PDA

View Full Version : Colour popularity and availability

Bourne Valley Hams
03-11-2008, 02:01 AM
What about black LH torts?

Sorry to hijack, just thought I'd ask since Spud was in on the act :D

None imminently - but I am working on that!!

Yaffle
03-11-2008, 06:32 AM
Hi Sue,

We had a quick chat at Alcester too. It's a real shame that there are so few cinammons around at the moment. I had a cinammon litter not so long ago, in fact that's where Spuds Mum got little tabasco from, but unfortunatley it was a small litter and their colour hasn't been as vibrant as I would've hoped. I'm definately on the look out for some more cinnies to try and improve my line!

Spuds Mum
03-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Hi Sue,

their colour hasn't been as vibrant as I would've hoped.

Dont listen to her Sue, they were a small but beautifully formed litter! And of course, being long haired their coats do dilute the cinnamon somewhat. But I think thats why I want to breed some gorgeous SH cinnies, because I saw that one on the Midland site (?) and immediately thought (Like Lou and Andy) "Want that one" :D

Gust0o
03-11-2008, 02:22 PM
None imminently - but I am working on that!!

Oooh, let me know when you do - that would be worth defying the wife for! :x

In any case, I'll be blaming Spud for encouraging me! :D [/quote]

Spuds Mum
03-11-2008, 02:29 PM
In any case, I'll be blaming Spud for encouraging me! :D

That's fine, I can cope with the blame. and to be honest, you don't take much encouragement. As long as Al doesn't blame me as well!

Holly
03-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Hi Sue,

their colour hasn't been as vibrant as I would've hoped.

Dont listen to her Sue, they were a small but beautifully formed litter! And of course, being long haired their coats do dilute the cinnamon somewhat.

They also darken as they age don't they - as far as I've read they do anyway? I wouldn't give up on them yet, Yaffle - Tabasco seemed an absolute beauty from what I saw of him.

Sue, while we are on the subject - any:

REC LH's
REC SH's
Dom Spots
Blacks

...expected?
:wink:

Bourne Valley Hams
03-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Sue, while we are on the subject - any:

REC LH's
REC SH's
Dom Spots
Blacks

...expected?
:wink:

Litters already here are sable, sable roan, mink, silver grey, golden, golden umbrous, bec, bec roan, more sable & sable roan, more silver, be white, be ivory and an as yet unknown bunch from a dark grey tort/satin cream mating.
Due this week (maybe) we have bec/rec, gold tort satin/yellow (black on both sides), gold dom spot/gold umbrous (but don't hold your breath as she ate her last litter!), bew/silver and poss more bec/sable roan.

Basia
03-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Will you be bringing any of those babies to Monmouth Sue? I do love my SH goldens I think that is what I would like to concentrate on most for the future.

Gust0o
03-11-2008, 04:48 PM
That's fine, I can cope with the blame. and to be honest, you don't take much encouragement. As long as Al doesn't blame me as well!

Having managed to elbow the crown off one of my molars this morning, she's suitably apologetic!

I'd settle for the £500 to put this thing back on, but I'm guessing it might be a bottle of wine and a nod for me to indulge myself in my rodent pursuit :D

As I'm a divvy (read: "novice"), do you think we could do a Hamster Central colour chart? Some kind of Dulux-esque paint-guide for hamsters? I'm afraid BVH is far ahead of me in RECs, BEWs, et al - though it has inspired my curiosity!

You know what I mean! :)

[One quick edit later - I've found Souffle's article on hamster colouring - but how do all the acronyms fit in?)

Bourne Valley Hams
03-12-2008, 02:25 AM
Will you be bringing any of those babies to Monmouth Sue? I do love my SH goldens I think that is what I would like to concentrate on most for the future.

I'm sure I will be bringing something but it depends what is available at the time!!

Bourne Valley Hams
03-12-2008, 02:28 AM
As I'm a divvy (read: "novice"), do you think we could do a Hamster Central colour chart? Some kind of Dulux-esque paint-guide for hamsters? I'm afraid BVH is far ahead of me in RECs, BEWs, et al - though it has inspired my curiosity!

You know what I mean! :)

[One quick edit later - I've found Souffle's article on hamster colouring - but how do all the acronyms fit in?)

Sorry - I sometimes forget that not everyone knows what I am talking about!!
Think of BE as black eyed and RE as red eyed then add the appropriate colour - eg cream or white!

Gust0o
03-12-2008, 04:03 AM
Right, now I'm getting the hang of it!

Now I'm savvy in the parlance of hamster husbandry, I can add some rigour to my requirements - instead of pointing and saying "That one!" :x

LH Sable Roan
LH Black Tort (or plan Black)
LH BEW

If that makes more sense?

I'm thinking LH is the way to go with my 3rd generation of hamsters :)

Bunsey
03-12-2008, 08:09 AM
i'm still after a LH BEC lady unrelated to my oscar!

Gust0o
03-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Lemme practice:

Long-Haired Black Eyed Cream

Basia
03-12-2008, 09:12 AM

I'm sure I will be bringing something but it depends what is available at the time!!

Good! I have a 'big' birthday a couple of days after Monmouth so I think I am entitled to treat myself to a baby hamster (or two) :D

I_am_plankton
03-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Good! I have a 'big' birthday a couple of days after Monmouth so I think I am entitled to treat myself to a baby hamster (or two) :D

I will definately agree with that Gill after the time you have had lately x