PDA

View Full Version : Water bottle

Lynternette
02-08-2012, 05:38 AM
I've tried a few hamster water bottles and still haven't found one that doesn't leak. Any advice pretty please?

kyrilliondaemon
02-08-2012, 06:46 AM
Er... We just use the standard "classic hamster bottle" things. One broke spectacuarly a while ago but they're usually really good. These (http://www.petsathome.com/shop/colortone-hamster-bottle-by-classic-33622) things, except ours are the clear ones.

Lynternette
02-10-2012, 02:23 AM
Thank you. I'm using that one but maybe it needs replacing. Dusty's very destructive.

Honeylilly
02-10-2012, 02:27 AM
classic water bottle (iv'e found that the coloured ones seem to be better than the clear ones for some reason?) iv'e replaced my hamsters twice in her 2 years due to smelling of algae:)

kyrilliondaemon
02-10-2012, 04:52 AM
For algae you can clean them, and Lynternette I think it was covered in another thread, but if you fill them full it can make a big difference compared to filling them only halfway, so that might help.
Oh and when ours broke, it didn't drip, instead of a leaky tap it just turned into a tap lol. Still no idea how the hamsters managed to cause it though

amy104
02-10-2012, 05:45 AM
The best way for cleaning algea out of water bottles it to put a few grains of dry rice into it with a small amount of water and give it a good shake. I have to do this all the time with the bunnies water bottles in the summer because the sun is forever turning them green.

Also they drip as they adjust in temperature, ie if you put in freezing cold water straight from the tap and you have the heating on.

sully
02-10-2012, 03:22 PM
The best way for cleaning algea out of water bottles it to put a few grains of dry rice into it with a small amount of water and give it a good shake.

You beat me to it! :D