PDA

View Full Version : Thame Show - 22nd March

souffle
03-13-2008, 04:30 AM
THE MIDLAND HAMSTER CLUBS
Presents an open show under NHC rules on Easter Saturday 22nd March, 2008
at Thame Country Show, Thame Show Ground, Thame, Herts
Show & Sales entries must be received by 9.00 pm Thursday 20th March.
SHOW SEC.: Mrs C Logsdail 25 High Street, Llandovery, Carmarthenshire, SA20 0PU
Tel: 01550 720127 Email: [email protected]
ALL SALES TO BE BOOKED IN TO: ANDREW BRYAN, SALES MANAGER 0121 440 3449
Please note. No entries will be accepted after this date, except for pets which can be entered on the day and which
should be booked in before 2.00 pm. Please enclose an S.A.E. for return of labels or collect them at the show. Cheques
and Postal Orders should be made payable to the MIDLAND HAMSTER CLUB.
Stock to be benched by 10.00am, judging starts at 10.30 am prompt. Pets judged at 2.00pm.
JUDGE –T.B.A. BOOK STEWARD: T.B.A.
SYRIAN CLASSES (20p per class) DUPLICATE CLASSES (5p per class)
1. S/H Golden m/f 13. Junior m/f (Member to be under 16 years)
2. S/H Cream m/f 14. Novice (Member in 1st year of membership)
3. S/H A.O.C Male 15. Intermediate (Member in 2nd year of membership)
4. S/H A.O.C Female 16. Breeders (Hamster bred by Exhibitor)
5. S/H Patterned m/f 17. Young Stock (Hamster aged 10-16 weeks)
6. S/H Satin m/f 18. Grand Challenge
7. Longhaired White m/f 19. Non Standard (No duplicates allowed) (20p Each)
8. Longhaired Cream m/f
9. Longhaired A.O.C Male 21. PET HAMSTER CLASS (50p each)
10. Longhaired A.O.C Female PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE NO PET RABBIT
11. Longhaired Patterned m/f AND RODENT CLASS AT THIS SHOW AS WE ARE
12. Longhaired Satin m/f IN SAME TENT AS RABBITS AND GUINEA PIGS.
JUDGE: T.B.A. BOOK STEWARD: T.B.A
DWARF CLASSES (20p per class) DUPLICATE CLASSES (5p per class)
D1. Campbell –Normal m/f D9. Junior (Member must be under 16 years old)
D2. Campbell –Albino m/f D10. Novice (Member in 1st year of membership)
D3. Campbell –Agenté m/f D11. Intermediate (Member in 2nd year of membership)
D4. Winter White –Normal m/f D12. Breeders (Hamster bred by Exhibitor)
D5. Winter White –Sapphire m/f D13. Free Membership Class (As per Syrian)
D6. Winter White –Pearl m/f D14. Grand Challenge
D7 Chinese Normal m/f D15. Non Standard (No duplicates) (20p Each)
D8 Chinese Dom Spot m/f
Dwarfs may be shown in Syrian Hire Pens if no Dwarf Hire Pens are available. (Other conditions see below)
Sale of stock: Hamsters must be healthy and over 5 weeks old. No hamster for sale to be over 10 months old. The
seller MUST provide a card giving hamsters date of birth, breeder's name and contact address or telephone number and
a box for their transportation home. A commission of 20% will be deducted for club funds. The Sales Manager has the
right to refuse any stock without giving a reason. Please note only fully paid up members may sell their excess stock at
the show. (Membership may be paid on the day.)
SHOW PENS: Limited number of show pens are available for hire at 50p each (Maximum 5 per membership in first year
and 3 Per membership in second year) Please order with entry and specify Syrian or Dwarf. To be returned clean to the
Show Secretary at the end of the show. You must supply your own shavings or sawdust for Shorthaired and Wood
Based Cat Litter for Longhaired hamsters.
DIRECTIONS: Thame Country Show will be well advertised from all routes approaching Thame. Thame is about 6 miles
from M40 Junction 8A
A dog biscuit (which will be supplied by the club) and a piece of fruit or vegetable MUST be placed in the
show pen before benching.
THE MIDLAND HAMSTER CLUB WILL ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE
THIS SHOW IS WITHIN A PUBLIC SHOW –TO ENSURE FREE ADMISSION PLEASE ARRIVE BEFORE 9.30 AM
PLEASE NOTE THAT VEHICLES PARKED WITHIN SHOW AREA CANNOT BE MOVED BEFORE 6.00 PM

