PDA

View Full Version : Tac

Jane
03-09-2008, 02:54 AM
:cry: :cry:

Tac. June 2006 - 9th March 2008

My baby, the last of my campbell trio left me in the night :( I believe he was around 22 months old, assuming he was a year old when I adopted him and his brothers in June 2007. He's had a bit of a sore eye for a while now but it hasn't been bothering him too much and I've been bathing it which seemed to help. He was always happy and it never seemed to be bothering him and he hated the vet so I left it.

In the last few days he's gone really downhill...he was no longer his normal happy self. He was never sleeping in his bedding, always out in his cage and not looking right. I thought he'd passed several times in the last few days but he kept fighting bless him. Last night I knew he was leaving, he didn't try to run away when I picked him up, he just layed in my hands breathing slowly which is not like him, he always hated being picked up. I laid him in his cage and this morning he was gone. He took his final sleep in his sand bath which he always loved so I'm happy about that.

I'm relieved he's gone in a way because if he didn't pass in the next few days I was thinking of having him put to sleep because he didn't have much quality of life left bless him.

Rest in peace Tac. I'll really miss you. You were great to watch running around your cage being generally that little hyper hammy you were. Go join Tic and Toe at the bridge babe, I bet they're waiting for you :(

Missing you already :(

Jane x

jayne
03-09-2008, 03:24 AM
Aww Jane i am so sorry to hear about Tac, i had a little tear in my eye reading this :cry:
He was a little fighter but he is know with his brothers happily reunited and they are all playing together again.

RIP Tac x

Basia
03-09-2008, 03:47 AM
Aw Jane, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. You gave all 3 of your rescue cambells a loving home and no little hamster could ask for more.
RIP Tac :cry:

I_am_plankton
03-09-2008, 03:58 AM
very sorry to read this Jane, I remember when you first introduced these guys to the world after you brought them home.

You gave them all a loving home.

RIP Tac x

suga
03-09-2008, 04:14 AM
RIP little one :cry:

Mollz
03-09-2008, 04:45 AM
RIP Tac, Jane you did a great job rescuing all three of them and they all had happy lives with you.

souffle
03-09-2008, 06:04 AM
Aww Jane. I am so sorry to hear of the passing of little Tac. What more could a hammy ask for though than the life he shared with you, a life full of love and fun. He will be reunited now with his bros and happy again.
RIP Tac :cry: :cry:

Spuds Mum
03-09-2008, 06:29 AM
Oh Jane so sorry to hear of Tac's passing, he had a lovely life with you and Im sure loved you just as much as you loved him. What a lovely way for him to go, sleeping in the soft sand of his sand bath.

Sleep well Tac, and play nicely at the bridge with Tic and Toe x

*hugs to you Jane*

Holly
03-09-2008, 07:19 AM
RIP Little Tac :(

I'm so sorry Jane but, as the others have said, he had a lovely life with you, I'm certain he knew it, bless him.

Gust0o
03-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Oh dear, I'm sorry Jane.

I think we all know how wonderful a life he had with you - the love and attention he had, and I think we can celebrate that.

RIP Tac - play hard at the bridge.

PinkEmily
03-09-2008, 01:31 PM
RIP Tac, Back with your brothers and most probably causing mischief.

Jane
03-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Thanks everyone :( (wish we had a smiling one crying)

Hanlou
03-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Very sorry Jane.... somehow the memorial forum didn't show me an unread post so I missed it until now.

Sounds like you gave him a lovely life Jane, but I'm sorry he's gone. It was the best way to 'go' though, it's true - safe and snuggled in his cage, he probably didn't know much about his last few hours.

Goodbye Tac x

{{hugs}} Jane.

babyboos
03-11-2008, 06:55 PM
rest in peace little one