PDA

View Full Version : Male Robos

Gust0o
03-06-2008, 08:55 AM
I was having a browse through our local P@H the other week, and I happened to notice a cage of male Robos.

Well, it looked like an absolute madhouse - there were about five of the blighters in there, all as mad as a hatter... all very tame, as hamsters from the York P@H tend to be - a big thumbs up for those chaps!

What really caught my eye, though, was the size of them!

I've commented on other thread, especially Bean's, about size - I have a female Robo, Dave, who is tiny! She's so manic, she's run off all her fat, and is absolutely tiny!

But some of these chaps were easily the size of the Winter Whites in the cage next door - and easily as big as my chaps at home.

Is this a common thing? Are males larger? Are they slower?

We've often had the discussion - much as we love Dave - about whether we would keep Robos again; this might settle it.

Thoughts?

Holly
03-06-2008, 09:54 AM
I know you thought Bean looked big in my pictures of him - he's actually tiny compared to our ww's!

I know male robos are meant to be bigger than females but I don't know enough about them to say how big the difference usually is.

daffee
03-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Maybe they aren't young? Our two girls grew loads the first few months we had them and we no longer call them teeny tiny. Compared to our girlie mouse they are enormous!

Gust0o
03-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Maybe they aren't young?

Could be - I wouldn't put it past P@H to make a mistake; I think, just for myself, if the Robo was a little bit bigger I'd be so much more comfortable in handling the blighter!

Dave is just that shade too small for comfort - both hers and ours; and maybe our relationship suffers as a result. Though she is, as said, a very timid example of her breed!

Bunsey
03-06-2008, 12:54 PM
yes, all my males are significantly bigger than my females. it's not so much in the length, it's like the chunkiness of them. they have a larger circumference!