Bunsey
03-13-2008, 04:37 AM
i've sent my entry in :D

does Chris normally send replies, cos i haven't had one in a couple days

Bourne Valley Hams
03-13-2008, 08:02 AM

I'm sure she will soon. Their main computer has died and they are having to cope with just a laptop at the moment.
I think she may be away helping her daughter with the children this week but will no doubt be back at the weekend and start getting things organised for Thame.

Mollz
03-13-2008, 01:01 PM

Oooh, I guess I better put mine in soon too. I have 2 this time (althoug Amelie will only be 10 weeks old, so I'm not expecting too much!) :D

Sue, would you think help would be needed appreciated on either the show day (Saturday) or the first display day (Sunday)? And what kind of thing would it be? Mum is willing to help too.

I'm quite keen on pen stewarding, but don't want to do something wrong and also don't think it is fair to leave mum on her own all day after she has driven me miles to a show - would she be able to help or should it really just be 1 (I do understand if it is). I also don't mind helping on sales (but again am worried about making mistakes) or any other things too as long as I do get to see a little bit of the show, which I'm sure I will.
Chris was on about volunteers sitting with baby hamsters for people to look at/play with on the display - do you think this will actually happen or not? I don't want to bother Chris and Peter if they haven't got a computer at the moment, so thought I would get some advice from you first!

Mollz
03-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Just to let everyone know who is sending entries in for Thame that the email address for Chris (the show sec) is wrong in the first post.
It says :[email protected] instead of: [email protected]
So I would reccommend resending them if you have already sent them in to this address!

Holly
03-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Oops!

Think I'll ring mine through this time.

Mollz
03-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Oops!

Think I'll ring mine through this time.

Yes, I'll see if I get a reply within the next few days and if I do not then I will give Chris a ring. I'm sure she won't mind me checking, especially if they are having computer problems.

Bourne Valley Hams
03-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Sue, would you think help would be needed appreciated on either the show day (Saturday) or the first display day (Sunday)? And what kind of thing would it be? Mum is willing to help too.

I'm quite keen on pen stewarding, but don't want to do something wrong and also don't think it is fair to leave mum on her own all day after she has driven me miles to a show - would she be able to help or should it really just be 1 (I do understand if it is). I also don't mind helping on sales (but again am worried about making mistakes) or any other things too as long as I do get to see a little bit of the show, which I'm sure I will.
Chris was on about volunteers sitting with baby hamsters for people to look at/play with on the display - do you think this will actually happen or not? I don't want to bother Chris and Peter if they haven't got a computer at the moment, so thought I would get some advice from you first!

Yes, please Molly - we can find both you and your mum something useful to do!!
Don't worry about making mistakes, there will always be someone there to help you. You won't have to stay working all day long, we make sure everyone has a chance to go for a wander round the show or just sit and relax.
For your first time pen stewarding you would have someone who knows what they are doing helping you, the same on the sales table - you won't just be left to fend for yourself.
On display days we set up a big play box and the display and sales hamsters get a chance through the day to have a run around in it - always a big draw to the public! Being in charge of that is a great job as you get a chance to sit down next the box and take a break whilst the public coo over the hamsters!!

Mollz
03-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Well we are both happy to help where we can and will be there on the Saturday and the Sunday then.
Do I need to let anybody else know, other than you, that we are coming to help out?

Bunsey
03-16-2008, 12:11 PM
i sent mine to the wrong addy at first, but it bounced straight back so i corrected it :D

Bourne Valley Hams
03-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Well we are both happy to help where we can and will be there on the Saturday and the Sunday then.
Do I need to let anybody else know, other than you, that we are coming to help out?

Pete always likes to have a rough idea who is coming but I will no doubt be speaking to him several times this week!

