PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. My Beautiful little lyra <3

Skelly
04-19-2012, 11:52 AM
I just wanted to post a little tribute to my brave little girl.
She contracted Pyometra (an infection of the womb) 6 days ago, she was put on a course of baytril, she was doing really well, eating and taking her meds like an angel.
I went to give her her meds and some veggies this evening only to find her in her nest very poorly, I won't go into details as to the state she was in due to the fact I feel it would be too upsetting.
I rushed her to the vets so they could help her on her way to the bridge.
I'm heart broken and in bits, I can feel this grieving process is going to be a hard one.
Lyra and her cage mate Pork Chop were bought for me a year and a half ago by my wonderful OH after loosing my little Pea wee.
They have been two of the friendliest entertaining hammies I have ever had, she will be sorely missed by not only me but mum and her cage mate.

R.I.P my little angel, you tried so hard to fight and im so proud if you. Gave fun over rainbow bridge with all my other past hamsters.

I will miss you so very much, im just happy your at peace now x

I love you so much my sweet little lady xxxx

Here's her original thread:
http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/hamster-healthcare/27319-i-think-my-hamster-has-pyometra.html

Mona's Humans
04-19-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm sooo sorry to hear about little Lyra, she was absolutely adorable x

Run Free Lyra xx

Hammymad
04-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Am saddened to hear of your loss,as like many members I was following Lyras story :( xxx

PinkPrincess
04-19-2012, 12:10 PM
RIP Lyra, play well at the bridge xxx

Michelle89
04-19-2012, 12:19 PM
So sorry for your loss I was hoping she was going to beat the infection RIP little one xxx

Shell
04-19-2012, 01:38 PM
So sorry to hear you have lost your lovely little Lyra :(

Sleep well little lady x x

KatiePillow
04-19-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm glad you were able to help her on her way, and that she gave you so much joy.. sorry to hear of her passing :(
Rest in peace Lyra :(

GemmasMom
04-19-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm very glad you got to spend time with her and were able to help her in her last moments. I'm sure she felt at peace. R.I.P. Lyra

HamstersOfHell
04-19-2012, 06:43 PM
R.I.P Lyra, play well at the bridge x

Lynternette
04-20-2012, 02:23 AM
I'm so sorry Lyra has had to leave you. I'm sure in time Lyra will send a new companion to you. When you see her or him you'll know.

I hope you are playing well Lyra. Another little star to twinkle in the sky. Lyra xxx

Pompompoms
04-20-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm so so sorry, you did your absolute best for her, and I'm glad you were able to help her on her way when she needed you. It really is so hard to lose a much loved little one, you are in the right place for people that understand it's going take time to come to terms with Lyra passing xx

Sterluv
04-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry! :( I'm sure she had a wonderful life and loved you as well.

Angelhamster
04-23-2012, 10:05 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. Best wishes

souffle
05-03-2012, 04:40 AM
I am so very sorry. You gave her your best and tried so hard. It was great gift to let her go.
Play well lovely Lyra x