PDA

View Full Version : Which main class to enter?

Mollz
02-24-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm not intending to enter Amelie (REC longhaired satin) into a show for a while, but which main class should I enter her in: Longhaired Cream or Longhaired Satin?

Does it matter - or could she be entered in either (as afterall she fits into both!).

Basia
02-24-2008, 10:28 AM
If she's a satin I think she goes in the satin class Molz.

I_am_plankton
02-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Satin or patterned always comes over the hamsters colour. You could have a dom spot golden for example that goes in the patterned class.

So she would be LH Satin :)

Holly
02-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Unfortunately LH Satin and LH cream tend to both be pretty big classes generally - there were only 8 in Satin yesterday (not sure about LH Cream as mine didn't win anything in Cream) which is one of the smaller LH Satin classes mine have gone in - mind you I had three of them :P

I suppose it's not usually as big as LH Cream so that's something. I remember Sue from BVH saying on another forum that she and most of the other big breeders tend to breed more of what they are likely to get BIS with and, apparently, Creams are just that (and Goldens). So I always tend to find my Creams are up against some HUGE and beautiful Tristar or BVH hamsters.

Oh well, that's showing for you!