Yaffle
03-17-2008, 06:45 AM
I'm undecided as to whether or not this show is too far for me, a rational person would say yes, but my rationale goes out the window when it comes to the hams! Who's going?

Spuds Mum
03-17-2008, 06:48 AM
I'm undecided as to whether or not this show is too far for me, a rational person would say yes, but my rationale goes out the window when it comes to the hams! Who's going?

I havent decided either Claire, Julie made a very nice offer of going with her and she would offer a bed for the night, which would give Arti a break, but its Easter weekend. Hmmm will have a think about it :D

Yaffle
03-17-2008, 06:52 AM
Well it's only because it's easter that I'm even considering it as we'll have the long wknd to get over the drive, plus Neil dosn't have any football. I dunno, but will have to decide pretty soon!

Holly
03-17-2008, 08:54 AM
I hope you both decide to go!

Teresa, the offer is still there and we'll be delighted of you join us for the trip but I understand if it's too much especially as it's Easter weekend (Will has turned down going to watch Leicester City in favour of the hamster show - he's definitely hooked :shock: ).

Moosley
03-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Bah, gutted! This will teach me to not register with a club and get organised, i just keep on bloomin procrastinating!

I'd have loved to show some of my boys lol :( I just didnt know I was going to go until yesterday.

I will be there though! Keep an eye out for someone wearing greeny brown loosefitting clothes sloughing around, especially at the sales table because I wont recognise anyone and even if i did, i'd be too scared to make first contact LOL maybe i'll wear a sticker saying ("HC- Moo") LOL

Basia
03-17-2008, 11:09 AM
You've got until Thursday to enter them. You don't have to be a member to enter but you can join on Saturday if you wanted to.

Mollz
03-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Aw I hope you both can come! It will be lovely to see you again (and maybe actually introduce myself properly this time :oops: ).

Who else is coming?

Matty Day
03-17-2008, 11:32 AM
im coming thougth. i must stay away from the sales table paticurly if there is a good dom spot chinese on there or a satin golden or cream syrain :x

Bunsey
03-17-2008, 12:31 PM
everyone stays away from the cream females unless they wish to be bludgened to death :lol:

we're only going because it's easter too, and we can stay over. it's too far for us otherwise.

Holly
03-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Bah, gutted! This will teach me to not register with a club and get organised, i just keep on bloomin procrastinating!

I'd have loved to show some of my boys lol :( I just didnt know I was going to go until yesterday.

Definitely enter them, Moosely - I'd love to see some of those colours in person!

You've got 'til Thursday to enter the main show - I haven't done my entries yet :wink:

Looking forward to seeing everyone :)

Moosley
03-18-2008, 06:36 AM
Ok, I have three males (i think) that I would like to enter however i dont even know where to start :cry: Is anyone willing to talk me through it in PM? :roll: I am stupid I know...

Bunsey
03-18-2008, 07:14 AM
if you post what colours they are it's easy... for example a LH roan would go in the LH patterned class. then you'd want the breeder duplicate class and the novice duplicate class.

so then you say you want to enter one into class 11 and duplicate classes 14 and 16. you might also want to enter grand challenge, but only if you think you'll go to a number of shows in the year or there's no point.

Holly
03-19-2008, 01:26 AM
If you need anymore help, Moosely, PM me their colours/coat types and I'll talk you through it :wink:

souffle
03-19-2008, 01:36 AM
Even if you enter them in the wrong class the judge will reclassify them accordingly so don't worry about mistakes. You could call the secretary and they will help you select the right classes. remember to hire show pens if you will need them. Good luck :lol:

Holly
03-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Moosely, I've got spare show pens as I'm bringing reduced numbers this time - you can borrow if you need them? :wink:

Moosley
03-19-2008, 06:18 AM
Holly, I love you LOL

I actually have 5 boys I'd love to show but three main ones.

All are short haired and male.

2 x Honey
1 x Yellow
1 x Black Eyed Cream
1 x Cinnamon

1 Honey and 1 Cinnamon are the 'im not sure', we bred them ourselves so it would be nice!! It depends on pens...

Yaffle
03-19-2008, 06:28 AM
I've decided that the drive is too far (with a fair amount of persuasion from Neil) so I won't be at this show, hope you all have fun and don't miss me too much :lol:

Mollz
03-19-2008, 10:25 AM
That's a shame Yaffle, it would have been nice to see you.

