PDA

View Full Version : louis and athenas litter due 21-24 of march

Matty Day
03-17-2008, 03:19 PM
i know that they have not arrived yet but i though i would use this to keep everyone updated on Athena’s progress from now on. :x

She is now at day 14 now look like she has swallowed a golf ball and is exhibiting all the usual pregnant behaviours she is totally different now from her picture look at my avatar
In fact I did a size comparison to her sister and she is way bigger
I fear a big litter
:shock:
i am currently lining up homes for them so if anyone wants one please pm or email me due for rehoming from the fith of may onwards

Bunsey
03-17-2008, 03:58 PM
oooh, very exciting! i'd love one, but i can't at the moment. maybe this time next year

Matty Day
03-17-2008, 03:59 PM
ill put you on the list for next year shall i you will have a choice next year beetween normals and dom spots :x

Spuds Mum
03-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Everything sounds as though it is going well Matty, and hopefully soon you will hear the patter of little chinese hamster feet.
Good luck! :D

browner93
03-17-2008, 05:34 PM
i would love 1 or 2 but not sure if am aloud would you hand tame them from as soon as you can?
and how much are you asking just ive me a pm mate:D

Josh

Matty Day
03-19-2008, 03:46 AM
day 15 now last night when i saw her she looked very big ive had the perfecto in cold water overnight it is drying out at home as we speak as im going to move her tonight and also im going to move her into the living room as no one uses it alls looking good could be any time now form tommorow to sunday :x

Matty Day
03-19-2008, 04:10 AM
i have also deicded toagther all the progrees reports togther and form a diary to compare notes with next years litter :x

Matty Day
03-20-2008, 12:32 AM
well i moved her last night she seems ok she needs to settle down yet and she is still getting bigger :x

Matty Day
03-21-2008, 02:13 PM
she is at eighteen days now she is bigger than ever and has put on weight all round i have a feeling she is going to do better at shows now she has not touched her Harry hamster for a few days now thought she is eating plenty of fresh stuff

i took her box away today as she wasn’t using it she had built a nest underneath I am hoping she gives birth on Sunday rather than Monday as my dad is decorating and he is going to have to use a drill though Athena shouldn’t be to badly affected I have put her in the living room which no one uses and that’s at the far end of the house

Spuds Mum
03-21-2008, 02:17 PM
My Butterbean seemed to really bulk and mature after a litter Matty which has helped her showing I am sure. Good luck for this weekend and hope the stork as well as the Easter Bunny visits your house! :D

Holly
03-23-2008, 02:28 AM
Any news yet, Matt?

Matty Day
03-23-2008, 03:14 AM
well according to my dad who is now sleeping in the living room because he is redecorating his room she hasn’t given birth he said she is still as fat as ever and we can hear no squeaks yet but has been running around drinking and eating and burrowing all night all night but she was running around franticly last night i suspect she is going to give birth tonight and was just making her final preps ive just gone down to change her water bottle and I heard nothing

Do you always hear squeaks all the time ?

in some ways im tempted to set up a tape recorder tonight se if she is ok

and there is no sign of blood stained bedding or the like

souffle
03-23-2008, 04:35 AM
You don't always hear squeaks Matty. A small contented litter can be very quiet and worrying! They usually squeak when mum leaves them to feed and drink. If you sit in the dark and listen just after feeding you can usually hear them :lol: She may have buried them deep muffling any noise. Is she still fat? That is usually the giveaway when they suddenly deflate!

Matty Day
03-23-2008, 05:22 AM
i shall have a listen and a look at her tonight :x

Matty Day
03-23-2008, 07:33 AM
well i got the time of the last sighting and it wass 8.00am and she was stil the same size i have a feeling that they are going to arrive tonight

agatecrystal
03-23-2008, 09:57 AM
gd luck matty.

