PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Monmouth Show?

Catja
02-11-2008, 02:04 AM
Hi, is anyone going to the Monmouth show? Whats the difference between the diplay day and the other day?

Holly
02-11-2008, 02:34 AM
Unfortunately the Monmouth Show is the same day as Brockholes (North Yorks) for us so we'll go to Brockholes.

Usually, on these weekend shows, one day is given over to the actual show, the "display" day is just that - visitors to the show come to the hamster tent to look at and learn about hamsters - there's no actual hamster show that day.

Lady Fluff
02-11-2008, 02:41 AM
I'm contemplating but it won't be easy - as I don't drive, it'll be either two trains and one bus, or one train and two buses, meh. It's my nearest one though (typically, I'm on holiday for the one in Cardiff in September, grr!). I don't like the thought of bringing back hammies on public transport, not for that length of time at least... And I'm itching to get another hammy, so it'd be very hard to resist of I did make it! :x

Basia
02-11-2008, 03:46 AM
I'm going, this one's a local for me!
I might even have something for the sales table. :wink:

I_am_plankton
02-11-2008, 03:52 AM
I will be there :) I am going to be helping to set up the day before since I only live 10 miles from the showground lol how jammy of me!

Catja
02-11-2008, 04:05 AM

Dare I ask how its going, have you tried a mating yet, remind me who you were going to use? :D

Basia
02-11-2008, 06:27 AM

Dare I ask how its going, have you tried a mating yet, remind me who you were going to use? :D

The female I wanted to mate won't stand so I have decided to leave her for a few weeks as it is so close to Highworth now and I planned to mate my sable girl as soon after Highworth as possible. Truffle, the sable, is standing regular as clockwork at the moment, which means she would be on heat the evening of Highworth so I will probably mate her 4 days after. That will be a BEC/sable mating both long-haired. The father is a Tristar Ham so I have my fingers crossed for some nice babies. :D

Catja
02-11-2008, 06:58 AM
Any idea of the possible colours?

Basia
02-11-2008, 10:29 AM
There should definitely be cream and sable - you never know what else will pop up!

hamsterman
04-13-2008, 02:33 AM
Hello everyone :) I'm new on here and this is my first post. I have 2 hamsters a honey syrian and a sable roan, both boys and both lovely! :D . I hope to go to the Monmouth show next saturday, I have looked into public transport - as I don't drive and will probably catch the National Express from Cardiff to Monmouth and then from Monmouth I will probably have to get a taxi to the showground, can anyone tell me if the showground is within walking distance of Monmouth bus station ?

I_am_plankton
04-13-2008, 02:41 AM
Hello everyone :) I'm new on here and this is my first post. I have 2 hamsters a honey syrian and a sable roan, both boys and both lovely! :D . I hope to go to the Monmouth show next saturday, I have looked into public transport - as I don't drive and will probably catch the National Express from Cardiff to Monmouth and then from Monmouth I will probably have to get a taxi to the showground, can anyone tell me if the showground is within walking distance of Monmouth bus station ?

It is doable but it's a good couple of miles I think, as the bus station is at the end of town and to get to the showground you need to get to the top of town to cross the bridge.

EDIT: If you Google Map, 95-97 Monnow Street and zoom in 1, it will show you the bus station in Monmouth. Then do directions to Redbrook Road, it's about 2.5 miles by car, walking is probably a bit more - it is doable, but is probably a good walk

hamsterman
04-13-2008, 04:05 AM
Edited by Souffle - personal details removed.

I_am_plankton
04-13-2008, 04:36 AM
Edited by Souffle - personal details removed

hamsterman
04-13-2008, 07:17 AM
Edited by Souffle -personal details removed

I_am_plankton
04-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Edited by Souffle - personal details removed

Can I just ask are you bringing some hamsters with you/looking for any to buy? And how did you find out about the show (just out of curiousity?)

hamsterman
04-13-2008, 12:21 PM
I will not be bringing any hamsters to the show unfortunately :( as it's a bit too far, at the moment I am happy with my 2 boys and do not forsee getting any more hammies within the near future. I found out about the show from the hamster journal I receive every month, I also went to a show last year more nearer where I live.

I_am_plankton
04-13-2008, 01:23 PM
It's nice to see more faces at shows!

P.S. I would be surprised if you can resist any babies from the sales table!!

hamsterman
04-13-2008, 03:45 PM
:D Hi *****, my name is ****** !!!

I_am_plankton
04-14-2008, 11:20 AM
I will not be bringing any hamsters to the show unfortunately :( as it's a bit too far, at the moment I am happy with my 2 boys and do not forsee getting any more hammies within the near future. I found out about the show from the hamster journal I receive every month, I also went to a show last year more nearer where I live.

Did you got to the Llantrisant show?

hamsterman
04-14-2008, 02:02 PM
No didn't go to Llantrisant show - didn't know there was on to be honest, I have 2 hamsters - a honey syrian called Blinky and a sable roan called inky - both named after the ghosts in the Pac Man game :lol:

souffle
04-15-2008, 12:20 AM
Note from Souffle - Moderator
I have removed much of the content of the final part of this thread as I feel it contains too many personal details of private arrangements which should not be displayed on a public forum. Please would everyone ensure that they keep any such private arrangements private and make use of the PM facility. Also bear in mind the rules of Internet Safety and do not divulge any information on the forums or make arrangements which might compromise your safety. I am making no accusations of any sort here and am sorry but that I have to use one thread as an example. It is not the only one. Please, please use the PM facility folks. Even adults must be aware that Big Brother is watching you and don't forget the story of 'Little Red Riding Hood'!

hamsterman
04-15-2008, 08:45 AM
Thanks Souffle, unfortunately :( you're right. Such is the world we now all live in.