Has anyone recieved a reply from Chris and Pete about their entries yet? I know they are having computer problems, so will phone them up if they haven't replied by tomorrow.

Re: Parking and entering. Chris and Pete suggested going into the exhibiters' car park. After looking at this map - which one should we go in?
http://www.thameshow.co.uk/map08.pdf
Also, in Souff's first post it says that anyone parked in the show area can't leave before 6. Does this mean the exhibitors' car park?

Thanks!

Holly
03-19-2008, 10:30 AM
I phoned my entries this morning, Mollz and spoke to Chris - I thought it would just be easier if they are experiencing problems with their pc (so I wouldn't be panicking!).

Unfortunately I wanted to ask exactly the same thing about parking and forgot :? ...if you do ring and find anything out could you let me know?

Mollz
03-19-2008, 10:38 AM
I phoned my entries this morning, Mollz and spoke to Chris - I thought it would just be easier if they are experiencing problems with their pc (so I wouldn't be panicking!).

Unfortunately I wanted to ask exactly the same thing about parking and forgot :? ...if you do ring and find anything out could you let me know?

Of course I will. I'll post it on here and pm you just to be sure that you know. I think I will phone, just for peace of mind.

I_am_plankton
03-19-2008, 10:39 AM
I can clarify parking.

Exhibitors go in through a separate entrance, however you can't leave til 6. You are parked close to the tents.

I very often go through exhibitors gate and say I can't stay if I can't and then they let me go in the public car park so I can leave earlier :)

Mollz
03-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Yep he said to park in the exhibitors car park, but we can't leave until 6.

By the way, they have now got the computer up and running and have recieved my entry, so probably have recieved other ones too.

Are you coming Leanne?

Bunsey
03-19-2008, 01:02 PM
i guess if i pull up and say hamster exhibitor then they'll direct me.

I_am_plankton
03-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Unfortunately it's too far Mollz although I would love to be there it's just not feasible :(

Next year I will travelodge it like I have booked for Blenheim

Holly
03-19-2008, 02:57 PM
So - can I go to the exhibitor car park to unload then move my car afterwards (I don't think we can stay 'til six - it's ok for me but I'll need to get the other boys home before that)? Will I need to pay to park or pay to get in if I move the car?

Matty Day
03-20-2008, 12:16 AM
i think ill juyst get dropped of by the gate it seems alot easeir ill only have two hams anway as athena cant come.

is it in doors or some kind of tent?

Bourne Valley Hams
03-20-2008, 01:55 AM
i think ill juyst get dropped of by the gate it seems alot easeir ill only have two hams anway as athena cant come.

is it in doors or some kind of tent?

It is in a big tent Matty. Arrive before 9.30 and you will be able to get into the showground free.

Bourne Valley Hams
03-20-2008, 01:58 AM
So - can I go to the exhibitor car park to unload then move my car afterwards (I don't think we can stay 'til six - it's ok for me but I'll need to get the other boys home before that)? Will I need to pay to park or pay to get in if I move the car?

Before 9.30 cars can be moved around inside the showground for unloading but after that all cars off the showground. If you need to park in the public car park so you can leave early then you need to be walking back through the gate before 9.30 to get in free.

Bourne Valley Hams
03-20-2008, 04:03 AM
**LATEST ANNOUNCEMENT**

In view of the forecast for freezing weather this weekend please also put bedding in with your hamsters and leave it in on the show bench to keep them warm.
It will slow down the judging of course but the welfare of the hamsters comes first and it will be very cold in that tent!!

Chris has gone down with 'the bug' and is not going to make it this weekend so everyone is going to have to pull together and work hard to keep things going.

souffle
03-20-2008, 06:59 AM
That is excellent news that bedding is to be allowed. I would worry about the cold weather. I even worry in halls they are too cold sometimes.

