View Full Version : My Guinea Pigs

madstitcher101
04-01-2012, 04:52 AM
Hiya! Meet my guinea pigs, Pablo and Kwazii

Pablo

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc496/madstitcher101/S7300885-1.jpg

Kwazii

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc496/madstitcher101/S7300874-1.jpg

They have just been neutered and are recovering really well. We shall be getting their girlfriends in about 4 weeks time. They used to cage together until they fell out and kept on fighting so we had to separate them.

BaileyandBeth
04-01-2012, 04:54 AM
Awh they're gorgeous, bet they can't wait to see their lady friends! :)

Leesha
04-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Aww :D they look very well looked after :D

madstitcher101
04-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Aww :D they look very well looked after :D

I think my hubbie would argue that they are too well looked after :mad:

Leesha
04-02-2012, 01:39 AM
I think my hubbie would argue that they are too well looked after :mad:

My boyfriend thinks I spoil the rabbits.. It's not like they have their own rooms and half of the garden or anything ;) ..and I just spent about £35 on hay for them from hay for pets hehe :D

Mona's Humans
04-02-2012, 04:12 AM
they are gorgeous :) my trio just fell out :( so we'll be getting a mate for our lone boy soon :)

CoolcatNatNat44
04-02-2012, 06:21 AM
aww they are cute! I love guinea pigs :lol:

Gibbs&JackBlack
04-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Now that they have been neutered you might be able to put them together again. You could try it after they've recovered in a neutral spot or with a bath.

fluffymunchkins
04-02-2012, 10:45 AM
They are very sweet :) I hope they enjoy having new girlfriends!

As far as I was aware, I didn't think neutering had any affect on behaviour between two males. If they don;t get along before neutering then they shouldn't after x

madstitcher101
04-03-2012, 02:00 AM
They are very sweet :) I hope they enjoy having new girlfriends!

As far as I was aware, I didn't think neutering had any affect on behaviour between two males. If they don;t get along before neutering then they shouldn't after x

You are right, neutering doesn't alter their behaviour at all, so chances are they would still fight if they went back together. Besides, they have their own cages now and we already have the girls lined up for them so it's a matter of waiting for 4 weeks. The kids can't wait for the girls to come, they have seen pigtures of them and the youngest chose which one he wanted first. He went for the one I thought he would (a black & white long haired one).

madstitcher101
04-03-2012, 02:08 AM
My boyfriend thinks I spoil the rabbits.. It's not like they have their own rooms and half of the garden or anything ;) ..and I just spent about £35 on hay for them from hay for pets hehe :D

Yes, I have been accused of spoiling the piggies, and also the hamsters too. I think I must have spent a fortune on food and assessories for the animals since we had them, the cages alone cost a lot even though they were bargains. But, they are worth it and I am enjoying doing it. I love to fuss over them. They are part of our family so they should have the best we can give.....

I'd love a rabbit (love the dwarfs) but I don't think my hubbie would go for it so maybe not just yet :mad:

Cathii
04-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Aww! They're gorgeous! I have two male piggies as well, but they don't fight. It's actually very rare for 2 males to fight if bonded from a young age. I hope your piggies enjoy their new girlfriends.
And yes, as the others said neutering does nothing to change the behaviour of guinea pigs like it does to other animals.

Kissa
04-03-2012, 03:00 AM
And yes, as the others said neutering does nothing to change the behaviour of guinea pigs like it does to other animals.

My inner biologist is very curious as to why this is :p

Yes, I have been accused of spoiling the piggies, and also the hamsters too. I think I must have spent a fortune on food and assessories for the animals since we had them, the cages alone cost a lot even though they were bargains. But, they are worth it and I am enjoying doing it. I love to fuss over them. They are part of our family so they should have the best we can give.....

I'd love a rabbit (love the dwarfs) but I don't think my hubbie would go for it so maybe not just yet :mad:

I'm waiting for the time when the boyfriend and I are living together and he realises just how animal crazy I am :mad: I'm getting a Syrian as soon as I have the space because I love their fluffy bums, I really want a Robo colony, I also want to breed Robos... and that's just the hamsters! There's also cats, dogs and horses on the list ;)

Cathii
04-03-2012, 03:58 PM
My inner biologist is very curious as to why this is :p

I really don't know actually. I've done countless hours of research on piggies, and everywhere I go on the internet tells me that it does not change their behaviour as it does with other animals.

MommaHammie
04-04-2012, 02:01 AM
Awww look at those lil cute piggies! Accckkk I can't wait to have one in a few months time...hating the wait!

Mona's Humans
04-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Awww look at those lil cute piggies! Accckkk I can't wait to have one in a few months time...hating the wait!

you mean 2 right ;)

Cathii
04-06-2012, 07:16 AM
you mean 2 right ;)

Yeah, you might want to consider getting a pair because they are very sociable animals and are happiest living with another companion of the same species.