Moosley
03-23-2008, 10:30 AM
We'll see! After meeting your Chinese at Thame, I am quite taken by them! Might be interested in one or two, would be nice to find an unrelated non pet shop chinese too ;)

Matty Day
03-23-2008, 12:58 PM
well i sneaked down thought i heard a tincy squeack but i cant be sure it wasnt clear enought in my opinoin as my dad is in the same room and is a light sleeper ill get him to keep an ear out :x and she if she is thinner in the morning :x

Matty Day
03-23-2008, 04:14 PM
all quiet on the pup front im afraid. my dad saw her and said she still looked as big as ever im hoping he'll be stired by squeking in the small hours :x

and you wont belive this louis now has his heart set on aprodite they were boath out sniffing the air at the same time im going to lend him out as a stud but im not to let him two time athena with sister :x

Matty Day
03-24-2008, 04:40 AM
she was up ages last night aprently but my dad dint turn the light on to have a look at her :evil: so he is going to do that tonight so well now for sure then :x

souffle
03-25-2008, 09:30 AM
Any sign of the babies yet Matty?

Matty Day
03-25-2008, 11:10 AM
I am glad to say that they are here I put some food in for Athena she came out looking a lot thinner and I heard the squeaks of pups we must just have a small litter.

So congratulations to Louis dad Athena mum and of course Aphrodite auntie

Spuds Mum
03-25-2008, 11:18 AM
ahh congratulations Matty, Athena, Louis and of course Auntie Aphrodite! :wink:

Hope everything goes really well for the litter. Keep us posted :D

Basia
03-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Aw congratulations Matty and Athena & Loui!

Matty Day
03-25-2008, 11:20 AM
well im going to treat them all tonight there all going to get some boiled egg :x

Spuds Mum
03-25-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm sure Mum will appreciate that Matty, she has done some hard work there - they dont call it labour for nothing lol :D

souffle
03-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Many Congratulations Matty and of course Louis and Athena. Hope all goes well and we will be meeting the little ones in a few weeks. :lol:

agatecrystal
03-25-2008, 12:51 PM
congraatulations to you and the new parents! :)

Hanlou
03-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Oohh yay! Congratulations to Athena! :D

Hope all continues to go well for them x

Bunsey
03-25-2008, 03:44 PM
yey! can't wait to see pics of some baby chinese :D

Matty Day
03-26-2008, 06:13 AM
well i just went down stairs to have a look. she has made her nest bigger it is now so hight that it goes up to the first platform of the perfecto :x

i heard pups again as she was tucking into some cheese when i went down :x

i just cant wait until there old enougth to be handled :x

agatecrystal
03-26-2008, 06:18 AM
Lol I would be too. Make sure to post some piccies when they are old enough. :)

Yaffle
03-26-2008, 06:32 AM
I'm looking forward to pics too, don't think I've ever seen a baby chinese before :D

Holly
03-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Congratulations, Matt - how exciting! Keep us posted :wink:

Matty Day
03-26-2008, 05:01 PM
well i went down and i heard them with mum in the nest :x there getting moe vocal as they get older

Matty Day
03-28-2008, 06:45 AM
well there are defintly some there there is always squeking when mum leves the nest she nearly had a whole half boiled egg last night to :shock:

Spuds Mum
03-28-2008, 08:38 AM
That's exciting news Matty, I'm sure Mum will be feeding herself up to make sure she has the energy to deal with her hungry brood :D

And I just love those baby squeaks :x

Matty Day
03-28-2008, 02:24 PM
well ive deiced to get some pics of the outside of the nest as she has built an extermly big nest :x

she has again eaten most of her meat and some broccoli tonight

Matty Day
03-29-2008, 08:47 AM
i went down to check on athena she was out of the nest for a snack and the strange thing i can her some squek but its few and far beetween and only sounds like one pup :roll:
or could there be more :roll:

Bunsey
03-29-2008, 09:18 AM
it may just be that only one pup is squeeking and the others are quiet. in my litters, there was one pup who was bolder than the others.

Matty Day
03-29-2008, 03:46 PM
some exiting news the entrance tunnel in athenas burrow has collapsed on one side the side up against the glass so if shes a protective mum weel she the pups in the tunnel to the exit :x

Spuds Mum
03-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Sorry Matty, your post is a little confusing. Do you mean will she move the pups nearer the exit now part of the nest has collapsed?