Matty Day
03-20-2008, 07:02 AM
so is it ok to give them some loo roll then :x

Moosley
03-20-2008, 07:14 AM
Well, I got my entries in, I thought I might as well show as many as I can just so it gives me more excuse to hang around and talk to people :oops:

I have no idea what to do when I get there :( or who to talk to or where to put my hamsters etc. I even have to spot Holly to borrow show pens when I dont know what you look like LOL.

I'm making a lable today that says 'HC-Moo' :roll: and might put my name on it so i dont get caled Moo all day LOL

Bunsey
03-20-2008, 07:26 AM
excellent, i wish we could provide bedding all the time. oscar hates sitting on those bare pellets :(

Mollz
03-20-2008, 10:22 AM
That is brilliant news about the bedding - can it be the sort of shredded stuff from p@h or loo-roll? I have both so it doesn't really matter.

I have told Pete that we are willing to help now too Sue.

Bourne Valley Hams
03-20-2008, 10:50 AM
That is brilliant news about the bedding - can it be the sort of shredded stuff from p@h or loo-roll? I have both so it doesn't really matter.

Whatever you would normally use for them. There will no doubt be a real mixture of beddings there - but at least the hammies will be warmer than we will be!

Mollz
03-20-2008, 12:22 PM

Whatever you would normally use for them. There will no doubt be a real mixture of beddings there - but at least the hammies will be warmer than we will be!

I've just got some new thrmal gloves, and am trying to work out how many layers I can get on!

Holly
03-20-2008, 04:17 PM
The local news has just given out a horrendous forecast for heavy snow here on Saturday morning :(

I've been stuck in a car in snow twice before - once when I was five months pregnant near Edinburgh and once in my early twenties when I was stuck in the car for eight hours. Neither are experiences I wish to repeat - especially not with children and animals in the car - so if the snow happens I'll be crying off, I'm really sorry.

Here's hoping for no snow.

Matty Day
03-20-2008, 06:36 PM
well they always get it wrong when it comes to snow thats what im hoping
just out of intrest is it not possible to get some heaters in the tent?

Mollz
03-21-2008, 02:58 AM
I know how you feel Julie. I think we'll be going on Saturday even if it is snowing - however if it is horrendous, we may have to cancel with helping out on Sunday. Here's hoping that the Sun comes out and everything stays clear!

Edit: I've looked at 3 forecasts that say that it will only be light rain in Thame, and one that says it might be snowy - so that is deffinately looking better than it looked yesterday when they were all saying that it would snow!

Bourne Valley Hams
03-21-2008, 04:31 AM
Mark is at the showgound now setting up tables and has suggested that wellies would be a good idea. It looks as though it is going to get rather muddy!

Mollz
03-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Mark is at the showgound now setting up tables and has suggested that wellies would be a good idea. It looks as though it is going to get rather muddy!

Thanks for the warning. Don't have wellies - so it looks like I'll be wearing old shoes. Must be a long weekend for you and Mark if he is already there and setting up. Will you be there on all three days?

Holly
03-21-2008, 09:37 AM
The forecast does look a little better than it did it last night, thank goodness - so I'm working on the assumption that we are coming and digging out our ski clothes!

Moosely, I'll be the one in the lurid green ski jacket :P

I'm still not sure what to do about parking - I'll try to get there early and talk to someone about it, staying until 6 isn't an option as one of the boys needs to be back as his family are going out.

Bourne Valley Hams
03-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Must be a long weekend for you and Mark if he is already there and setting up. Will you be there on all three days?

Yes, it is a very tiring weekend. Mark has just arrived home. All tables and display boards etc are now up and ready. Pete is there now as well and staying over at the travelodge although Chris has stayed at home.
I will be there all 3 days although Mark won't be on Sunday as his mate is motor racing that day and Mark is the race mechanic.

I_am_plankton
03-21-2008, 11:28 AM
The forecast does look a little better than it did it last night, thank goodness - so I'm working on the assumption that we are coming and digging out our ski clothes!

Moosely, I'll be the one in the lurid green ski jacket :P

I'm still not sure what to do about parking - I'll try to get there early and talk to someone about it, staying until 6 isn't an option as one of the boys needs to be back as his family are going out.

