PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Beckham & Posh

Basia
02-24-2008, 06:04 AM
This is Beckham, who I collected from Bourne Valley Hamsters yesterday. He is 11 weeks old and he has just woken up in these photos so his ears are down.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/24208003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/24208006.jpg

Posh is my impulse buy from the sales table yesterday. She is 16 weeks old and was bred by Lilliput Hams. She too was woken up but being a girl she wakes up instantly. :x

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/24208009.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/24208016.jpg

Mollz
02-24-2008, 06:20 AM
They are both adorable and will make lovely babies (I take it that is your intention :wink: ).

I didn't really get to see them yesterday, but I'm sure they are even more lovely in the flesh.

How well are they both settling down?

Basia
02-24-2008, 06:32 AM
They are settling down really well thanks Molz. How is your little girl?
I wish I had shown them to you. I tucked them away in the corner before I started talking to you - sorry. :(

Hanlou
02-24-2008, 06:36 AM
Wow, they really are gorgeous hamsters Basia. :D

I knew *someone* would impulse buy a hamster! :lol:

Their colours are really lovely. Welcome to the forum Posh and Becks' ! x

suga
02-24-2008, 06:52 AM
They are lovely :-). Welcome to the new hams....
What colour/type are they?

Basia
02-24-2008, 07:25 AM
I have a history of impulse buying hamsters Hanlou. :?

Suga - Beckham is a short-haired Golden and Posh is short-haired Satin Golden. :D

I_am_plankton
02-24-2008, 07:28 AM
I saw them both yesterday and they were stunning in person, they are so lovely! I am quite taken with Becks as he has a lovely coat, and I love the satin of Posh, I have a thing for satins!

I wonder why Sue doesn't like satins much?

Basia
02-24-2008, 07:36 AM
I wonder why Sue doesn't like satins much?[/quote]
It wasn't Sue. I don't know the name of the person but I have met her before at Cardiff.

I_am_plankton
02-24-2008, 07:48 AM
I wonder why Sue doesn't like satins much?
It wasn't Sue. I don't know the name of the person but I have met her before at Cardiff.[/quote]

what did she look like? Was she quite young or older?

Matty Day
02-24-2008, 08:05 AM
they are lovely hams i also like satin and am hoping touch wood to have my own satin cream line going starting in 2009 and of course i am also going to have my first litter of dom spot chinese next year to :x

Basia
02-24-2008, 08:33 AM
they are lovely hams i also like satin and am hoping touch wood to have my own satin cream line going starting in 2009 and of course i am also going to have my first litter of dom spot chinese next year to :x

Good luck Matty. I was very impressed with the chinese yesterday, I have never really seen them before being a committed syrian keeper. Your little girls were absolutely gorgeous and your new boy. Look forward to seeing you at more shows in the future.
I too am planning some satin creams, hopefully in my next litter. I plan to focus on creams and the goldens. I know they are fiercely contested classes but I like a challenge. If I can get close I will be pleased. We may be competing against each other in the future!

Leanne - I have sent you a PM. :wink:

souffle
02-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Awww Basia I love them. They are both beautiful and I am sure will give you lots of pleasure. :lol:

Mollz
02-24-2008, 09:46 AM
They are settling down really well thanks Molz. How is your little girl?
I wish I had shown them to you. I tucked them away in the corner before I started talking to you - sorry. :(

Amelie seems to have settled well although is quite speedy when being held/picked up.

Don't worry - I'm sure I'll see them in the future!

Spuds Mum
02-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Oh they are delicious Gill - I definitely think we will in the future be swapping goldens to add to our breeding lines (if I ever get a darn golden that gives birth lol). Arti is smitten too - golden satin is his favourite ever (Bramble is golden satin) and Beckham looks just super and I'm sure will do well showing!

Amelie seems to have settled well although is quite speedy when being held/picked up.

Don't worry - I'm sure I'll see them in the future!

Mollz - I didn't know you had called your REC Amelie what a beautiful name, one of my favourites (my Amelie says it is one of her favourites too! :wink: ) There'll be no excuse for me forgetting her name will there?

Mollz
02-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Mollz - I didn't know you had called your REC Amelie what a beautiful name, one of my favourites (my Amelie says it is one of her favourites too! :wink: ) There'll be no excuse for me forgetting her name will there?

I love the name too, and it seems to suit her little face.
I decided on the name, then looked at your website and realised that you had an Amelie - I didn't know whether you'd be cross that I'd "stolen" the name :wink:

suga
02-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Umm I can see the satin now - they are both great looking...

Spuds Mum
02-24-2008, 10:09 AM
No it just shows we both have good taste! lol :x

Holly
02-24-2008, 12:47 PM
They are lovely, Gill - I've seen them in person and I was immediately smitten (I sometimes wonder if I've done the right thing sticking to "Selfs"!). Hope Posh is doing ok tinight?

I think the person you were talking to at the sales table was Tyra.

