PDA

View Full Version : any tips on my cat?

FluffNoodle
02-07-2012, 03:16 PM
im trying to think of a nice way to say this
my cats gets um upset if we dont let her outside right when she wants and if we dont she runs to the basments and uh wees on the floor in several places
i clean the floor almost everyday with natures miracle cleaner Amazon.com: Natures Miracle Stain and Odor Remover: Pet Supplies (http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Miracle-Stain-Odor-Remover/dp/B0002ASLMW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328652733&sr=8-1) im getting sick of it and so are my parents and they want her to be permanently outside or they are going to get rid of her ive had her since she was a kitten shes about 17 now
i dont think the cleaner is helping she always goes in the same spot even if we block it off she still gets there

any ideas its winter and kinda cold i dont want her staying outside

on a side note i scared the eh wee out of my dog today i felt bad but it was funny cuz i told him it was bath time

Mona's Humans
02-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Could you put a litter tray in the spot she uses?

FluffNoodle
02-07-2012, 03:34 PM
we have 2 and she goes about a foot away from one of them she wont use it

tjherman
02-07-2012, 03:58 PM
There's some sprays, like "No-Mark," that will discourage the cat from urinating. You have to keep reapplying though. Another possibility is that she doesn't like the cat litter you're using. Sometimes they're picky like that. My 15 year old tabby didn't want to use the boxes until we switched litters! :)

If the cat is 17, you may want to take her to the vet for a checkup. When one of my cats started urinating on the rug, the wall, the furniture... you get the picture!... it turned out she was in kidney failure. Just another possibility!

MismatchedMongrel
02-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Don't put a 17 year old cat outside. How long has she been peeing out of spite?

happysaz133
02-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Sounds like there could be some sort of medical problem for her to start doing this at 17. Has she been to the vet lately? You certainly can't make her live outside at her age, its harsh. Can you install a cat door to let her have the freedom to come in and out when she wants?

FluffNoodle
02-07-2012, 08:53 PM
no medically shes fine she only does it when she wants to go outside she a spiteful little b*** lol ive seen her go in the litter box she just does it to po us

Lougarry
02-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Has she been checked by a vet then? Kidney problems are common in older cats and that's what this sounds like. My Persian used to pee everywhere but he had cystitis which was the problem. My old cat now has chronic diarrhoea as she suffers from inflammatory bowel. Sometimes she doesn't quite get to the litter tray or poos over the edge. It's frustrating but she doesn't do it on purpose.

If there really is no medical cause, and I would strongly suspect there is, then either you all need to respond quickly when she asks to go out, or get a cat door fitted.

Lynternette
02-08-2012, 02:16 AM
My last cat lived until she was eighteen and a half and she did wee more often. If she's physically ok then try a larger littler tray, and as tjherman says change the litter. Mine wouldn't use anything other than the grey clay based one. She point blank refused any other. Put her tray somewhere private for her. Please don't put her outside. She's an old lady.

FluffNoodle
02-08-2012, 09:44 AM
problem is shes not my only cat i have 2 others and one has allergies so we have to buy specific food and litter they are in door cats so we cant put a kitty door

she does it just to be a pain if she doesnt get let out right away she runs to the basement and goes

i was just wondering what other cleaner i could try

danni02
02-08-2012, 09:59 AM
you can get cat doors that only open to a cat wearing a chip on their collor. so only the outside cat will be able to go through.
im sure she is not doing it just to be a pain.

tjherman
02-08-2012, 10:40 AM
I agree that she's not doing it to be a pain! Cats urinate in the wrong place like that because something is up. It could be a "Hey, pay attention to me!" or a "I don't feel good!" kind of wrong. With her advanced age, it's likely the latter.

crazygal330
02-08-2012, 12:02 PM
As you have said she does it every time after she tries to go outside. From your descriptions it sounds like some sort of health problem, she wants to go out, probably to pee but you don't get there quick enough, she tries to make it to the right place indoors but misses. If it was out of agression or annoyance at yourselves I would have thought she would just have peed by the door.
Animals aren't capable of intentionally annoying us just for the hell of it. Either there is a behavioural or a medical problem that needs attention.

ETA: did she use the litter tray OK in the past? How long ago did you see the vet with her?

danni02
02-08-2012, 12:04 PM
if it was out of spite she would be spraying everywhere. and you'd know about it too because it stinks! take her to a vet and have her checked out, shes an old lady, its very likely to be a health issue

Peachesmum
02-08-2012, 01:15 PM
The reason she gets 'upset' if you don't let her out when she wants is because she can't hold the wee in!!! Cats do not enjoy peeing in the wrong place, especially when they've been doing it in the right place all their lives. She needs to go when she needs to go, and if you don't let her out right away, of course she will have to do it elsewhere!!! ](*,)

Oh, and cats don't spray out of 'spite' either - unneutered toms spray because the owner forgot to neuter them...

FluffNoodle
02-08-2012, 09:32 PM
when we let her out she sits outside the door and stares at us or sits in the window she obviously she doesnt have to go that bad and she is spayed i think she just like the door opening cuz we can let her out and shell turn around and wait for the door to close then she wants to come back in

FluffNoodle
02-08-2012, 09:37 PM
and i do think cats do things just to piss us off like my sisters cat will follow us around practically screaming at us non stop til we follow her to the food bowl and itll be full and she will eat and as soon as we walk away she starts meowing again

oooooorrrrr all my cats have mental issues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23dusZqGcxY