Julie if you go through Exhibitors entrance, say you can't stay and they will direct you to the Public parking - they need to know you can't stay so that you can get in for free still. I regularly don't stay and have always done this and they have been fine snce there are other exhibitors for different things who also can't stay for whatever reason

Matty Day
03-21-2008, 12:04 PM
well img oing to bring my heavy duty winter cod fishing flotatoin suit just in case :x

Holly
03-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Unfortunately we are unlikely to make it - Will has arrived back from his 5 day school trip ill (as has Josh) :(

I initially thought it's that they've had very little sleep all week but, after burying Turner and crying his eyes out, he's been laying down all afternoon and complaining of a headache and sore throat :?

Sue - I'm going to email you as well but, if he's any better, I'm going to try and make it to the display on Monday. I really want to get my Megazorb and Finacard as well as being part of the whole thing, it's very disappointing.

Moosely, I've texted you also - I've spoken to Chris about pens for you, she's going to try and put 3 extras in for you, if they don't have enough she'll try and borrow for you - see Pete when you arrive. I'm really sorry to let you down - I thought I might be able to come on my own if my sister could look after Will for me - unfortunately she can't, I've just found out. :?

souffle
03-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Aww poor Will. You can't help illness Holly so I'm sure everyone will understand and it would no do for the lad to stand out in freezing weather all day. Poor Pophammy has come home from a sleepover, snuffling and feeling rotten (typical of the holidays poor thing) and has been lying on the sofa all day cheering herself up on HC. Not handling the hams is hard work though :roll: Hope you both get well soon and enjoy your holidays. Tuck up warm and drink lots and sleep lots.

Bourne Valley Hams
03-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Unfortunately we are unlikely to make it - Will has arrived back from his 5 day school trip ill (as has Josh) :(

I initially thought it's that they've had very little sleep all week but, after burying Turner and crying his eyes out, he's been laying down all afternoon and complaining of a headache and sore throat :?

Sue - I'm going to email you as well but, if he's any better, I'm going to try and make it to the display on Monday. I really want to get my Megazorb and Finacard as well as being part of the whole thing, it's very disappointing.

Moosely, I've texted you also - I've spoken to Chris about pens for you, she's going to try and put 3 extras in for you, if they don't have enough she'll try and borrow for you - see Pete when you arrive. I'm really sorry to let you down - I thought I might be able to come on my own if my sister could look after Will for me - unfortunately she can't, I've just found out. :?

We have just spoken to Pete, Julie, and we will put 3 extra show pens in the car for Gemma. Your Megazorb and Finacard is already in the car so we will take it tomorrow and leave it there incase you do make it at some point over the weekend.
I hope Will feels better soon.

agatecrystal
03-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Good luck to all those of you are going. Im working tomorrow :(

Mollz
03-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Sorry to hear that Will is poorly. I hope he gets better soon. Poor boy, feeling ill and suffering a loss :(

It would be great if you could make it along, however, as the others have said, Will won't want to stand in a field all day if he is feeling poorly.

Sue I'll look out for you or Pete and tell you when we arrive - just tell us what needs doing and we will do it! :)

Holly
03-21-2008, 03:05 PM
We have just spoken to Pete, Julie, and we will put 3 extra show pens in the car for Gemma. Your Megazorb and Finacard is already in the car so we will take it tomorrow and leave it there incase you do make it at some point over the weekend.
I hope Will feels better soon.

That's brilliant, have texted gemma to tell her, thanks Sue :)

Am really hoping to be there Monday, if W is still ill I think my mum can have him. Hope it goes well for you all, I'm so sad to be missing it.

Moosley
03-21-2008, 04:46 PM
I've been rushed off my feet allll day and now so high on caffeine and so anxious i feel sick :roll: :x and cant wait to be freezing myself with you guys!

My housemates nearly murdered me when they got home from work to find the house looking worse than it did when we first moved in! Dont ever move house! Definately dont move house twice in a matter of two months! You lose very important papers LOL.

