PDA

View Full Version : Bodie

souffle
02-26-2008, 01:05 PM
It has taken a few days to write this. On Friday our beloved German Shepherd Dog, Bodie, died in my arms He was 6 years old. Bodie was a treasure amongst dogs. He was loved so much by so many people. Everyone who met him smiled at his puppy beauty and gorgeous temperament. He was loyal, happy loving and so much part of our family that we hurt to the core from the great hole he has left in our lives. Our house is empty and yet he is still there. I see his face in every corner and hear him in every room. A true gentleman and a credit to his breed, my friend, my boy, you will be missed by so many but to me you will always be here, treasured in my heart. It was not fair for he did not deserve to go so soon. He graced our lives with love and gave us immeasurable pleasure with his presence. Sleep well my best boy.
Love Souffle, Pophammy and BigD
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
He’s gone so I told them
But really he’s not
They said he’s a short coat
But look what I got!

A whisper of fluff
My very best boy
Always there by my side
Holding his toy

Together through sunlight
Together through rain
I saw in his eyes
The glimmer of pain

I held him to close and
I cuddled him tight
I watched as he flew
On his star through the night

He’s gone so I told them
Look close and you’ll see
My Bodie’s still smiling
From deep within me

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Pophammy/pics/mag4.jpg

Basia
02-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Oh Souffle, I am so, so sorry to read your post. Bodie looks such a noble boy in that picture. Believe me, I know exactly how you are feeling. I still miss and think about my Basia every day, nearly 9 years on.
Hugs to you, Pophammy and BigD :cry:
RIP Bodie

Mollz
02-26-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm so sorry Souffle. It was a lovely, heartfelt poem for a gorgeous and much loved boy.
Sleep well Bodie xx

souffle
02-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Thank you Basia & Mollz. Basia is that where you got your username? That is a lovely tribute.

Holly
02-27-2008, 02:25 AM
I was so, so sorry to hear about Bodie, souffle, it must have been an awful shock for you. I've met him and he was a beautiful, noble dog - scary bark but absolutely gorgeous. I'm sorry that he was taken away before his time, it's devastating when they die so young.

RIP Bodie and sweet dreams.

Gust0o
02-27-2008, 02:42 AM
Oh dear, am so very sorry Souffle.

RIP Bodie - play hard at the Bridge, young sir.

jayne
02-27-2008, 04:40 AM
Oh i'm sorry to hear about Bodie souffle :cry:
I'm sure you, PH and BigD have many happy memories of him and will cherish them forever!

RIP Bodie x

Spuds Mum
02-27-2008, 11:02 AM
I was so sorry to hear of your sad loss Souffle, Bodie was I know, your shadow, and you must feel very lost.

Sleep well little man, I'm sure you are keeping watch over your family still x

Basia
02-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Thank you Basia & Mollz. Basia is that where you got your username? That is a lovely tribute.

Yes, souffle. I had wanted a boxer dog for a long as I can ever remember and my husband bought her for me when the twins were little boys. Her name is pronounced 'basher' which was very appropriate. I never had to worry about the boys going out to play, they took her with them and I knew she would guard them with her life. When they got older and didn't want to take her any more, she would jump over a 6ft wall and take herself to the play area. I would find her playing football with other little boys, who all loved her.
She died just before the twins went to uni and it was just awful. Not a day goes by I don't think about her, even though I now have the lovely Brenda.
Your Bodie will always be with you, in your heart, believe me.

suga
02-28-2008, 01:47 AM
RIP Bodie - :-(

PinkEmily
02-28-2008, 02:26 AM
RIP Bodie :(

Really sorry for your loss

Spacemonkey
02-28-2008, 04:43 AM
Aw, thats awful Souffle... He was lovely.

RIP Bodie

Pouchy
03-02-2008, 12:30 PM
6 years of love and joy given. That's more than most people get in a lifetime.

Such a great looking dog and such a shame.

RIP Bodie