PDA

View Full Version : WANTED! Your Best Chocolate Cupcake Recipes!

Poptart
05-06-2012, 04:44 PM
My birthday's Thursday and I'm making some cupcakes to bring into my English class.

But I have a problem, I don't have a good chocolate cupcake from scratch recipe! So anyone have a good recipe for me? (If it needs me to melt down some chocolate chips that would be great cause I have an idea for a little decoration to go on top and I need melted chocolate for it haha)

Thanks everyone!

danni02
05-07-2012, 01:22 AM
this is my basic sponge, i use it for everything. it should get you about 12 cupcakes, maybe more depending on how much batter you use per cupcake.

220grams of self raising flour,
220g of caster sugar,
220g of butter,
4 eggs.

beet the eggs and sugar together, a lot. the creamier you make it at the stage the better the batter comes out.
add eggs and beet,
then add the flour, through a siev a bit at a time and fold into the mixture. do not beet!! you will take all the air out and they wont be fluffy.

if you wan chocolate then just add 200g of flour and add 20g of good quality coco powder.
to use up melted choc chips pour it into the batter when its all mixed up and just stir it in gently. this way you will end up with melted choc swirls in your cupcakes.

bake on gas mark 4 for around 30mins. check they are cooked all the way through by poking 1 with a cocktail stick, if it comes out with no batter on it then they are done.

StarlightSerenity
05-07-2012, 03:15 AM
I recently found a recipe for Chocolate cupcakes that I really like. It's a recipe for a cake but I just put the mixture in cupcake cases - Chocolate Easter cake (http://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/c/chocolate_easter_cake1.html) It makes enough for (I think) 18 cupcakes.

If you make the icing for that use half the milk than stated otherwise it's far too runny, certainly if you want to pipe it.

I'd add the melted chocolate in it too, like danni said :D

Poptart
05-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks you guys are awesome! :D