Housemate found it within 5 minutes of getting home :roll:

Nearly midnight and i finally made it to my parents and my dad (who desperately hates vile smelly rodents) is sitting with Mr Squishy and telling him what beautiful ears and eyes and nose and whiskers and feet and fur and tail (and so on!) he has.

*sits tapping fingers waiting for tomorrow*

Moosley
03-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Oh god its snowing really hard and im not staying that far away :? im scared im making the wrong decision to bring my boys now, they'll freeze! I'LL freeze. Bah!

Yaffle
03-22-2008, 03:50 AM
Good luck at the show everyone, can't wait to hear how you all get on :D

Holly
03-22-2008, 05:07 AM
I hope it's going well and everyone isn't too cold. It's snwing heavily here now and is absolutely bitterly cold with an arctic like wind :? ...hope it's warmer in Thame :shock:

We made the right decision not to come - I was up in the night with a poorly Will and he'd have struggled today I think in a freezing field! Am still hopeful for Monday though - hope it's a bit warmer.

Mollz
03-22-2008, 01:17 PM
I hope it's going well and everyone isn't too cold. It's snwing heavily here now and is absolutely bitterly cold with an arctic like wind :? ...hope it's warmer in Thame :shock:

We made the right decision not to come - I was up in the night with a poorly Will and he'd have struggled today I think in a freezing field! Am still hopeful for Monday though - hope it's a bit warmer.

It wasn't any better there Julie - however I enjoyed myself so it was worth it. Let's hope yo can get there on Monday!

Holly
03-23-2008, 12:47 PM
We are definitely coming tomorrow :) ...Sue, don't know if you will read this but we'll be there!

Holly
03-24-2008, 08:37 AM
Well we made it this morning and got back about an hour ago (as Will still isn't 100% well). I'm really glad we went - it was lovely to see everyone and have a chat (makes me even sadder we missed the main show day :( )

Spuds Mum
03-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Aww I wondered whether you made it, glad Will was up to going, and hope that Will is now resting up.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves, did you manage to resist the sales tables?? :D

Mollz
03-24-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm glad you got there too. Was it just Sue and Pete today or were others helping too?

Glad you enjoyed yourselves, did you manage to resist the sales tables?? :D

Bourne Valley Hams
03-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Finally home and display hammies tucked up safely in their beds - and I shan't be long before I am in mine!! I am absolutely shattered and my feet really ache!!
Thank you so much Molly (and mum, Emma) for all your help yesterday. If you hadn't been there then Pete, Katisha and I would have really struggled on our own. I hope you enjoyed it too and didn't feel that we overworked you!
Today wasn't too bad, Mark was back helping, as were Andrew and Joyce. Still sunshine and snow showers today but not the biting wind we had on Saturday. The showground turned into a quagmire though!
Relatively quiet today but picked up towards the end of the day and late sales were brisk. All Syrian babies sold and quite a few dwarfs too.
Lovely to see you today Julie - glad you finally made it. I won't tell how well(??!!) you resisted the sales table!!

Sue

Spuds Mum
03-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Lovely to see you today Julie - glad you finally made it. I won't tell how well(??!!) you resisted the sales table!!

Sue

Not even a hint??? what a spoilsport you are Sue :P Although I do have to admit to being on the lookout for a good SH golden boy carrying black (or a black boy) and also a good SH cinnamon girl. I think it would break my heart to hear that there were some good ones there! :roll:

Holly
03-24-2008, 11:57 PM
[quote="Bourne Valley Hams":2qik178l]

Sue

Not even a hint??? what a spoilsport you are Sue :P Although I do have to admit to being on the lookout for a good SH golden boy carrying black (or a black boy) and also a good SH cinnamon girl. I think it would break my heart to hear that there were some good ones there! :roll:[/quote:2qik178l]

I can't believe I resisted, Sue - there were some lovely BVH and Towy Vale Syrians there! If they all sold that means the lovely SH Mink boy I fell in love with got a home too.

I didn't see any Cinnies or Goldens there, Teresa (I was looking for you!) except a lovely Umbrous Golden who sold while we were there.

Mollz
03-25-2008, 06:46 AM
Thank you so much Molly (and mum, Emma) for all your help yesterday. If you hadn't been there then Pete, Katisha and I would have really struggled on our own. I hope you enjoyed it too and didn't feel that we overworked you!

