AM
Ooo I make banana and walnut bread. I'll post the recipe (it's written in my recipe book, will have to type it) once I've had my coffee :D

Vicki S
05-16-2012, 04:33 AM
That sounds lovely can't wait to here the recipe nothing better than a piece of toasted banana bread with jam and a wee cuppa ;)

Vicki

Kissa
05-17-2012, 01:31 AM
... Now I really want to make banana bread :lol: Unfortunately, my mum's recipe is back at home and I'm at uni, so I can't type it out for you.

Vicki S
05-17-2012, 01:43 AM
That's ok and I don't know what made me take the notion for banana bread and sure I will try and google one or something I was just looking for one that someone knew was nice as I always seem to pick the rotten recipes or its my cooking that's bad lol

Vicki

StarlightSerenity
05-17-2012, 05:07 AM
Oops, forgot to post my recipe :oops: Will post it this afternoon, promise!

Kissa
05-17-2012, 09:40 AM
This (http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/8729/easy-banana-cake.aspx) is the recipe I randomly found on the internet and decided to use because it looks like how I remember mum's recipe to be ;) It's currently in the oven, hopefully it will be delicious :D

Vicki S
05-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Oooo thank you I will have to jot that down and try it maybe tomorrow as I have chicken casserole in the oven at the mo let me know if it tastes nice :)

Vicki

Kissa
05-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Well, it's still warm but I had to try some :D Tastes delicious to me!

Vicki S
05-17-2012, 10:43 AM
I will go round to tescos tonight and get the bits and bobs I need to make it and thank you for the recipe :) I love tasting it warm when it's toasted with strawberry jam on it. It's awesome :)

Vicki

Lougarry
05-17-2012, 12:12 PM
The best thing about your recipe, Kissa, is I could make it every day as I always have all the ingredients in the house. Brilliant, thank you :) :)

Kissa
05-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Vicki: It's more cake-y than bread-y so I'm not sure you could put it in the toaster :)

Lougarry: No problem :)

Vicki S
05-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Okies I will make it and see if I can toast it of not I still love banana bread :)

Vicki

Vicki S
05-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Woo I made a loaf and one in a cake tin the one in the cake tin doesn't look burnt so here it is and kissa it tastes awesome :)

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af348/cherrytitch/9f8bf810.jpg

Vicki

Kissa
05-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Ooh, it does look good :)

I suspect my housemates have already eaten the one I made :lol: It was half gone earlier!

Vicki S
05-17-2012, 02:55 PM
One of area is near gone between me my bf,son and the dog scoffing up what dropped by luke

I was even eating the mix lol

Vicki

Kissa
05-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Bizarrely there was still some when I came down for breakfast this morning. Banana bread with breakfast before an exam was the best plan :D

Vicki S
05-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Defo I am now naming banana bread the new Brain food :)

I love it for brekkie with a wee cuppa though mind you I'm starting to dislike tea and coffee again :/

Vicki

Sammybingo
05-18-2012, 03:56 PM
I was quite excited by this thread title as it's something I bake often :) I use this recipe, Banana Bread (http://www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/b/banana_bread.html) although I tweak it each time. I tend to add less sugar, sometimes use a bit of maple syrup instead of milk, throw in blueberries, chocolate chips, chopped walnuts.. whatever I have kicking about. Some crunchy brown sugar sprinkled on the top of the loaf before baking gives it a lovely crunch too.

In fact, I'm making one tomorrow heh :D Wiiiiith Blueberries throw in as I got TONS this week on offer lol.

Glad yours turned out good!

HollyHamster
05-18-2012, 11:31 PM
It seams that everytime I go and make banana bread, something is wrong with it. The last time I made it, which was well over a year ago, I think I might have added baking powder instead of baking soda, or vice versa, depending on what the recipe calls for. It tasted really funny and there is still a loaf of it in the freezer, wrapped in tin foil, that has mysteriously not been touched. :mad:

I like my banana bread warm out of the oven and slathered with butter, all melted into every nook and cranny. That's just the best!! Come to think of it, I have a couple over ripe bananas that are just begging to be made into banana bread. I think I might do that tomorrow. Its too late to do it tonight.

My dear old Grandmother, who has now passed, made all sorts of breads. Walnut bread, banana bread, cranberry bread. She had a freezer chock full of the stuff when we were cleaning out her house after her death, and bizarrely enough, served it at her funeral reception. Grandma was always prepared for any occasion, even her funeral, which her death was most unexpected. :mad:

Vicki S
05-19-2012, 04:37 AM
Sorry to here about your grandmother holly hamster and god love her she was prepared even for the unexpected I'm sure you learnt some awesome recipes off her and it was nice they were served at her funeral

And SammyBingo I'm gonna have to try that one out as well :)

P.s let me know how your banana bread making goes ;)

Vicki