PDA

View Full Version : Why aint Hamsters like Guinea Pigs?

Keflan
04-03-2012, 03:20 PM
I have recently bought 2 Guinea Pigs and if you open the cage door, they do not attempt to escape, they come out and roam around the cage, eat and play but rarely try to escape.

Whereas Hamsters they escape with any chance possible.

Its a shame hamsters dont act like GP's because then I could get into my Imac Fantasy without any bother of Izzy trying to make a great escape.

FluffNoodle
04-03-2012, 03:24 PM
maybe because they aren't the same species

Cathii
04-03-2012, 03:26 PM
I suppose guineas are more relaxed and not constantly on the run! Then again my gp Carrot is so nosey and adventurous!
All animals have their faults - hamsters are escape artists, and, well guinea pigs are harder to tame. But I love both animals :)

Lougarry
04-03-2012, 04:23 PM
You sound like Henry Higgins: 'Why can't a woman be more like a man?'

Kissa
04-04-2012, 01:20 AM
You sound like Henry Higgins: 'Why can't a woman be more like a man?'

Where is the like button on this forum! :mad:

shazzy
04-04-2012, 01:35 AM
You didnt know my Guinea harold then! as soon as I open his door he was straight up balancing on the ledge peering down ready to jump out! He was very people orientated.

MommaHammie
04-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Never had a guinea (but planning to have one after I graduate) but I do agree that hamsters always try to escape if given a chance lol well from my experience anyways

kyrilliondaemon
04-04-2012, 03:43 AM
Actually our syrian only tries to escape if we're asleep. So we're fine to open her cage during the day and such lol