PDA

View Full Version : Do you like to write/journal?

HollyHamster
03-30-2012, 01:13 AM
I find that journaling helps me to clear my mind and feel better. If I find my day is going terribly, and I want to smash someone's head into the ground, I just journal for a while and my anger just dissolves. I can also say whatever I want about anyone who made me mad in total confidence that they won't ever see and know what I wrote about them. After all, that's what a journal is for, right? :D

As much as I love to journal, I find that I can't write for very long with pen and paper because my hand starts to cramp up. So, I came up with the idea to journal on my computer. I can type much faster than I can write, and I can go back and correct it, add more if I feel that it needs it and so much more. I think I'll never go back to pen and paper now that I've discovered how much better that is. ;)

I liked the idea of blogging but wanted it to be private due to the very personal content I write about. So a Google search on private online journaling led me to this awesome site, Penzu.com (http://www.penzu.com). Its free to use with limited features, and if you upgrade your account to Pro you unlock all the features they offer. (I can get you a referral offer on Pro if you'd like, just PM me ;) ). Still, I am notorious for starting a journal, almost aggressively at first, and then loosing interest in it after a while. So, to make sure I am going to stick to journaling on this site, I am using the free account and if I am still using it in a few months time, I might consider upgrading.

For now though, I am journaling almost constantly on it. In fact, I've been using it so much, my arms, wrists and hands are sore from typing so much. :mad:

So, back to the question at hand. Do you journal? If so, do you prefer the computer or an actual pen and paper? If your journal on the computer, do you use a site like Penzu?

sakuraheart
03-30-2012, 01:42 AM
Isn't it great to find an emotional outlet?!xx
I tried a few years back....hand writing in a small book I bought....and after a while I found myself drawing more than writing....so now I tend to let things out through art work.....But I find that my most effective outlet is singing.....I vent an awful lot, but it feels great.xx

Mona's Humans
03-30-2012, 01:51 AM
I used to write ALOT of poetry, but that was when i felt my life sucked massively. Now i guess i'm just in a happier place and don't feel the need to.

I probably will end up there again though at some stage :)

kyrilliondaemon
03-30-2012, 06:04 AM
I just rant at my OH to be honest. Works alarmingly well :p

Cupcake
03-30-2012, 06:32 AM
I just rant at my OH to be honest. Works alarmingly well :p

Same! And there's no need to worry about sore hands...though your jaw might start to hurt after a few hours :D

vanilla-yazoo
03-30-2012, 06:51 AM
i rant at my oh too, he had to put up with alot in oxford, other then that I play games to vent frustration, and cuddle up with a ham/cat/dog and cry for a while and tell them whats wrong, they make everything feel better.

TraceyH
03-30-2012, 07:00 AM
I rant and rave as well and throw things about and kick things. Mind you, I've mellowed an heck of a lot since I've grown older. I booted the fridge door about six months ago and hurt my ankle so won't be doing that again in an hurry.

I never journal as a way of relieving stress 'cos it's too time consuming and I'd be more irritated having to type an essay about what or who annoyed me.

shell1805
03-30-2012, 03:02 PM
ive always kept a journal, since i was 13 and now i am 27. good old pen and paper for me, i boycott technology. i'm the same about kindals.... books are books for a reason. that whold browsing in a book shop and the smell of a fresh book... *ahem* sorry went off point there lol
i journal purely to try and make sense about all my thoughts/ emotions. it also helps aid my art work, when i have a clogged mind i will rarely pick up a pencil and draw. however when i have vented all down on paper, i find that inspiration flows much more freely x