PDA

View Full Version : Blue Peter tip for the compulsive bottle biter!

Holly
03-09-2008, 01:25 PM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/Holly_Day/IMG_6684.jpg

It's just a squashed roll of tape (you could use anything that you could stick on) wedged in to make the tip of the bottle just poke through the hole thus making that irritating spout chewing impossible!

Smarts has given it a good go and she's not happy but there you go :P

Yours sincerely,
Valerie Singleton :wink:

babyboos
03-11-2008, 06:54 PM
I can hear her up here shouting - hamster cruelty :twisted: :wink:

Bunsey
03-11-2008, 07:45 PM
brilliant idea! that would've been great to stop bunsey soaking herself every night! what happens if they push the spout out though, or can't that happen?

Spuds Mum
03-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Hey Julie, great idea.
And great minds think alike obviously - with Cookie we actually cut a loo roll into a round strip (so it made a ring) then placed this around the water bottle spout so that it couldnt peep through the hole more than just the very edge.

It worked although she did start chewing the plastic cage clips instead! :evil:

Yaffle
03-13-2008, 02:00 AM
Good idea Holly, I have 2 manic bottle chewers and they're constantly soaked! Although I would imagine that they'd only find something else to chew, and I rather they got a bit wet than got nose rub!

Holly
03-13-2008, 02:53 AM
I haven't had Smarts push the bottle out yet, Bunsey but it would obviously be something to watch out for. If you get the tension just right they can't move it.

Hey Julie, great idea.
And great minds think alike obviously - with Cookie we actually cut a loo roll into a round strip (so it made a ring) then placed this around the water bottle spout so that it couldnt peep through the hole more than just the very edge.

I like this idea better than mine - have just saved a bunch of elastic bands from the bin to try them round the spout on Mocha's bottle.