PDA

View Full Version : Bubbagump - a taming update

Spuds Mum
03-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi!

Just thought I'd share some great news on our little neurologically challenged hybrid rescue Bubbagump.

We thought that we would never tame him for two reasons, he absolutely screamed whenever he was even spoken too, and he was so shaky and kept falling on his back, so we were worried about handling him.

However, Arti decided that a little taming had to be done in case Bubba ever needed vetinary care and so said that he would do the minimum just to be able to allow that.
a couple of days later, and I am happy to report the following...

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/images/misc/hamster_bubbagump_009.jpg

He is walking on our hands, climbing up us and hasn't bitten once. He has taken food from our hands whilst on them, and has sat in the palm our our hands washing himself without a care in the world. :x :x

Of course sometimes he looks up to listen to our voices and just flips on his back still, but at least we can right him easily in our hands.

I just wanted you to know what a brave little lad he is. (the hamster as well as Arti :oops: ) and we are very proud of how far he has come in just a couple of days! :D

Mollz
03-08-2008, 03:54 PM
That's great news Teresa and gives all those out there who are struggling to tame hamsters hope.

You and Arti have done a great job and he will have a wonderful life with you, I'm sure.

Basia
03-08-2008, 04:06 PM
That's a great photo. Well done both of you and what a lovely little boy he is.
Would Arti like a Basil shaped lodger to try his taming skills on?

Catja
03-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Oh thats just brilliant well done Arti, and well done hamster :lol:

You've done such a brilliant job

Spuds Mum
03-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks everyone, we are really pleased and hope to actually get to the stage where we know if he is a she soon! Strange that the poor wee thing spends so much time on 'his' bak and we haven't been able to see whether he is a girl or boy yet! :?

jayne
03-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Thats great news about Bubbagump! He is a little darling in the photo, so pleased he is with you and having the best care, love and attention :)

suga
03-09-2008, 02:04 AM
That's great to read - such a sweet looking fella :)

souffle
03-09-2008, 06:18 AM
He is beautiful and his life will be much enriched now he can come out and be handled and enjoy some free time with you all. Good work :lol:

Holly
03-09-2008, 07:38 AM
I just wanted you to know what a brave little lad he is. (the hamster as well as Arti :oops: )

:x

Well done all of you - he's so cute (the hamster as well as Arti :P ).

Spuds Mum
03-09-2008, 07:40 AM
ROFL yes I think they both are! But Bubbagump is becoming easier to handle! :roll: :P

Holly
03-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Yes hamsters are far easier than men, in my experience - bless them both though :wink: :roll:

Jane
03-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Aww bless him :) Great news!

Gust0o
03-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Yes hamsters are far easier than men, in my experience

Hmph! :x