PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Online Status

StarlightSerenity
02-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Just a quick question from me, I would have PMed a mod but I thought others might want to know the answer :)

Why do most of the mods appear offline all the time? I don't mean the ones that aren't actually on anymore/rarely, I mean when they are actually about the forum but not appearing online. For those who are thinking, "What is she on about" there's an option in your User CP to continually appear offline, whether you are on or not :)

I just find it difficult working out who I should contact and when - I'd rather contact the mod online at the time, get a quick response than PM the one who isn't and might not be on again until the following evening for exmaple.

Anyway, just wondering, not complaining or anything :D

souffle
02-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Sometimes mods just want to look on the forum without posting and I find if I appear online all the time I feel I must answer posts and I get bombarded with PM's non stop. Not that I mind answering PM's of course but if I am seen to be online people expect an instant response and sometimes I just need to think about it and want time to answer later.
I also forget I have set myself to invisible but just for you starry I will go back as visible tonight :) :) :)....but you have to promise not to PM me 50 times a day :) LOL

suga
02-29-2012, 10:11 AM
I have been slightly losing the plot with work for the last couple of months and although I am here I was keeping my status as offline to allow my self to look but only respond where/when I could. Sometimes when on line I feel i have to read much more where as I don't worry so much when I'm offline.

:D