PDA

View Full Version : hello

02-27-2005, 11:57 AM
hello my name is carrie im from illinois. i am new to hamsters have never had one. but i got 2 females for free this past week. i just found this group so thought i would join to learn more about them. thanks.

SnuggleHam
02-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Hello and Welcome Carrie!!

I think you have joined the right forum for being new to hamster and seeking advice. Although there aren’t a huge amount of registered members at this time the ones we do have seem quite knowledgeable including our two moderators.

www.Hamstercentral.com (http://www.Hamstercentral.com) also has a bunch of helpful information you can check out if you have any questions. Do you know what kind of hamsters you have? There are some hamsters that arnt meant to be kept tpgether in cages, I just want to make sure everything is ok there. :)

If you have any questions at all please ask even if they seem stupid or silly. Better to be safe then sorry right!!

Also just curious how you found this forum?

02-27-2005, 01:30 PM
they are in seperate cages that is how they were when we got them so we have left them like that.

babyboos
02-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Greetings Carrie :D

So glad you found us. Are you not just totally bowled over by your new furry friends :?: :oops: :?:

Do they have names yet or are you still looking for inspiration?

In the Hamster Chat Section we have started a thread asking for favourite hamster names so hopefully you will get some suggestions there soon!

Look forward to hearing all about your girls. Where did you get them from? Do you know what species they are yet? Maybe if you could describe them, or even better get hold of a digital camera (we LOVE pictures) we could help you find out.

Any questions please don't be scared to ask, we were all new to hamsters once and even I am still learning something new all the time and I have had the pleasure of their company for over 25 years :!: :? :!: :shock: :!:

SnuggleHam
02-27-2005, 02:35 PM
I see, well that’s good, They must be Syrian then, I think instead of giving a lecture about hamsters I’m just going to refer you to the "hamster care page" http://www.hamstercentral.com/hamstercare.htm so you can get some insight as to general care… As well as the "caging" section that has some important information about proper bedding and other things. http://www.hamstercentral.com/hamsterhome.htm

Hamster Central also has good information about the different species you can get, so you can read up on the type of hammy that you have. Good luck in your research to learn more! I think its great your leaning more…. I’m sure you’ll be a great owner to those hams. :)

Emma
02-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Hi Carrie, welcome to the site and forum. I hope your new girls are settling in well! If you have any questions at all feel free to post them and we'll do our best to help you out.

Are they rescue hammies, do you know their story?

Em x

02-27-2005, 10:50 PM
i got the hamsters from my cousin they didnt want them any more because they were stinking but they just needed there bedding changed. they are doing fine we have played with them a little. we think they are golden hamsters.

babyboos
02-28-2005, 02:28 AM
A good additional way to regular enclosure clean outs to keep smells down it to use a potty. I have started a thread in the Hamster Care Section all about these delightful contraptions, please pop over and have a look when you get a chance :)