PDA

View Full Version : Love you, Gemma

GemmasMom
03-28-2012, 06:30 AM
My girl Gemma passed away early Saturday morning. She brought so much joy to us, but Friday afternoon, she was diagnosed with Cushing's disease... I am very happy that she did not have to suffer long and that she got to spend all night cuddling and playing with mommy and daddy and got to pass peacefully. She loved her mom and dad and would have played with us all day, every day, if she could. One day, I fell asleep on the couch,and I awoke to Gemma running up and down my body. I am not sure how she escaped or how she got onto the couch! She was always the daredevil, "skydiving" (or attempting to) from our arms or any other high area. She was a princess... she got anything and everything she could ever want. She has a gigantic cage and playpen, 2 igloos, 2 wheels, 2 balls, a playground with a slide...and a red car (has a wheel to let her move the car around).

Have fun running with no cages ever again, Gem! Mommy and Daddy will never forget you!!

Hope everyone enjoys the pictures. These are a few of my favorites... Gem eating beans, snuggling in mommy's Notre Dame blanket, trying to escape by pushing down the latch to her cage with her mouth (one of her favorite passtimes that mommy always had to rescue her from!), being a diva, and eating an apple core (the last picture mommy took of her). She is also in my avatar picture eating. I wanted to make this tribute to her so I could remember all the joy and happiness she brought and to remind myself that she is in a better place with no pain or disease.

I love you, Gemma Lou 2011-3/24/12

GemmasMom
03-28-2012, 06:31 AM
Also, does anyone know what type of Russian Dwarf she is. I'd like to know that just for our own knowledge. Thanks :)

Mona's Humans
03-28-2012, 06:35 AM
Run Free Gemma, xx

I'm sorry i can't help on which type of russian she is, though i tend to assume 'hybrid' as generally people know otherwise and most pet shop brought hams are hybrids. I hope more experienced owners can help you on this though, and whatever species she was, she truly was adorable.

I'm so sorry for your loss x

Mikayla
03-28-2012, 06:36 AM
I'm very sorry :( She was beautiful until the end.

RIP Gemma xxx

Lynternette
03-28-2012, 07:23 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss. You will always have your memories. The invention of the camera is one of the most wonderful things. We can always see our loved ones. I don't know what kind of dwarf she is but I do know she's a beautiful one.

Hello Gemma. I hope you are playing nicely at the bridge. I'm sure you have made lots of new friends. xxx

GemmasMom
03-28-2012, 07:52 AM
THanks for the kind words, everyone. Maybe I'll never know what breed she was, but I do know that she was perfect, whatever she was!! I miss her a lot!!

Hammymad
03-28-2012, 08:40 AM
She was a beautiful little girl, sleep tight little one xxx

starbug
03-28-2012, 10:36 AM
She was lovely. Play well, little Gemma.

anamaya76
03-28-2012, 11:27 AM
I am very sorry for the loss of little Gemma, I know how hard and sad it is to loose our beloved furybabies.

Have fun on the bridge little Gemma now you can play with all the other little hammyangles that are over there.

Pompompoms
03-28-2012, 03:46 PM
She was beautiful, and clearly had a lovely life with you full of love and good care which is all a hammy can ask for.

I'm so sorry it was her time to pass, she'll be restored to full health at the bridge and play safely till it;s time for you to see her again xx

Shaedde
03-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Gemma is a beautiful girl :) I love the picture of her all snuggled in a blanket! Rest in peace darling

souffle
03-31-2012, 03:16 PM
What a beautiful tribute. She left you with so many wonderful memories.
Play well at the bridge Gemma x