PDA

View Full Version : how do you start a cream satin line?

Matty Day
02-22-2008, 02:01 PM
as well as my chinese breeding i was thinking of starting a cream satin line in 2009 if my first litter of chinese goes well

as i have now renogatited my hamster and litter limit now raised form seven to eight and from one to two resictivly

I_am_plankton
02-22-2008, 02:26 PM
You seem to get nicer creams if you breed cream to cream as opposed to cream to sable for example.

So you would need an ordinary cream and a satin cream, depending also whether you want a mix of long and short hairs also.

Basia
02-22-2008, 02:26 PM
You need a male and a female - one cream and one cream satin :P

I'm sorry Matty, it was irresistable.

Mollz
02-22-2008, 02:30 PM
You need a male and a female - one cream and one cream satin :P

I'm sorry Matty, it was irresistable.
That's exactly what I was thinking!
That's as complecated as it is Matty.

Matty Day
02-22-2008, 02:39 PM
no worreis Basia can tell i am getting tired. :lol:

Basia
02-22-2008, 02:46 PM
no worreis Basia can tell i am getting tired. :lol:

Early night for you m'lad :D
Hopefully get to say 'hi' to you tomorrow. If you see me and I haven't seen you make sure you say hello!
Gill

Leanne - I'm worried now, Jenny told me mating sable to cream improves the creams and I was planning to do that exact mating on Monday. :?

Holly
02-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Leanne - I'm worried now, Jenny told me mating sable to cream improves the creams and I was planning to do that exact mating on Monday. :?

I thought the same thing - I think it was Tristar's Jean who told me :?

I'm planning a Mink to Cream mating on Monday and a Sable Roan to Cream mating after that :shock:

I_am_plankton
02-22-2008, 03:04 PM

Hehe I am not a breeder so I honestly don't know! I had overheard someone once say that. I don't know what it applies to - for example with dwarfs if you bred a normal WW to a Sapphire you would get neither good sapphs or good normals since the sapphs would brown too quickly and the normals would be washed out more.

I would ask Sue Carter :) But I'm sure someone once said that the sables would be more creamier and not so dark. Please don't listen to me I have no clue :(

Mollz
02-22-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm sure I heard something about sable improving the lines, if Jean at Tristar said it then I would have thought it was right - but who knows?

I know what Leanne said about dwarfs is right though!

Holly
02-22-2008, 03:08 PM
But I'm sure someone once said that the sables would be more creamier and not so dark. Please don't listen to me I have no clue :(

I don't know about the Cream thing but I don't think that's true about Sables - I've got a BHA standards thing and it says it doesn't matter if the Sable is UU or Uu - it makes no difference to the colour.....

Hmmm...something to discuss tomorrow!

Spuds Mum
02-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Gaaaaahhhhh I need to discuss this tomorrow - wish i were going with you guys!
Have a good time everyone - take notes for me on anything interesting - I want a full report! :D