PDA

View Full Version : good bye my fred

vanilla-yazoo
03-29-2012, 04:48 AM
My darling fred was put to sleep this morning, He has been unable to pass poos since sunday, I tried everything I could to help him pass something, we took him this morning to see mary, she felt his tummy, she said it felt firm, she could feel a kidney was enlarged, she gave him a little gas to feel further, he had tumors and cysts, something had ruptured inside him, stoping him. I was crying at work yesterday, I knew it wasnt something treatable, she put him to rest and my oh has burried him with my past loves in the garden
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j333/vanilla-yazoo/IMG_51342.jpg

Goodnight my love, the tired old moon is descending,

Goodnight my love, my moment with you now is ending.

It was so heavenly, holding you close to me,

It will be heavenly to hold you again in a dream,

The stars above have promised to meet us tomorrow,

Til then, my love, how dreary the new day will seem,

So for the present dear, we'll have to part,

Sleep tight my love, goodnight my love,

Remember that you're my sweetheart.

He had been through alot with me, thorugh his agression, through his accidents, escapes, through all my troubles in oxford, and supported me though mishka and though nemisis, he got me my first rossette, a beautiful blue ribbon I will tresure.

Run free to the bridge my boy, theres no more pain, just love

Hammymad
03-29-2012, 04:51 AM
A beautiful poem.I am so sorry for your loss..."Sweet dreams little Fred"
Thinking of you xx

sully
03-29-2012, 04:53 AM
RIP fred. x

Mona's Humans
03-29-2012, 05:02 AM
Sorry for your loss Yaz :(

Run free fred xx

kyrilliondaemon
03-29-2012, 05:08 AM
I'm really, really sorry to hear this :(

Play well Fred

CoolcatNatNat44
03-29-2012, 05:10 AM
I'm so sorry Yaz :(
R.I.P Fred<3

GemmasMom
03-29-2012, 05:33 AM
Rest in Peace, Fred

Lynternette
03-29-2012, 05:47 AM
I'm so sorry Yaz. Your lovely poem says how much he was loved in just a few words. xxx

Hello Fred. I'm sorry you've had to leave your mummy for a while. You'll have lots to tell her when she comes for you. Play nicely with your new friends. xxx

RachK
03-29-2012, 06:20 AM
So sorry to hear of little Fred's passing. RIP beautiful boy. Huge Hugs Yaz xxx

AliKati
03-29-2012, 06:42 AM
Sweet dreams, little Fred, and I hope you wake over the rainbow bridge where you'll be well again. Hugs to you, Yaz. xx

Hamtastic
03-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Your tribute to Beautiful Fred was very soulful, and it brought tears to my eyes. Every pet hamster should be loved and remembered like this.

Fred has left you with a lot of great memories to treasure and will stay with you in your heart forever!

fluffymunchkins
03-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Sending all my love, I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Such a sweet little lad, he''l be at peace now xx

Pompompoms
03-29-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm so sorry Yaz, Fred was such a lovely handsome ham, and clearly so bonded to you :cry:.

You know you were right to help him pass when he needed you help, and you know he'll be safe at the bridge now with the rest of your hamily there.

Hugs to you, so many of us know how you feel, give Lucy, Terry, Wurzel, Bon Soir, Mr Humphreys, Nancy, and Sko shi and extra cuddle and a treat tonight.

Lots of love from me and all the pompoms xx

starbug
03-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Your poem was beautiful and it shows how much you love Fred. He will know that you love him and you did your best to ease his pain. Play well, little man. x

gutterglitterxx
03-29-2012, 12:48 PM
So very sorry for your loss. These posts never fail to break my heart. :(

Amethyst_ice
03-29-2012, 12:52 PM
im so sorry to hear nothing could be done, i know how helpless it makes you feel, rest well beautiful an enjoy the sunshine xxxxx

vanilla-yazoo
03-29-2012, 01:30 PM
thank you everyone, everything you said is helping me, I would have done anything to help fred, he was my little buddy, my little man, I have needed his little bundle of strenth so much, I never got a last cuddle, I have had such a rotten cold I havent been able to do anything with my hams for the last few days, my Oh has been helping me out doing waters, feeds, medicenes..
I knew yesterday that fred would need putting down, everyone has tried to talk me into he will be better, the vet will have a magic wand and make him well. I just knew it wasnt going to be.
I am crying again now, I miss him soo much, my dad had the radio playing in the car picking me up from work, eric claptons tears in heaven was playing, the last lines
'I must be strong And carry on 'Cause I know I don't belong Here in heaven'

X I miss you my fred X

Womblehands
03-29-2012, 03:09 PM
I am so sorry Fred has to leave you hun, you gave him such a lovely life and he knew he was loved to bits...

vanilla-yazoo
03-29-2012, 03:29 PM
aww thank you hun, it means alot to hear that. I really did :( he had such a character to him, a very naughty one :( i will miss him jumping up at the glass whenever I pass his tank..

TraceyH
03-30-2012, 07:22 AM
He was a lovely hamster and you were a great hammy owner to him.

Jodzie04
03-30-2012, 11:05 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.
It's always so hard but you did what was best for him so he didn't suffer

MommaHammie
03-30-2012, 11:53 AM
R.I.P. Fred. I hope you have fun with other cute little hammies over there.
And be strong hun, at least he's no longer in pain.
xox

hammy_luver
03-30-2012, 02:31 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, the poem made me cry too. :(
Sleep well little Fred xoxo

vanilla-yazoo
03-30-2012, 02:45 PM
thank you everyone, I had that feeling, whilst at work the night before, i just knew it was going to be bad news, i found myself talking to him, even tho he wasnt there, saying I know he is in pain, if he needed to, he can rest, I wont love him any less. but he was a little fighter, but he was in too much pain for that battle.
I feel dredfull that he has gone, but the same time, he isnt in pain, so im not hurting for him, only hurting from the fred shaped hole he has left inside me.

Im sorry if I made you cry, I just really felt those words where how I feel to him, I cant even read them now, I would start crying again.

i had some hammy cuddles today as my cold shifted from drippy to coughy, and gave everyone treats for missing out on their hugs :( they where playing up this morning, as tho a little bit of freds naughtyness sturred in them all :( i miss him, i will always miss him

hammy_luver
03-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Don't be sorry, crying is cleansing, compassion is one of the better human traits, it's just a shame that not everyone has the capacity for it. Fred will forever be in your heart, they're such small creatures, yet they leave such huge footprints on out hearts. I'm glad your little gang is giving you comfort at this sad time ((((hugs)))))

MommaHammie
03-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Just let it all out. Everyone here knows how much hammies mean to people like us. I hope your heart ache goes away quickly, lil Fred would rather see your smile :)

Humphrey Furball
03-30-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm so sorry about Fred, you gave him the greatest gift and he has enjoyed a lovely life with you. Run free at the bridge Fred xx

vanilla-yazoo
03-31-2012, 03:04 PM
thank you guys, I have cried soo much i have no more water left to make tears from, it feels a bit wierd, but im just relived he isnt sick anymore, I got a photo of him the morning before he went to the bridge, you could see it there, he wasnt happy, he was in pain, now the pain has gone, the pressure has been lifted from me. I will still miss him, but i will smile and remember the good times.
When mishka was passing and i had to leave for work, i was constantly tearing up, but kept saying to myself she wouldnt want me to cry.
*sigh* oh my little ones, i miss you

souffle
03-31-2012, 03:12 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. He was so lovely and such a special friend x
Play well at the bridge Fred x