PDA

View Full Version : hiya new here.

xtashax
02-26-2008, 06:32 AM
Just wanted to say hi, I'm getting 2 robos later on today, even though i have never kept this breed of hamster, i used to keep the dewarf species for many years starting from a child.
I have done a lot of reasearch on this breed and im so excited. i will admit i hate buying from pet shops, but i couldn't find a breeder who was close enough to me to travel to, so i will hang my head low on this one, but i do know the pet shop well and he assures me they are always healthy, active etc..
i have been doing a lot of reading on this fourm and found out a lot more information on robos then on most other sites. i do have 3 children aging 10 and under, but the hamster is not for them and they have always understood how to treat animals with respect.

Well i have said enough for now, will post when i bring them home later.

Basia
02-26-2008, 06:55 AM
Hello and welcome from me.
Baby robos - how exciting. 8) Are you actually getting them today?

xtashax
02-26-2008, 07:26 AM
hi and yes :) they have been at the shop for 5 days, he always keeps them in qurrenteen ( sorry about the spelling) just to make extra sure. i have been to see them there and they are very lively and no signs of sickness atall, they are 9 weeks old. and so tiny, and not scared at all. my son has asked if he can name them (his only 4) and he wants the names to be teenie and tiny lol.

souffle
02-26-2008, 07:33 AM
Welcome to the forum. How exiting..new babies :lol: Cant wait to hear all about their adventures. Teeny and Tiny are great names :lol:

suga
02-26-2008, 08:15 AM
hello and welcome from me too :-).
Hope you can post some pictures of them once they have settled...

jayne
02-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Hello and welcome to HC :D
Can't wait to see your little robos when you get them and they are settled.
They are very appropriate names, and cute too :P

Mollz
02-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Welcome to the forum, getting new babies is always very exciting.
Great names by the way :)

Spuds Mum
02-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Hi and welcome from me!

I bet you have your robos now and are there peering into the cage surrounded by children!!!

Welcome to Teenie and Tiny too, hope to hear more about them.

xtashax
02-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Thank you for all the warm welcomes.
And no not peering in at the cage lol gonna give them a chance to settle in, pictures will be posted as soon as they are settled enough.
I have put my hand in for them to smell etc and they were climbing all over it was very sweet, but for the night now they will be left to get comfy. i'm gonna be getting a bigger cage for them in the next week or so so any suggestions on that will be helpfull, one without bars if possible. oh i forgot to mentune their sex's they are female.

Gust0o
02-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Welcome in!

I have a little Robo of my own - Dave; who's a very sweet, but timid, young lady.

They are a cracking little animal - and you'll soon be wondering where they get all that energy from! :x

Looking forward to meeting the new arrivals :)

xtashax
02-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Well was just checking on them and there not hiding as soon as i come in the room now, their playing happly on the wheel, and are eating fine. and wow are they fast lol

Holly
02-27-2008, 01:09 AM
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new arrivals :)

Robos are incredibly entertaining to watch - have yours done that thing where they run so fast on their wheel they spin all the way round it?!

I'm sure you know all this if you've researched but have you got two wheels, two sleeping areas etc and do you scatter food instead of using a food bowl? All these things, as well as always making sure you handle both and switch exercise balls (if you use them) halfway through a session to keep scents the same, will help ensure they don't fight.

Gust0o
02-27-2008, 02:46 AM
Mine's happy to be observed, but not always picked-up - Dave chooses what time she'd like to come out; and I'm willing to respect her temperament!

They are a great little breed! :)

xtashax
02-27-2008, 03:07 AM
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new arrivals :)

Robos are incredibly entertaining to watch - have yours done that thing where they run so fast on their wheel they spin all the way round it?!

I'm sure you know all this if you've researched but have you got two wheels, two sleeping areas etc and do you scatter food instead of using a food bowl? All these things, as well as always making sure you handle both and switch exercise balls (if you use them) halfway through a session to keep scents the same, will help ensure they don't fight.

yes 2 wheels although i will be getting another one since the other wheel is what came with the cage and is poo lol, i'v put 2 lots of of bedding seprately, did try little houses but they perfered them without them. the food i have a small food bowl but im also scattering. and i didnt know that about the exercise balls thank you.
one is very social will sit in your hand and will allow you to touch her in the cage, the other one is very nervous, she seemed a little better once the house was removed but wont be touched and hides most of the time when someone is in the room. but its only been not even a day so time will tell.