If so, :D she may do, but these girls do tend to protect their privacy and she may well just build up the nest/tunnel again. No matter how frustrating it is (and goodness knows I understand how it can be) she will only show them to you when she is good and ready! :roll:

If you mean something else Matty, I'm sorry to have misunderstood. You might find it useful to just check your posts through before submitting it, just to check it really says what you mean it to say. I dont mean to be cheeky, its just that you are likely to get more responses if people can clearly understand what you are saying in your post - a missing word can make all the difference! :D

Matty Day
03-29-2008, 05:04 PM
she built a tunnel up against the glass orignally with bedding in the way to stop people seing the tunnel that bedding has gone now the side get me :wink:

Spuds Mum
03-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Well I bet you will see them soon enough - will they be a week old on Tuesday? You may get a glimpse soon, but as soon as they start coming out of the nest, you'll get all the views you need :x

Matty Day
03-29-2008, 05:13 PM
yep i hope they do start coming out soon im hearing squeks etc. mum is leaving the nest more and more now for food. and i know they are still here as i can somtimes hear them when mums out :x

Matty Day
03-29-2008, 05:17 PM
forgot to add im hearing movement in the nest when mums out now as she let me handle her to day :P i think we will see them in a few days im get the camera ready for when there eyes open thougth :x

Holly
03-30-2008, 02:35 AM
That's very exciting, Matt - can't wait to see them running around :)

Matty Day
03-30-2008, 06:22 AM
well most of her tunnels caved in last night so i think shes going to be busy to night :roll: and shes got her fresh food change tonight to :roll:

Matty Day
03-31-2008, 03:14 PM
well ma another update. I persuaded Athena to walk over a piece of see through plastic tonight two visibly clear dark patches at the front me thinks we only have two in there :roll: she ate another boiled egg and is eating well noise coming from nest when mums out no visual sightings yet there only 6 days old though is it any time soon before they’ll come out? if mums liberal and lets them :roll:

and no sign of bad smell in the cage yet carefresh works a treat :x

Matty Day
04-05-2008, 05:30 AM
well they are running mum ragged she has given up trying to take them back into the nest :x we have at least three but maybe four or 5 :P

Holly
04-05-2008, 06:38 AM
This is the interesting part Matty!

Matty Day
04-05-2008, 08:52 AM
all prevouis estimates have been blown out of the water :shock: when i went down last time we had 5 pups out and two naughty pups who had torn down part of the side of the nest and were up against the glass eating.

Matty Day
04-05-2008, 11:33 AM
they are realy running rings round mum now :x :x :x

so much that she fell asleep outside the nest for a few minutes :lol:

agatecrystal
04-05-2008, 11:54 AM
aww bless her. Sounds like she is being a good mum. I bet all the waiting has finally paid off!

Spuds Mum
04-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Do you mean you have 5 or 7 in total Matty? Either way that is a good number, you must be doing things right :x (as must Louis of course :oops: :wink: )

Sio happy to hear they are doing well - you must be delighted with yourself! :D

souffle
04-05-2008, 01:25 PM
So pleased to hear they are doing well and so many too :shock: Do you know the colours yet Matty?

Bunsey
04-05-2008, 01:28 PM
ooh, 7 baby chinesey! i had 7 in both my robo litters.

Matty Day
04-05-2008, 01:36 PM
all normal with godd stripes to :x

agatecrystal
04-05-2008, 01:45 PM
all normal with godd stripes to :x

do u have 5 or 7 matty?

Matty Day
04-05-2008, 01:55 PM
7 i think cant be totally sure yet they havent even got there eyes open yet :x

and there could be 1 more hiding away some were :x

Holly
04-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Souffle gave me a good tip when I had the Carapaws - if you see a certain number when they are all in the nest - double it :wink:

Matty Day
04-05-2008, 03:38 PM
that would be about right there just so interesting to watch as one comes out every literally every minute for food :x

they all seem to be roughly the same size with a few bigger pups and one or to on the small side :x

Basia
04-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Lots of babies then Matty! You will be having a lot of fun when their eyes open and you can start taming them. :D