Basia
02-24-2008, 01:38 PM
It wasn't Tyra, Holly - she was serving wasn't she? She was really sweet. Leanne has told me who it is. :wink:

Holly
02-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Yes Tyra was the sales table lady - I've met her before and she's lovely. Wonder who "it" was then? :P

Matty Day
02-24-2008, 01:56 PM
well basia if you are using cara for your satin cream line then our lines will be related as I am getting one of marses and Millys litter from holly are you breeding sh or lh satins I am going to start lh and turn sh

Spuds Mum
02-24-2008, 02:09 PM
I am going to start lh and turn sh

does this mean you are getting a haircut Matty? lol

Oh you will be joining a big hamster family then, including myself, and most importantly, Pophammy and Souffle! As we all have related hamsters wither from that first litter, or from the original hams!

It might be HC problems Holly, HC is going incredibly slow tonight for me, and keeps freezing, although all other sites are okay. Maybe Smoo is working on something in preparation for the new site? :?:

Basia
02-24-2008, 03:11 PM
I should get SH and LH from Cara Matty because she is a SH and Balou is LH.
Truffle and Balou's babies will be all LH with some satins hopefully.
Julie has lovely babies so I am sure you will be very pleased with yours. :D

jayne
02-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Basia they are both gorgeous! I'm loving Poshs coat, satin is beautiful!

Basia
02-24-2008, 04:26 PM
I've had them both out tonight. Beckham is easy to handle once I've caught him but he's a bit quick when I'm trying to scoop him up! He is a real sweetie, climbed up my front to come for a cuddle. I think he and I will be good friends.
Posh is easy to catch but very jumpy when she is first picked up. She settled down after a few minutes though. She sure is a chunky girl. :shock: The lump on her back is completely loose and doesn't seem to hurt her at all and as she is a bit jumpy I have decided not to take her to the vet yet.

Having them so soon after Peaches has reminded me how disadvantaged the P@H hammies are. Poor litte Peaches was so scared and completely untame when I got her. I spent a lot of time taming her in the short time she was with me and she was taming up nicely but it was hard work for her and me. These two have just arrived and I can pick them up and play with them.

Holly
02-25-2008, 01:23 AM
It seems it wasn't my pc after all - so glad I didn't chuck it out the window like I wanted to (very irritable I was last night :oops: )

well basia if you are using cara for your satin cream line then our lines will be related as I am getting one of marses and Millys litter from holly are you breeding sh or lh satins I am going to start lh and turn sh

I'm delighted you are having one of my babes, Matty - it's Mars and Molly, though - Milly is Mars's sister and that might be frowned upon :P (I get their names wrong all the time and Will corrects me :P ).

Brilliant news about Beckam and Posh, Gill - they are both adorable and I'm glad they seem to be settling in so well. You are right about P@H hamsters (except Aero for some unfathomable reason), just a bit of handling and kindness would make their lives so much less stressful. :(

Spuds Mum
02-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Ahh I was wondering Julie - so it looks like we will both be 'grandmothers then? :x I'm really happy you are breeding Molly, as we have made the decision not to breed Amelie or Sabine. Princess's line will continue with your Molly then (fingers crossed!).

Holly
02-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Ahh I was wondering Julie - so it looks like we will both be 'grandmothers then? :x I'm really happy you are breeding Molly, as we have made the decision not to breed Amelie or Sabine. Princess's line will continue with your Molly then (fingers crossed!).

Well it's pretty definite (hamsters willing!), Molly is a lovely type and she's seriously good-natured and people orientated - plus we'd like to mate Mars also for simillar reasons. We'd like a Cream Roan and Matty would like a Cream, I'd also like another Sable Roan but have a feeling there will definitely be no room at the inn by then :? (there's Aero to consider as well).

The only reason I wouldn't mate her is if we have a very large litter this time and I struggle to find homes for all of this lot :? ...Matty that would probably mean there'd be a nice Cream for you in Smartie's litter if you were interested - I'd be happy to run him/her on here until your babies are rehomed if that is the case and you are interested.

Matty Day
02-25-2008, 10:49 AM
i would prefer the latter litter partly as I want to rehome my first litter and also April is going to be a tight month money wise I am going to be bowled over with expenses :(

And I know Mays going to be a good month moneys wise as I am auctioning of a few of my more collectable possessions :D

and it would also be better for next year when i am going to have a litter of dom spot Chinese around about this time so the latter the Dob the better as i want to have my Syrian and Chinese litter at least one month apart as I am hoping to breed the pup I keep at 12 months and breed my Syrian at 12 months so this is also the reason id pefer a boy so i can keep a control on numbers and only breed when i have room to house the pup i keep from each litter :x

of course thougth if you are that over run id be happy to its just i would like to avoid it if i can because of myhamster and litter limits :x

Basia
02-25-2008, 04:43 PM
This is a picture of Becks with his ears up finally. I guess he will grow into them eventually. :?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/25202012.jpg

He has been out to play again tonight and is just a complete cuddle monster.

I weighed them both, Posh is 186g @ 16 wks, Becks 146g @ 11 weeks.

Spuds Mum
02-26-2008, 10:14 AM
He looks fantastic - hope you are bringing him to Alcester? (if so keep an eye on Arti - he may steal him)