It's fine Sue, I just hope we didn't make any big mistakes or end up just getting in the way! I don't see the point in not helping if we have the time, especially when there would have been only the three of you if we hadn't come.
We did enjoy ourselves, and I am far more confident in holding unfamiliar baby hamsters now as well. I'm sure we'll be helping out at another one very soon - and if we are at a show/display and not helping, then please don't be afraid to ask us!

Thank goodness that tiny sable roan finally went to a new home though - I have to admit that I was getting VERY attached to the little chap :wink:

We also hope to pen steward again at a show, it was such a good experience and, not only did we enjoy ourselves, we learnt things too!

Bunsey
03-25-2008, 02:58 PM
i was there on saturday, but i don't know which one was moosley or mollz i'm affraid. we went home early as i was absolutely freezing to death, having only come in thin trousers. i had no idea it would be that muddy or cold. I actually thought there was an indoor place, like at the Stafford county show. There doesn't seem to be a hamster/mouse/rat/pig/rabbit section at this year's show

Mollz
03-26-2008, 03:29 AM
i was there on saturday, but i don't know which one was moosley or mollz i'm affraid. we went home early as i was absolutely freezing to death, having only come in thin trousers. i had no idea it would be that muddy or cold. I actually thought there was an indoor place, like at the Stafford county show. There doesn't seem to be a hamster/mouse/rat/pig/rabbit section at this year's show

Well, me and my mum were pen stewarding and then after that we stood behind the sales table (shivering all the time I might add)!

I didn't even know you were there or I'd have tried to find you.

Moosley
03-26-2008, 06:37 AM
I had my big fluffy blue and white jumper on with wolves on it. I was standing looking at the hamsters for sale all day or peering at my boys in their show pens. You should have said something!!

Bunsey
03-26-2008, 08:19 AM
oh, i know who both of you are now!! i saw you and your mum mollz and i saw moosely too! i thought you were just a member of the public! i wasn't in the tent long, i kept wandering about to keep warm! i was wearing a silly hat which i bought from one of the other tents. i wanted to buy the yellow hamster but we had no money to buy a cage for her as we were in a hotel. :(

Matty Day
03-26-2008, 08:27 AM
you might of seen me to i was wearing a black coat with a hood with a very unsuasul coloured benie hat.

i was behind the sales table and i judged pets :x

Jane
03-26-2008, 08:51 AM
i was behind the sales table and i judged pets :x

Were you not scared of being bitten :lol: :lol:

Matty Day
03-26-2008, 09:42 AM
not realy i have only been bitten badly by a rew syrain before so im scared of them but no other colour :x

Bunsey
03-26-2008, 12:29 PM
i'd be scared of judging pets, too. you never know how tame (or not) the pets are! especially having to dig them out of their beds! :shock:

Matty Day
03-26-2008, 12:55 PM
the only problem i had was with fluffy bedding some poor ham was realy stuck in the stuff though i made sure i added that onto my notes :x

Bunsey
03-26-2008, 01:19 PM
oh yeah, i saw andrew giving a ham some of that white bedding and taking the black fluff out. i hate that stuff! if i was marking pets i'd knock points of for fluff, runged wheels, too small wheels and any other offences! there was a runged wheel in the pets at alcester, but it was such a scrum and no-one knew who belonged to what hamster, so i dunno who the owner was.

Matty Day
03-26-2008, 01:35 PM
oh yeah, i saw andrew giving a ham some of that white bedding and taking the black fluff out. i hate that stuff! if i was marking pets i'd knock points of for fluff, runged wheels, too small wheels and any other offences! there was a runged wheel in the pets at alcester, but it was such a scrum and no-one knew who belonged to what hamster, so i dunno who the owner was.

its hard to tell if that cage is a travel cage that is a big problem for example id be happy using a rotostacck unit as a trave cage but not as a main cage

Bunsey
03-26-2008, 01:42 PM
yeah, i've often entered hams in the pet class in my habitrail and i do worry that people see that and think it's a full time cage that is ok for syrians!