PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Bourne Valley Hams
03-10-2008, 05:57 AM
With the apparent demise of the Hamster Forum I thought I'd come and bug you all here!
I think most of you already know me - or have at least heard of me! :lol:
My name is Sue and I am the Syrian half of the Bourne Valley Hamsters partnership.
I am also the Secretary of the Midland Hamster Club and was, up until it's merge with the Southern Hamster Club, the secretary of the South of England Hamster Club.
I have been keeping and breeding hamsters for about 16 years now and showing for the last 8 years.
I currently have approximately 70 Syrian hamsters and also help my 10 year old daughter Katisha (Disney Hamsters) look after her 9 Syrian hamsters.
My partner Mark (I would call him my Dwarf partner - but those of you who know him will know that that doesn't quite suit him!) has approximately 40 Dwarf hamsters, mostly Winter Whites and Argente Campbells.

Sue

Spuds Mum
03-10-2008, 06:02 AM
Hi Sue,

Nice to see you here, and it was lovely to talk to you at Alcester! :D

Basia
03-10-2008, 06:15 AM
Hi Sue,
Welcome to the forum, its really good to see you over here. :D
Beckham says hi too.

Gill

nooboo
03-10-2008, 06:24 AM
hello sue!

seems we are all migrating here! i must say Mark as dwarf partner sounds as odd as saying my dave as dwarf partner! but he does breed some stunning dwarfs, so i will leave off any dwarf jokes :P

nice to see you here, and was great to see you at the show, hopefully we can chat a bit more next time i manage to get to a midland show!

unfortunately now whenever i picture you and mark at the last show i get an image of those comfort wheels that had the name willy wheels...

I_am_plankton
03-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Hi Sue!!!

Welcome to this forum, it is a bit more active compared to the other one. I noticed Mark has joined Shane's forum so perhaps you will use that one too?

Glad to see you here and will speak to you soon no doubt!
Leanne

Holly
03-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Hi Sue and welcome from me also :)

.... I thought I'd come and bug you all here!

Ha! I think it's the other way round and will be us bugging you - I can think of at leat 3 things I want to ask you :P

Gust0o
03-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Well, that explains where Hamster Forum went!

I joined there, before I discovered this place... and had been keeping the odd eye on it.

Hope more people find their way here, if it truly is defunct.

Welcome in BVH! :)

jayne
03-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Welcome to HC!

I have seen you around on the other forums, i am sure you will love it here though. Such a friendly place and everyone is mad :P :lol:

suga
03-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Welcome from me too :)

Mollz
03-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi Sue (Gizmo says hi too)!

It's great to have you here and I hope you enjoy it too. This one is far more active than hamsterforum, so I find it far more enjoyable.

souffle
03-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Welcome Sue and all the Bourne Valley Hammies. I am not sure how I will cope with modding all these newcomers so everyone better behave :lol: :lol:
Only kidding folks you are all perfect angels!

annc
03-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Welcome.

I can't begin to imagine that many hamsters! I have two Syrians and three ratties!

Spuds Mum
03-10-2008, 01:40 PM
I think sue is being 'cagey' (no pun intended) about the number of hams she has, only giving approximates.

Sue, I think you should go and count them all right now!! :shock: :wink:
Only joking, I can't keep track of how many we have sometimes and we are still less than 20 (albeit only by 1 :oops: )

Bourne Valley Hams
03-10-2008, 02:12 PM
I think sue is being 'cagey' (no pun intended) about the number of hams she has, only giving approximates.

Only joking, I can't keep track of how many we have sometimes and we are still less than 20 (albeit only by 1 :oops: )

OK,OK!!! In the Syrian Hamstery there are 70 cages, 61 mine and 9 Katishas.
6 also have babies in with them, 1 x 13, 3 x 11, 1 x 10 and 1 x 8.
2 are due to give birth on the 12th (though one is hiding it really well if she is pregnant!) and 3 more are due on the 14th.

Happy now??? :wink: :lol:

Mollz
03-10-2008, 02:16 PM
[quote="Spud's Mum":2q0he3ld]I think sue is being 'cagey' (no pun intended) about the number of hams she has, only giving approximates.

OK,OK!!! In the Syrian Hamstery there are 70 cages, 61 mine and 9 Katishas.
6 also have babies in with them, 1 x 13, 3 x 11, 1 x 10 and 1 x 8.
2 are due to give birth on the 12th (though one is hiding it really well if she is pregnant!) and 3 more are due on the 14th.

Happy now??? :wink: :lol:[/quote:2q0he3ld]

You still didn't add the all up Sue! Where are those wonderful maths skills?
OK, I'll do it for you:
70+13+33+10+8=134, plus the other litters (although I assume most of the babies will be going to new homes soon?).

That's a lot of hamsters, I must say that you need to be commended for finding the time to take care of them all.

Bourne Valley Hams
03-10-2008, 02:24 PM
You still didn't add the all up Sue! Where are those wonderful maths skills?
OK, I'll do it for you:
70+13+33+10+8=134, plus the other litters (although I assume most of the babies will be going to new homes soon?).

That's a lot of hamsters, I must say that you need to be commended for finding the time to take care of them all.

Aahhh well, yes, um, the babies don't count as they are not staying - well, most of them won't be - though one or two out of each litter will stay at least for a while.
We have 3 days of Thame coming up remember - over that weekend the club may rehome 150 plus hamsters.

Spuds Mum
03-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Any good SH cinnamons likely in the near future Sue?

Bourne Valley Hams
03-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Any good SH cinnamons likely in the near future Sue?
Sadly no. :( I seem to have lost my nice cinny line so I am on the lookout for one or two myself.

Spuds Mum
03-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Oh rats (or hamsters should I say?) my nice little boy Tabasco will need to wait a wee while for a good cinnamon girlfriend then. I haven't really seen many really vivid SH cinnies on the showbenches since I started coming to shows last August Sue. do you think as a show colour they are 'out of fashion'? Whereas at Alcester there seemed to be sable roans by the sackfull!
do colours seem to come and go like that?

Bourne Valley Hams
03-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Oh rats (or hamsters should I say?) my nice little boy Tabasco will need to wait a wee while for a good cinnamon girlfriend then. I haven't really seen many really vivid SH cinnies on the showbenches since I started coming to shows last August Sue. do you think as a show colour they are 'out of fashion'? Whereas at Alcester there seemed to be sable roans by the sackfull!
do colours seem to come and go like that?

Very much so. As you say, sable roan seems to be the 'in' colour this year - just as well as I have them coming out of my ears!
Last year it was honey.
The year before that there were silver greys everywhere.

Gust0o
03-10-2008, 03:01 PM
What about black LH torts?

Sorry to hijack, just thought I'd ask since Spud was in on the act :D

SnuggleHam
03-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear your favorite forum closed, I hope that HC is up to standard :( We have many nice people here, in fact.. we only have nice people here, because thats all we tolerate ;) Its great to have another person knowledgeable about hams to contribute!

souffle
03-12-2008, 01:19 AM
I have moved the rest of this topic to syrian hamster as it was getting a touch off welcome topic! :lol:

babyboos
03-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Welcome to HamsterCentral I hope you enjoy its unique atmosphere everyone